Le Cellier or Teppanyaki?

CK1

DIS VET / DVC member
A party of 8 plus baby (4 adults, 4 kids aged 4 to 9, PLUS... one 8 mos old baby).

Which would you do in Epcot -- Teppanyaki or Le Cellier? We've been to Teppanyaki before, when our boys were 5 and 4 and dd was 8 mos. She seemed to handle it well! But we're taking bil,sil, their 5 yr old and new baby with us this time... will they let 8 plus a baby at one table, since seating is for 8 only at Tepp? And how is LeCellier? I've been dying to try it, but just haven't made it there yet!

We've done Garden Grille (don't think sil/bil cared for it, tho' my dh loved it). DOne coral Reef also (sil loved it -- but my dh didn't care for it, lol!)

What's the verdict???

we have dined at both and enjoyed both. however, since you will have children w/you, i think the children would enjoy japan since the chefs are entertaining. the food is very good at either choice and you will be happy w/either. maybe ask your children what they think. happy eating wherever you select!:tongue:

We've been to both and my choice would be LeCellier. The food at Teppanyaki is good and the chefs can be entertaining. The food at LeCellier is fantastic. So you don't get the 'entertainment factor' at LeCellier--that's what the rest of WDW is for! My DDs (9 & 11) both also prefer the food at LeCellier. Go for it!

Both are must do's for our family. HOwever, my 3 DD's prefer Teppanyaki over LeCellier......it is more entertaining......

We've eaten dinner at both, and love both!

However, Teppanyaki will be less expensive for one, and more entertaining. I don't think it will be a problem fitting a baby at your table for 8.

LeCellier, while the food is delicious, it is expensive, and the atmosphere is okay, but dark.

Here's another vote for Teppanyaki. It'll be more entertaining for the kiddos, and the food is really good.

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but as far as steak places go, I think there are better restaurants than Le Cellier....and being in a "le cellier", the atmosphere is a little dull.

They are both great. We visit them both often. The only strike against Teppanyaki is that it is basically just like any Benihana or any other Japanese cook at your table place in your area. La Cellar has some very good food. I guess I prefer La Cellar only because of the commoness of the Japanese places.

Do you get the same "entertainment" during lunch at Teppanyaki that you receive at dinner?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter