Laundry

People have reported recently that both services are now available. I think the laundry rooms were closed when sailing first restarted.

I sailed on the Magic last month and used a self-serve laundry room, which was open as usual. I wasn't interested in full-service so I don't have any knowledge about that.

I avoid anything on my cruise that reminds me of chores at home. I'd rather bring extra luggage!

Well, extra luggage means extra bag fees. It's also annoying to carry it around. And you have to find a place to put it in the room. And who wants to pack used beach clothes that haven't been washed? Ew.

Well, extra luggage means extra bag fees. It's also annoying to carry it around. And you have to find a place to put it in the room. And who wants to pack used beach clothes that haven't been washed? Ew.
To each his own and I don’t pay extra luggage fees if you know what I mean and my stateroom has ample room for an extra bag. And I don’t roll around on the beach or become that grimy. Ew. But most importantly, there was no reason to leave a nasty response to my comment. I try to avoid negative threads and have been successful until now.

Last edited:
To each his own and I don’t pay extra luggage fees if you know what I mean and my stateroom has ample room for an extra bag. And I don’t roll around on the beach or become that grimy. Ew. But most importantly, there was no reason to leave a nasty response to my comment. I try to avoid negative threads and have been successful until now.

I wasn't trying to be negative. I was just showing that not everyone is the same. I couldn't imagine not doing laundry at least once on the cruise, especially if there's a beach day. But we're all different!

Hey guys, let's remember everyone has different opinions and just because you don't agree doesn't mean the other is wrong or being nasty. Let's keep this thread on topic and not make personal comments. Thanks!

Yes to self service laundry although it seems like the machines and soap dispensers always acting up lol

DCL has reasonable price laundry that they do it for you. No need to do the laundry yourself when DCL will do it for you at a reasonable cost. At least they did its been two years since I cruised.
As another person said to each their own.

On the recent Fantasy cruise they had both full service laundry/dry cleaning as well as self service laundry facilities available.

I use the DCL laundry service on every cruise. It isn’t really that expensive in my opinion. They come back clean and neatly folded. Other lines have pretty crappy laundries, but DCL is great.
I’ve often used it more than once. I try to under-pack, so I just have them washed on onboard. 😁

Is there any kind of option to have unlimited laundry service your whole cruise? This was an option on a previous cruise and was amazing!! Or what about a fill the laundry bag and pay a set fee? The only fee information I am finding is per article of clothing … and that adds up fast!!

I washed our CC stuff last week on the Magic. It was $3 wash and $3 to dry. I had to buy "electronic tokens" at a machine before using one. I brought tide pods from home. The app will text you when the washer or dryer has begun and I set an alarm to come back a minute before the time was up. Only one other person was in the room with me and it was at 6:30am on our Nassau day (day after CC.)

Is there any kind of option to have unlimited laundry service your whole cruise? This was an option on a previous cruise and was amazing!! Or what about a fill the laundry bag and pay a set fee? The only fee information I am finding is per article of clothing … and that adds up fast!!
If you had unlimited laundry or "fill the bag" option on DCL, it was a special thing. It's always been a specified cost since we've started cruising.

Other cruise lines we've been on have the unlimited/fill the bag options.

We sailed on the 10/30 Fantasy and I sent shirts out to be pressed on day 1 and also did self-serve laundry
on day 6.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter