Le Cellier to Monsieur Paul......?

MarkinNM

NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!!
Ok gang, read plenty of reviews and all I keep hearing is Le Cellier is just not the same and has dropped off a bit, plus it is very expensive, SO also note that we have been there and have enjoyed it BUT Monsieur Paul has me wondering. Lots of great reviews and positive vibe and have never been, so I am contemplating switching, thoughts, your experiences?

I am not a fan of MP. It is probably my all time biggest Disney dining disappointment (say that three times fast!). I think LC is just ok, but I would always pick it over MP. The MP ambiance and decor is better than LC, but I prefer LC in all other respects

I've really enjoyed Monsieur Paul's the two times we did the French Family Dinner during Food & Wine. Food was wonderful, company at the table was delightful.

We've eaten at MP multiple times since it opened and it's really gone downhill, unfortunately. It used to have an exquisite menu with a variety of interesting choices and I was sad to see, on our visit last year, that the menu has been cropped down to very few choices. We had a very late seating there on our last visit (saw Illuminations from the window) and the seafood dish I ordered tasted like it had been precooked. It was terrible. We ate at Le Cellier on that trip as well and it was fine. IMHO, if you want good food that warrants the "signature" price, head out of EP via IG and eat at one of the EP restaurants - Flying Fish, Yachtsman or, if you aren't on the dining plan, bluezoo or Shula's. The food and service at those restaurants are far superior to what you'll find inside EP.

We finally ate at monsieur Paul several years ago. It was amazing. We were the first sitting, so we got lots of attention and the food was magnificent. We have Adr for our May trip. I preferred it to Flying Fish.

Le Cellier is one of the most inconsistent of the signature restaurants. It is no longer on our must list

I have been to Monsieur Paul several times and not once have I had anything but excellent food and service and have an ADR for our upcoming trip as well and looking forwrd to it. Le Cellier is one of my most disappointing experiences....... Anywhere. Cramped dining room, slow service, and a very average steak with something they called mushroom sauce and a rather disappointing risotto. 1st time I chalked it up to an off night. 2nd time there I left with the attitude, "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me." Not gonna happen for a third time.

Wow lots of varied mixed responses, both seem to be a miss and or hit, still on the fence with them both, with the DIS dining show the last review of Monsieur Paul, they RAVED about it, so it got my mind thinking. I did have Flying Fish booked and AK decided to toss me a curve ball with the "Circle of Flavors: Harambe at Night" and could NOT pass it up, sounds just like too much fun plus we get to spend more time in our fav park. so.....??

I join the chorus of those who would do neither MP or LC. The latter is very inconsistent, and you're generally packed in tight with many other diners. As for MP, like Foolish Mortal above, our worst dining experience at the World occurred at MP. I think your notion of the Circle of Flavors sounds like a lot more fun.

We tried Le Cellier for the first time in January...I'd been hesitant to book it for the same reasons, the reviews were pretty mixed, everyone said it wasn't worth it anymore, etc...

But we changed some plans around while on our trip, and decided to cancel a Shula's reservation because of timing. We subbed in a LC lunch b/c the guys still wanted steak. We were surprised by how good the food and service was, based on what I'd read. I also didn't think the tables were that close together, which is another complaint I hear, but maybe it was the room we were seated in?

My review from my TR is HERE
It's not my most thorough review, but there's pictures, lol. We all liked it enough to book again sometime.

I would just pick whichever menu appeals to you more. We've never done Monsieur Paul, but will eventually - our goal is to try everything at least once!

Have a great trip!!

We tried Le Cellier for the first time in January...I'd been hesitant to book it for the same reasons, the reviews were pretty mixed, everyone said it wasn't worth it anymore, etc...

My review from my TR is HERE
It's not my most thorough review, but there's pictures, lol. We all liked it enough to book again sometime.

I would just pick whichever menu appeals to you more. We've never done Monsieur Paul, but will eventually - our goal is to try everything at least once!

Have a great trip!!

Thanks for the review with pics!!

Food for thought...............:rotfl:

Anyhow, that is my thought as we have been to LC and did really enjoy it and have had MP on my radar for awhile so I was thinking why not give it a try but my feeling are mixed, still have plenty of time to decide as we go in Aug and getting a LC ADR is pretty easy since it is considered a signature meal and it seems to be on the expensive side.............

for us...its a Menu Play.
we consider who is with us for the trip and determine which menu will appease the group best.
grateful to say we have only had good experiences at both LC and MP.

I know Le Cellier gets bad reviews, but every time I've gone my food has been amazing. I loved it so much I had the beer cheese soup and filet served at my Disney wedding. My only complaint of the restaurant is how close the tables are to each other, they are practically on top of each other. But the service has always been excellent and the food delicious, I always recommend it. I've also been to Monsieur Paul. I liked that meal too, it was a lot quieter and upscale. All my food was good, but the waiter didn't seem to know anything about anything. Didn't really detract from the meal except when we asked for opinions on the menu and wine. We haven't been back since our one visit, I don't think my husband enjoyed it as much as I did, but I would go back one day.

I know Le Cellier gets bad reviews, but every time I've gone my food has been amazing....SNIP........

See there is my issue, I really enjoy LC so does my wife, never had an issue even with the close tables. But LOVE french food and have never been to MP it have caught my attention, just not sure......might be a week of the vacation decision .....???

See there is my issue, I really enjoy LC so does my wife, never had an issue even with the close tables. But LOVE french food and have never been to MP it have caught my attention, just not sure......might be a week of the vacation decision .....???
It's always good to try a new restaurant. Not enough time to do both?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter