LBV Golf Course...Construction Problems?

OldSchoolDisney

Mouseketeer
Am scheduled to play golf at LBV week of Feb 6-9 (Staying at POR since Dixie Landings...and it is Dixie Landings!! ...pool is closed) and was wondering if construction noise etc is causing any problems at LBV course...........I know they have been tearing down treehouses, villas etc as part of Dis Institute to Saratoga Springs Resort changeover...........

Poly 76'
Poly 77'
Poly & CR 78'
Poly 79'
Golf Resort & Poly 80 ' (remember that Place)
Ft. Wilderness & Poly 82'
Ft. Wilderness 83'
Ft. Wilderness & Poly 84'
LBV Treehouses 85'
LBV Treehouses & Ft Wilderness 87'
Poly 91'
Ft. Wilderness & Poly 93'
Ft. Wilderness 94'
WL 96'
WL 97'
DL & WL 98'
ASMu 98'
DL 99'
DL 2000'
DL 2001'
WL 2002'
And Soon to be POFQ Feb. 2003

Well, I can take a stab at this, though I can't answer your question fully :)

I played LBV back in November, and there were no problems at all with noise, etc. on the course. In fact, it was in great condition, the best I've seen it in the past three years that I've played there.

Also, I don't know if you've played LBV before, but the treehouses are only along the right hand side of the 17th hole, so even if their demolition is ongoing, this shouldn't hamper too much of your round :)

Thanks for your help.......yes have played LBV before and enjoy it....actually am playing 6 times in 5 days while down there....Osprey twice and the other four courses all once........but enjoy LBV becuase of the "sites".....playing by POFQ....the boats going by etc..............Usually go to Disney with family (6,5 & 1 yr. old) but this is a college reunion trip with three friends so just playing golf and soaking in the disney feeling.........

Well...you're lucky...I'm jealous, :)

When I was in college, our conference championships were held at LBV, for two of my four years anyway. It was a great place to play...aaaand, I won my junior year :) It was especially nice to head down there in April when it was still FREEZING in Connecticut!

It was one of the few golf trips we actually got to take with the men's team too, so that was fun. I just played the Palm in December, it was in great shape too...and hopefully I'll be back in March to play some more.

Hope you have fun with your college buddies!!

~sarah

Shhh, oldSchoolDisney, don't tell DH that you're averaging golf more than once a day at WDW. Then I'd never see him! As it is, he plays in the AM and I at least get to see him in the late afternoon and evening. So far, I've even been able to convince him to take one day a week off, so that we can get to AK. He gets done too late to go there and do much the other days of the week.

My DH played LBV in October, and had no complaints whatsoever, in fact he was extremely impressed with the course! Have fun!

I'm trying to imagine it being possible NOT to have fun golfing at WDW........nope can't imagine it......When I go with family (like in late sept, stayed at WL for a week) don't play golf at all......but every couple years I sneak off with my college chums and we enjoy going down to WDW and playing golf and relaxing....... I guess we are all kids at heart...........Needless to say it makes my wife jealous, but she was just down at WDW for a "work" convention for 4 days in mid-Nov. so she doesn't mind tooooo much........NH where did you play golf at?.....Lehigh U. here class of 88'............which course do you prefer the most at WDW?

Can't speak to LBV, but I was lucky enough to steal away from the family one morning to play Magnolia on our last trip. It was nice to play the holes you see on TV, but 18 didn't look anything like it does on TV (probably because no stands?). And was it long! Busted a drive, still had over 200 to the green. Luckily made a good par though.

I enjoyed the course, didn't think it was too difficult. Parred in from 12 on, but other than that 2 birds and a bunch of doubles. I hate that.

Anyway, I know what you mean about golfing whilst vacationing with the family.... I felt guilt the whole round (my excuse for the doubles!).

Have a great time - hit em good.

OldSchool, I played at Fairfield Univ. in CT. Unfortunately, I didn't find my groove until after I graduated, now I'm down to a 6 handicap. I hovered right around 10 when I was in college. I just graduated in '01, but I must say that I do miss it, haha. It's so nice that my boyfriend and I both play though, makes it easy to spend time together AND play golf...we can take off from work for a weekend and just play golf straight through.

I love the LBV course, probably because it has memories for me. I also really enjoy the Palm course. It was fun to play Magnolia, mostly from seeing it on TV, but I did NOT enjoy the rough there, lol

What about you? Favorite course?

Of the older courses I like LBV the best..........I like Palm and Magnolia too, but I find them to be more typical Florida courses (although very nice ones)......I like the two Bonnet Creek courses better, especially Osprey Ridge.....very peaceful, you are two miles from the clubhouse after 8th hole......and you rarely see one hole from the hole you are on....plus they moved a lot of earth to create elevation changes..........My handicap has moved the other way, but children will have that effect, have gone from a 5 handicap pre-children to a 10 now.....but that's fine, still love to play.............It's funny I applied to four colleges...Lehigh, Colgate, Hamilton and Fairfield.....pretty campus Fairfield............I'm still trying to convince my wife she needs to love golf instead of just like it....lol.........

Does your wife play at all?? I had no choice but to fall in love with it, my whole family plays. When I started, I hated it, but I grew into it. Now, I'm in withdrawl when I don't get to play. We're actually heading down to Florida next week, not Orlando though, to play...

How funny is that that you applied to Fairfield?! What a small world...I loved it there, for the most part, but I definitely wouldn't go back. Where are you from now?

My wife plays, and enjoys it.........but doesn't LOVE it if you know what I mean......If we went south for a week together let's say, she would want to play two or three times and lay on the beach etc the rest.......where as I want to play 4 or 5 times at the crack of dawn then lounge the rest of the day on the beach etc......but she likes it enough to understand my golf addiction....lol......Grew up and still live in Buffalo, NY.....have a family business here so went away to college and then returned (subcontract machining)......we are actually building a upscale 18 hole golf course right now to open spring 2004........

Do you get a free membership along with building it!? :)

I totally understand what you're saying about your wife. That's how my sister-in-law is. She learned to play when she started dating my brother, and is more than happy to play a couple of times, or to even just ride with us and watch, but she doesn't want to play all the time. My boyfriend and I, on the other hand, play ALL the time, we skip out of work every day in the summer and get in at least 9 holes every afternoon. Then we play a couple of times each on Saturday and Sunday, it's just so much fun...Not to mention, we're both 6's, so we get pretty competitive.

Buffalo? How cold are YOU right now? I'm in NH and we might actually hit 20 degrees today...We do not live in the right climate to facilitate our addiction...

The high today is supposed to be 17 degrees, in the middle of a nasty cold spell at the moment......but have had very little snow this winter, can still see grass in the yard.......

FYI I booked the new Disney Great Golf Escape package...and it was $950 a man for the four of us for flights, rental car (minivan), 4 nites hotel (2 to a room at POFQ), unlimited range balls, 1/2 hr. lesson and SIX rounds of golf on Disney courses.......doesn't that seem incredibly cheap?.......courses alone are about $100 each ....and the days we are playing twice (two days) we were allowed to prebook replay rounds.........

That DOES seem cheap. The last two times we've gone down to play, we've done it "budget-style"...We played all the courses at the twilight rate, but with just the two of us, we had no problems getting in all 18 holes. I think instead of like $120, we only paid $50 or $60.
We're heading down the first week in May for a men's softball tournament at the sports complex, but I'm hoping we can go down before that to play some golf. If not, I think I will leave him to the softball and I might hit the course at least one day...

You rented a minivan, you're definitley living it up at Disney! ;) While you're there, you guys should head out to Jellyrolls some night...that's where we head around 8:00 after getting off the course...

That's funny.......my brother and I love Jelly Rolls and will definitely be there a couple times, the dueling piano players are awesome......we figure we'll go to Pleasure Island one nite (thursday nite at 8trax, all eighties music...relive my college days...lol), Boardwalk 1 or two nites.....maybe visit some of the resorts and have a drink or two one nite etc........just a laid back trip to WDW (which is not the norm when going there)........

Where do you usually stay when you go down?

We love Jellyrolls too...go there most nights. Funny thing is, I have never been to Pleasure Island...I just got a Premium Annual Pass for Christmas though, and since admission is included, I'm sure we'll be splitting our time there from now on too.

Though I've been quite a few times, I haven't been as many as you have!! ( I was looking at all the trips you have listed there). I've stayed at the Contemporary a few times, I went for Spring Break my sophomore year in college and we stayed at the Carribbean Beach resort...then when I went for golf a couple years, we stayed at the All Star Sports resort...hmm, oh once when I was little we stayed at the campground. Most recently, we've stayed off-property, because we just rent a car, and since we have no kids, we don't really spend much time at the hotel. And spending $35 a night makes is easy to go more often :) Then again, I'm a software engineer, he's a programmer...I think we can afford to splurge next time!

Yes I have two addictions.....travel and golf.....and they often go hand in hand.... lol............usually go on two trips a year, one to Disney and one to somewhere else.....(recently did Monterey and played Pebble Beach....unbelievable).........

Have stayed on and off Disney Property when in Orlando, have enjoyed both immensely but always prefer if possible staying on Disney property, just find it makes trip a little slower and a little less stressful, which when doing the WDW thing with the kids, a little less stress can be very helpful.......

Do you know if they sell Disney hole golf flags? I collect them on every golf trip I go on, but have for some reason never purchased a Disney one........decorate our sun room at home with all the flags.......(added Bethpage Black and Augusta National last year, went to both tournaments.....Tuesday practice round at Masters and Thursday round at US Open.)........

That's it, now you're just trying to make me jealous...
One of my friends just moved to LA and my godfather just moved to Pasadena, between the two of them, I think I have an excuse to go to California and play Pebble Beach...it's just one of those things that I HAVE to do someday...
We travel a lot too, unfortunately, it's usually to the same place. We have a house in Naples, FL and go there often during the winter, when we're not at Disney, of course. Work just tends to get in the way, it was much easier when I was in college and had umpteen breaks throughout the year.

About the flags, I have never seen them for sale, but...don't tell, we have often discussed the possibility of flags simply "disappearing" from flagsticks, especially since we play late in the afternoon...alas, all 18 flags have always been intact when we leave the course at sundown :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter