le chefs de france suggestions...

beachesncream

Mouseketeer
any suggestions for what to order for lunch?

How are the burgers on brioche bun? I think that might only be on the kids menu but I usually do not have trouble ordering from the kids menu...

The Crepe is awesome. My furture in-laws also love the tomato and goat cheese tart as well. Isn't there also a bacon, carmelized onion and creme fraiche tart -- if that is on the menu, it also great.

We always get the French Menu at lunch. It comes with French onion soup, a large croque monsieur (grilled ham and cheese), side salad, and creme brulee, for $15. You can even share it, as it's too much for even FH with a large appetite to finish!

I second the French menu! It was great! I especially love the soup! I think Le Chefs De France is now my favorite place to eat!

Enjoy!

Jodi

I love the tuna sandwich with homemade potato chips. The sandwich is HUGE, so I always remove the top slice of bread, then eat the sandwich with a fork and knife. Now I'm hungry!
:love:

We ate there in September. DH had the toasted ham & cheese sandwich that comes with the French menu, and did not want to share it with me! I ordered the pain bagnat sandwich which was tuna and lots of vegetables on french bread. It was huge, and served with homemade potato chips. I could only eat half of it, and I was stuffed! It was big enough for even big eaters to share if you added an appetizer or dessert.

We haven't eaten there for lunch, but LCdF is the only restaurant inside the parks that we have dinner at every trip. It's also where we have our traditional CP package dinner. The escargot & duck are both delicious! YUM!!! DH usually tries a different entree each visit and he's never been disappointed. Can Dec. 24th get here any sooner. :hyper: The dinner isn't as reasonable, as the lunch appears to be, but you more than get your moneys worth. Bon Apetit! :)

Just a warning, if you aren't familar with or don't like French cheeses, the French Menu (Onion Soup, Grilled Ham and Cheese, and Cream Brulee) might not be for you. I've had French Onion Soup before, but not with such a strong cheese on top. I've also had grill ham and cheese, but usually with cheddar or jack cheese. I didn't really enjoy the stronger, almost sweeter, cheeses. I thought I would love the French Menu, but really didn't. Not that someone else wouldn't love it. I just wasn't expecting the different cheese taste to be such a turn off.

Shelly

What is the difference between the 'French menu' and the other menu? Is this a restuarant for not so adventurous eaters? What kind of offerings are on the kid's menu?

The "French menu" referred to here is a "prix fixe" luncheon special. We have ordered one serving of the luncheon special (French onion soup, ham and cheese sandwich, and creme brulee dessert) and a second order of the soup (it's too good to share). I think the soup by itself was $4.75 and the luncheon special was $14.95. This is plenty of food for two adults with average appetites at lunch.

There are a number of other choices at lunchtime as well, but this is a French restaurant, so everything has a certain French flair to it. The children's menu includes chicken strips (with pasta, not French fries :) ), hamburger on brioche bun (with French fries), and a fish filet (again with French fries). Kids meals include ice cream and soft drink. Excellent prices (under $6 for any one of these).

Ralph

We had lunch at Chef's for the first time in November. DW had the French Menu (14.99) & I ordered the ham & cheese quiche (10.00). The sandwich & creme brulee were good, the soup & quiche were outstanding. We enjoyed the atmosphere & our waiter, Frank, was very good. Very pleasant lunch.

Thanks for all your input. We've decided to do a late dinner at Chefs de France on our last night to end or trip with a bang.

Does anyone know if they would let you substitute a different soup for the french onion with the French menu? It sounds like a great lunch but I would rather try the bisque that's on their menu than the french onion.

Good to hear that you can share this meal as well! Thanks.

beachesncream said:
I am wondering if I should go for dinner instead... Not sure which would be better... any thoughts?

I think Les Chefs de France is much better for lunch than dinner. I think daylight really adds to the atmosphere of the room, plus I'm a huge fan of the French Menu that is served during lunch. The last time I was there for dinner it just didn't click, so I'm going to stick to luch from now on.

Melissa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter