Leave HS for better food (Ii Mulino) or stay in park?

If you haven’t been to HS in years, I think you should eat in the park. Leaving takes a ton of time. I think the QS in Batuu/ Galaxy’s Edge is fun to try. I really like DB7. While none of the non signature TS places are super special, they also serve decent enough food and provide a break from the heat. Now if you aren’t going to really wait in line for all the new rides, maybe it won’t be that long of a day for you and leaving mid day is okay, but lines at HS aren’t short!

Pros for il Mulino
  • I don't think the travel time to Il Mulino would be much of a burden; it's the first stop on the boat or about a 10-12 minute walk, depending on your pace.
  • The food is impeccable and service is top notch
Pros for staying inside DHS
  • Hollywood Brown Derby has an amazing Cobb salad and grapefruit cake
  • I wouldn't want to eat at Il Mulino after a day at the park without getting cleaned up first.
Depending when you go in "mid-August," the Food and Wine festival may have started. In that case, get a park-hopper ticket and eat around the world at Epcot.

Hey all! Hubby and I are headed down to the mouse for 4 days mid August to celebrate our 10 year anniversary (which was 2 years ago, lol). We are staying offsite but will be doing one day at HS while we are there. I'm trying to decide whether or not to leave the park to eat at Ii Mulino or Bluezoo, or stay and eat in the park? Looks like the park is open until 9pm, so we could either take a late afternoon break and return to the park or eat a late dinner. We are kinda foodies and have already eaten at every HS restaurant so would prefer to try something new but we also haven't been to HS in many years, so lots of new things to see and do. With only one day at the park, is it worth it to leave the park to eat at a better restaurant? Or would you not waste that precious park time and just eat in park? What would you do?

There are enough options in the park for that one day. You can go to Il Mulino another night perhaps. Sci Fi and Prime Time are fun environments. Hollywood Brown Derby is the nicest Restaurant in the park IMO. Mama Melrose’s is where we end up with the kids more than the others. I think they all would be good options to stay within the park.

Thanks everyone! I think hubby and I have actually decided on option 3 which is staying in the park and eating quick service for lunch and dinner! I know lines are gonna be nuts for everything and it’s been so long since I’ve been to HS that I don’t want to waste time leaving. Thanks for all of your opinions. Can’t wait!!

I guess the answer is “it depends on how important good food is to your vacation plans”. Disney restaurants are really overrated because they have such a captive and loyal audience, so I get the desire for something better. But honestly, that convenience is worth it if I’m at Disney. I know I’m paying premium prices for varying levels of dining but that’s okay.

I always have great plans to eat at new places but I usually end up eating near where I plan on being, either park or resort. I get sick of walking.

As its been quite a few years since you at HS, there are a lot of new attractions to see, if you choose.
I really like Il Mulino, it has never disappointed.
I think it really comes down to what is more important: attractions or dining.
The other option would be to move your meal to late, 8, 8:30 or 9 and do Il Mulino after leaving the park for the day.

I don’t think it’s worth the lost park time to leave and eat somewhere else, but I know food is a big focus of some people’s vacations so it depends on you. If food is really important, go for it and take the boat over to better food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter