Lauren & George's Wishes Wedding- 12.01/16- WP/Attic *Updated 11/06: TR Day 6!

I love the dress you picked and you look great in it! I also love the colors you are looking at; have you thought about possibly adding a navy blue to break up the other similar colors? Just a thought. :) Yay you have a tasting date, how exciting!!:tigger: Just think of it this way, it's Disney food, so it's all good!

What a beautiful color palette! I think it will look lovely in both of your venues. Forgive me if you already mentioned this - but do you have any ideas for floral yet and how that might correspond with your colors? :)

What a beautiful color palette! I think it will look lovely in both of your venues. Forgive me if you already mentioned this - but do you have any ideas for floral yet and how that might correspond with your colors? :)

Thanks! I don't have too many floral ideas yet since I'm not a big flower person, but I'm thinking just small, vintage-style jars (like glass milk bottles and/or glass Coca Cola bottles) with just little, pastel-colored blooms (not even an arrangement necessarily). I think the vintage bottles will lean well with the turn-of-the-century seaside vibe (without being outright nautical). I'm thinking something along the lines of this, but with more colors than just white and pink:

23953365889_2467d786e0_c.jpg

The only other flowers that I can think of that would match with the purple/mint/grey color combo are succulents, which I love, but have a feeling would cost a small fortune through Disney. I'm also afraid that if I use succulents, it would give the room too much of a rustic vibe, which is not what I'm trying to go for at all.

Do you have any other ideas?

Caught up!! I'm going to throw in my usual disclaimer that I'm here and reading the whole way, even if I'm a little quieter now that my wedding is over/work has gone bananas. Love your plans, love your dress, love KRISTIE!!!! Seriously, she is amazing.

Also (though I'm sure you know this), since you mentioned having read about my wedding, definitely clean any gauges you get from Etsy before wearing them, or you might end up like my MOH :scared1: it's a funny story now but it definitely made the wedding morning more stressful!

Caught up!! I'm going to throw in my usual disclaimer that I'm here and reading the whole way, even if I'm a little quieter now that my wedding is over/work has gone bananas. Love your plans, love your dress, love KRISTIE!!!! Seriously, she is amazing.

Also (though I'm sure you know this), since you mentioned having read about my wedding, definitely clean any gauges you get from Etsy before wearing them, or you might end up like my MOH :scared1: it's a funny story now but it definitely made the wedding morning more stressful!

LOL! Your MOH was actually the first thing I thought of when I ordered the plugs. I haven't received them yet, but they have been ordered and I will definitely thoroughly clean them before putting them on, and I'll wear them for a few days to make sure I don't get any funky reactions way, WAY before the wedding. My ears are super sensitive anyways and I can only wear certain metals, so I'll need to make sure I don't get a crazy reaction to them.

And thanks for all the love! I'm so glad you're following along and so SO happy that Kristie is my planner!

Our Disneyland Engagement Pictures!

Now that I've got some of the wedding details out of the way, I'm ready to show you my engagement photos! After we got engaged last January and started planning our trip to Disneyland, I knew that I HAD to have engagement pictures done there. I know we could have probably done our engagement pictures at the parks here at WDW, but something about the idea of getting our very first trip to Disneyland documented professionally was so much more appealing, so we started looking into that. My first choice was obviously White Rabbit Photo Boutique because they have the most BEAUTIFUL Disneyland pictures ever. I inquired them about pricing, but unfortunately it was out of my range so I had to pass. Then another Disney bride recommended another Disneyland photographer who would do my engagement pictures for about half the price! She was a beginning Disneyland photographer trying to build her portfolio of Disneyland engagement sessions. I thought it was perfect for our price point so I contacted her and we agreed to book an engagement shoot.

Long story short, in the couple of months leading up to my trip, it was getting difficult to get ahold of this photographer. When we hired her, she didn't have us put a deposit down or sign anything since she was just starting out and this was already a little fishy to me. A month before the trip I was starting to get more nervous because she would take SO long to answer emails. I didn't know where we were meeting, what time, I didn't have a phone number for her, etc. Finally, the week before our trip, she texts me and tells me that she has to work the day of our scheduled shoot and asks if we could do it another day. We were only visiting Disneyland for 3 whole days and had everything scheduled down pretty much to the minute in regards to park time and dining so we couldn't really switch our day very easily. The only day she was available to do it was Saturday, which not only was our first day in the park, but I also knew it would be insanity in regards to crowds so I declined. I flipped out and started bawling in the restaurant where George and I were having dinner when I got the text. I was so upset.

I knew that White Rabbit was still out of my budget, but at this point I was desperate and I really wanted my engagement pictures in Disneyland and I no longer cared if it was too expensive. I contacted them as soon as we got home and within an hour I had an email from Jenna telling me to calm down and that she would help me find a photographer for our engagement shoot (with less than a week's notice)! Not only was she incredibly amazing with helping us out at the last minute, but she also assigned us to one of her associate photographers, which comes at a less expensive price. I was thrilled! Our associate shooter was Michelle, and we hit it off right away. I truly can't say enough great things about White Rabbit Photo Boutique, Jenna Henderson, and associate shooter Michelle. They were all wonderful. If you'd like to see all of our engagement photos, here's a link to them: https://service.pass.us/client/event/1C9871382887. And here's a link to the adorable slideshow that Jenna created with our photos: http://show-vid.com/view/4gp262x4.

Finally, here are some of my favorite photos from our engagement session (there's SO many)! Sorry for the photo overload!

23270421049_fc64826a00_c.jpg

23555949211_10e9fcea25_c.jpg

My only regret is that I didn't hire someone to do my hair and makeup. I was considering it and went back and forth so much, but when our original photographer cancelled and we ended up going with a more expensive photographer, I didn't want to spend the extra money. I'm in love with my pictures, but my hair looks like sh*t in most of them because it was humid and my hair didn't like it. I ended up pulling it back halfway through the session because I knew it would look horrible in the pictures.

And for anyone who wants to read about my trip to Disneyland, I have a TR posted in my signature below! Enjoy!

Last edited:

Ahh! I can't handle how adorable your engagement pictures are! The stress beforehand sounds nerve-wracking, but your pictures turned out beautifully. So many great shots, but my favorite is the one where you are touching noses with the ferris wheel in the background. So adorable! :)

Ahh! I can't handle how adorable your engagement pictures are! The stress beforehand sounds nerve-wracking, but your pictures turned out beautifully. So many great shots, but my favorite is the one where you are touching noses with the ferris wheel in the background. So adorable! :)

Thank you so much! It was a very stressful situation, but I don't regret it at all because we would have never gotten the amazing pictures we did with our original photographer. I feel like this was all meant to be and I'm thrilled with how everything work out.

I think a lot of people must have liked that picture best too because the official Disney Weddings Instagram actually featured that picture and I screamed out loud when I saw it! Haha, I felt like I was Instagram famous for a minute.

23770895693_3b88387897_c.jpg

And then I laughed out loud because our shoes totally are not Converse, they're Vans. Haha.

Hi Lauren! I've really enjoyed reading about your plans so far, you guys are so cute! I know how you feel re: dress shopping, such a weird experience! I am quite a girly girl but I always shop online haha and it was just so exhausting! So pleased it's all done and dusted now :D

Your engagement photos are SO NICE, how are you going to choose which ones to put around your house!? Toughie! Looking forward to hearing more about your plans as they happen :) xxxxx

Hi Lauren! I've really enjoyed reading about your plans so far, you guys are so cute! I know how you feel re: dress shopping, such a weird experience! I am quite a girly girl but I always shop online haha and it was just so exhausting! So pleased it's all done and dusted now :D

Your engagement photos are SO NICE, how are you going to choose which ones to put around your house!? Toughie! Looking forward to hearing more about your plans as they happen :) xxxxx

Thanks Libby! I always shop online too! I hate shopping at physical stores.

I've picked a few photos for around the house (mainly because I had room
For quite a few of my favorites), but the REALLY tough part will be picking ones for our Save the Dates! I don't even know where to start.

By the way, I LOVE your planning journal too! Your event sounds like it's going to be a blast! And I love all your details from the planning session. Very helpful!

Bridesmaids and Bridesmaids Dresses

I can't believe I'm this far into my PJ and I haven't even mentioned my bridesmaids yet! My BMs are actually the very first thing I made official after we got engaged, so its about time I give them some love! I'm keeping my bridal party pretty small and kinda-sort of only family to avoid any drama between my girlfriends. I love them all dearly, but I'm just not going to deal with that when planning a wedding. And now that we've switched from having a big wedding to a super small wedding with hardly any friends at all, I'm really that I didn't choose a big bridal party off the bat because many of my girlfriends that I would have had in the bridal party won't even be coming to the wedding now.

My Maid of Honor is my younger, Sara. I don't think I need to give too much background on her since she's my sister and I've known her my whole life. She's 3 years younger than me and we've had a love-hate relationship growing up, but now that we're both adults, we're much closer (especially since I moved out of my parents house). The night that George proposed to me on the cruise, my parents took my sister out to dinner and told her that George should be proposing to me any minute now (he told them his plans the week prior to leaving) and my sister's reaction to the news was that she was so surprised she started bawling in the restaurant! Since then, she's been super into helping me plan for the wedding and we've been spending even more time together.

Other than my MOH, I have two other bridesmaids. My best friend Meghan, who I've known for over 20 years, and George's younger sister, Maggie. Meghan has been my best friend for over 20 years. She was one of the first people I met when I moved from Montreal to Florida and not much has changed since then. Meghan's dad lived across the street from my parents house, and while she didn't live there year-round (her parents are divorced) she stayed at her dad's house all summer and during school holidays. Since my family moved to Florida pretty close to the summer, we met then and have been inseparable ever since...other than the fact that we live in different states. The best part about Meghan being my best friend is that she's also best friends with my sister (since we all grew up together) so they are having a blast planning everything together. I'm pretty sure they started planning my bachelorette and bridal shower the day after I got engaged. Meghan is really so much more than a friend, she's family. Which is why I had no doubts that she had to be one of my bridesmaids. My sister and I were also bridesmaids at her wedding two years ago.

Myself, Meghan, and Sara at Meghan's wedding (excuse my terrible hair. The stylist messed up badly)

Last but definitely not least, is George's sister, Maggie. She's 20 years old and I've known her since she was in middle school, so she's like my baby sister. She'll be 21 by the time we have the bachelorette party though. Yay!

Me and Maggie (and George's brother Jeffrey)

As far as bridesmaids dresses go, I knew what I wanted them to wear almost right away. I'm a big supporter of Mod Cloth...I love their stuff so much, and as soon as I saw these dresses I knew thats what I wanted my girls to wear. Here are the dresses they will be wearing:

I'm thrilled with this choice because not only do I get to support a company that I love, but they are also very affordable and the girls love them. Win-win! I know they will all look amazing in this dress too because I think it flatters every body type. In fact, I love this dress so much, that I have the same dress, but in black, because I can never get enough black.

Hi George!

It fits me like a glove and I feel great in it. I can also wear a normal bra, which would personally make me one happy bridesmaid :cool1: As far as shoes go, I think I'll just have them wear whatever shoes they want. I'm really not picky. Might stick to black so that they all match, but I don't really care what style shoe they want to wear. Not too picky on accessories either, I just want my girls to feel comfortable and beautiful!

we've had a love-hate relationship growing up, but now that we're both adults, we're much closer (especially since I moved out of my parents house).
This is exactly my little sister and I as well! We are almost 6 years apart though. Love the BM dresses!

When is your planning session?

This is exactly my little sister and I as well! We are almost 6 years apart though. Love the BM dresses!

When is your planning session?

Thanks! Our planning session is on June 13th. I'm so excited! I just want to eat Disney food and cake! Haha.

I love your BM dresses!! I'm a sucker for lace. They're so pretty and also look like something that could be worn again. I also really love ModCloth. Two dresses for our engagement pictures, my rehearsal dress, and my sister's MOH dress all came from there. :) They have such cute stuff!

I love your BM dresses!! I'm a sucker for lace. They're so pretty and also look like something that could be worn again. I also really love ModCloth. Two dresses for our engagement pictures, my rehearsal dress, and my sister's MOH dress all came from there. :) They have such cute stuff!

Thank! I'm such a sucker for lace too, but am picky about lace patterns. Lol. I hope my girls will love the dresses enough to wear them again...I love mine and have already worn it twice and will definitely wear it again. Mod Cloth is seriously the best place for dresses. I own at least 4-5 Mod Cloth dresses and have tons more on my wish list. You really can't go wrong with Mod Cloth!

I love Mod Cloth! I am currently stalking that website for wedding week dresses! Also the color is fab, it'll make brown/blond tones pop, their hair will look fab!

All caught up! Your engagement pics are amazing - you must be over the moon with them. Sorry you had to go through the drama to get them but I believe things happen for a reason too!

Love your BMs dresses, and your colour ideas too! :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter