• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Layered Masks in Parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

adzfoster84

Earning My Ears
Has anyone had any issues with CM's regarding single layer mask vs double or triple layer masks? I was reading up on the Covid guidelines and it states that the mask "should" be double layered but doesn't appear that it is a requirement. Just wanting to double check before we go and make a bunch of masks for our January trip. Thanks!

Official Policy is here:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/#drawer-card-faceCoverings
All face coverings (whether disposable or reusable) should:
  • Be made with at least 2 layers of breathable material
  • Fully cover the nose and mouth and secure under the chin
  • Fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
  • Be secured with ties or ear loops and allow the Guest to remain hands-free

While I seriously doubt any cast member is going to stop you to evaluate the medical efficacy of your face covering as long as it appears to be a well-fitting mask and not just a rubber band attached to a napkin or something, I would suggest following the official Disney guidelines on the subject.

Not quite what your asking - but I did see a big argument between a guest and a cast member over their N95 mask.
He had an N95 like you typically use for construction, sanding or painting etc.. - so it had a vent of some sort on it.
I have many of these from long before covid for woodworking.

They told him he had to wear standard mask over that.

Personally dont care either way - but found it a little odd. Airlines said basically the same thing in their announcements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter