Leaving soon

fantastic photos, really makes me want to go at xmas now!!

Great photos :)

On some the parks look empty - were you there really eary at MK? Also the castle ones are good - again where are all the people?

Great photos :)

On some the parks look empty - were you there really eary at MK? Also the castle ones are good - again where are all the people?

Hi Samantha.
Yes I got everyone up early every morning.
We got in for opening most days. The MK ones by the castle we were on the 1st monorail and we beat the boat across. Went in and took the horse drawn carriage to the castle, not many others around but soon filled up.
I have been to premier league football, top name concerts, England playing rugby at twickenham but I have never experienced crowds like Disney this Xmas. In my opinion very close to being dangerous. I didn't mind the ride lines too much as we got in early and got fastpasses, did what we wanted and can wait until next trip for others but what gets me is Food lines, Electric Umberella in Epcot took me 45-50 mins just for a burger.
One good thing was because the parks are heaving the resorts are quieter, this trip we wanted to go see a few for the decs, ate at Beach club, Beaches and cream only waited 5 mins for a table, in August we had to wait an hour.
Somwhere else we had not been before was Polly for a Dole whip, make your own much nicer surroundings than eating in the park and you can get twice as much when you do it yourself:)
At Seaworld we did Polar Express experience, They transform Wild Arctic. again there for opening so no line. Its amazing how they change the place, I don't care much for simulators but its great what they do there.

Hi Wayne

We went in early a few days - others we did other things and then went in later. One day we went to SeaWorld at 3pm - as it didn't close while 10 we still got to go on a few rides and see the fireworks on the lake :)

Like you we also looked round the resorts and went to Cape May on the 30th & then went onto the Boardwalk area for a stroll. We ended up hiring a boat for 1/2 hr & then playin Fantasia golf - so that was really nice & not too crowded.

Sounds like we all had a good time :thumbsup2

Like you we also looked round the resorts and went to Cape May on the 30th & then went onto the Boardwalk area for a stroll.

Was it evening meal you ate at Cape May?
We are considering it for August, DW won't eat anything out of the sea (except tinned tuna and haddock from chippy) not sure there will be enough for her. She doesn't like Boma but likes Trails end. We have free DDP for 16 nights at OKW so going to have to start deciding where we want.

Fantastic photos Wayne - love the Castle lit up no. 4 - that's an amazing photo.

Was it evening meal you ate at Cape May?
We are considering it for August, DW won't eat anything out of the sea (except tinned tuna and haddock from chippy) not sure there will be enough for her. She doesn't like Boma but likes Trails end. We have free DDP for 16 nights at OKW so going to have to start deciding where we want.

Went for breakfast - like your DW don't fancy the clam bake!

Enjoyed the Celebration tavern (but a bit pricey), also went to Angelina's (did you get) - but worst service ever!!

We did go to Citricos on Christmas night - a lovely meal - but it was a set menu for that day.

If you like fish & chips - we did go to Rose & Crown for the 1st time - and really enjoyed it. We were sat outside, had a lovely server who let us stay at our table to watch the illuminations (we sat down at 7.30!) and brought out fresh coffee too. A different way to see illuminations and very kind on the tired legs:)

It must be hard booking for 16 nights :scared1: - you get fed up of Disney food sometimes.

Brilliant photo's - you are a great photographer

Thank you, I love photography but just don't get time to use my camera properly, just tend to point and shoot, especially around Disney, better things to do with our time. Personally I was not impressed with many I took at Xmas, it was too busy, getting pushed around, too many people in shot etc. Been using Digital 6 years now already have 23,002 photos stored.:scared1:

Samantha, no not been to Angelina's. Only ever had a take away Pizza from Celebration, never eaten anywhere around there.
I never eat fish and chips abroad, we have the best in the world here in Yorkshire so when away I don't see point in even trying them. Karen fancies trying the Italian in Italy, Epcot but cast member friend says its not as good since new chef started, hopefully see upto date reviews before we book.
I shocked myself booking the free DDP for 16 nights as we know so many fantastic places offsite but could not resist the deal with the exchange rate as it is. Disney TS we have only ever eaten at Boma, Trails end and Beaches & Cream so this will give us chance to see if eating in Disney is worth the crazy prices they charge. It will be a different experience for us and actually looking forward to it now.

:

Samantha, no not been to Angelina's. Only ever had a take away Pizza from Celebration, never eaten anywhere around there.
I never eat fish and chips abroad, we have the best in the world here in Yorkshire so when away I don't see point in even trying them. Karen fancies trying the Italian in Italy, Epcot but cast member friend says its not as good since new chef started, hopefully see upto date reviews before we book.
I shocked myself booking the free DDP for 16 nights as we know so many fantastic places offsite but could not resist the deal with the exchange rate as it is. Disney TS we have only ever eaten at Boma, Trails end and Beaches & Cream so this will give us chance to see if eating in Disney is worth the crazy prices they charge. It will be a different experience for us and actually looking forward to it now.

You have got me thinking with that . . . we have never been on the dining plan as we like a few nights off site. But with the exchange rate as it is we may well be better paying for that with Virgin (it would have to be their price as our holiday is with them) rather than paying for meals with cash over there with money we have got at a bad exchange rate. You have just given me massive food for thought!!! I won't sleep now!!

You have got me thinking with that . . . we have never been on the dining plan as we like a few nights off site. But with the exchange rate as it is we may well be better paying for that with Virgin (it would have to be their price as our holiday is with them) rather than paying for meals with cash over there with money we have got at a bad exchange rate. You have just given me massive food for thought!!! I won't sleep now!!

It was an easy decision really for as we got 40% off at OKW and free DDP. We like offsite hotels and offsite dining but to stay in a budget hotel like Fairfield Inn in August its about £40/night (always paid £20-30) With the exchange as it is our daily food bill for offsite would average around £60+/day. Total for hotel and food over £100/day.
We got OKW for £91/night. and doesn't matter what happens with the exchange rate now. Although if it dramatically goes in our favour I might be tempted to cancel and go offsite again.

It was an easy decision really for as we got 40% off at OKW and free DDP. We like offsite hotels and offsite dining but to stay in a budget hotel like Fairfield Inn in August its about £40/night (always paid £20-30) With the exchange as it is our daily food bill for offsite would average around £60+/day. Total for hotel and food over £100/day.
We got OKW for £91/night. and doesn't matter what happens with the exchange rate now. Although if it dramatically goes in our favour I might be tempted to cancel and go offsite again.

I think with the exchange rate as it is it is worth booking the dining plan, even though I have to pay for it.

Oh God, in the space of 10 mins you have just changed my entire holiday!!!!!!!!!!!!:rotfl2:

OUTSTANDING pictures Wayne!!!!
wow - the decorations are so beautiful and you captured them so well!!!

but the crowds?!?!?!?!?!?!? crazy crazy....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter