LAX and Honolulu Airport March 2019 Rental Questions

Muddy Rivers

DIS Veteran
For our first time, we are visiting Aulani in March with a stop at Disneyland on our way home. Looking to rent a car at Honolulu International Airport as well as LAX. Any suggestions in obtaining the best deals? (Don't want to wait too long but most deals seem to expire and the end of 2018).

Can't help on the deals but be aware that at Honolulu some car rental agencies have their cars right across the road from baggage claim while others require a shuttle bus to their lot.

Even after you book keep checking rates as they do fluctuate. Of the numerous times I have rented I have almost always gotten a better rate then what I started with.

This past Aug at LAX I originally booked 9 days and the rates were over $400 for a Rav 4 sized at all agencies. I then got it down to $370 at Avis and eventually $340 at Dollar. I used discount coupon codes that I talk about below.

Sign up for each car rental agencies special club, which are almost always free. They sometimes have special rates/discounts, but more importantly depending on the airport may have a special desk/are where you can go to get the car and not have to wait in a long line.

Do a web search for "Alamo car discounts", "Avis car discounts", etc. Sites like Retail Me Not will pop up with discount codes that you enter in. If you have AAA check that too.

At LAX I believe all car rental agencies are located off site so you will need to take a shuttle.

Yes, give at least 20 minutes to get to and from the airport and the offsite rental agencies in LA. One time, we waited awhile for an Alamo shuttle to arrive at the airport. They are not as close as you think.

Thank you so much everyone for your help! Trying to make reservations soon but most searches are providing codes for rentals that expire the end of 2018 so far. I appreciate your help!!

When I was booked our rental cars in both Honolulu and LA, I was able to get the best deals from Costco. Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter