Laundry Detergent in Luggage

Kimbra

Mouseketeer
I usually bring small ziploc bags of powdered Tide and dryer sheets to WDW in my checked luggage. Do you think this is going to be a problem? We leave on Wed. morning. Thanks for any help on this. :)

Kimbra :wave:

It wasn't a problem for us, I did the exact same thing. We flew on AA and had no trouble at all. Staying under their new weight limits??? Now THAT'S another story....:(

You may want to consider taking the TIDE tablets. Very easy to pack and NO mess!!!

pin
remember the magic
DVC/BCVs 2002

I'm packing some laundry detergent tabs and fabric softener sheets. If they want to search them -- have at it. ;) :rolleyes: Pretty dangerous stuff. ;) They will be pretty bored looking through my luggage. :jester:

We do the zip-lock thing, too...Works great. I think we might be bringing the detergent in our carry-on this time, to try to reduce any reason for the 'specialty search'.

I vote for the tablets-they are packaged in "twos" and labeled--very easy to pack, and no chance of a big mess if the baggie breaks. You can buy a small box.

I've also wondered about this - I wasn't going to put it in my carry on because I was afraid the "zip lock" bag with white powder might spook someone thinking it was Anthrax...:(
The tablets sound like a good solution.

We throw in packets of the Tide Tablets also. But with the new security and weight limits, we will now wait till our grocery run once we get there.

Another tablet fan here....used them my last trip and they were great....

Did my final shopping run today. I couldn't find the Tide tablets in a small box, so I bought a small 12 box of Wisk tablets. Not my usual detergent, but for $1.99 and the convience I couldn't pass it up.

Thanks again! :)

Kimbra:wave:

Yup, love those tablets. They fit nicely in your pockets along with your coins even!

Save the laundry samples that you may get here and there in the original packages as well...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter