• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

LeCellier Luck

can

Earning My Ears
Just came back from a "shorty" visit of four days at WDW last week. Had been trying since Feb. both online and via phone for dinner reservations to LeCellier with no luck. Once we checked in at POFQ even tried the concierge there and had no luck. Our first full day at WDW we visited Epcot and about 4:15 pm I decided we would just take a walk over there to see if there was any availability. For the first time I have ever seen, the restaurant had a podium stationed not right outside the restaurant, but where you would cross the bridge from the main street walking through World of Showcase. I asked if there happened to be any availability for a party of four and to our amazement we were not only told there was, but they could take us immediately! Had two very happy 18 year old girls as this is one of two of their favorite places when we come to visit. So, I guess my point is, to not give-up and above all, believe! It sure worked for us.

Congrats. We have been trying since 180 days out to get a le cellier for Oct 1.
I have tried from 12 noon to 8 P. M. for a party of four no luck.

I have been trying to get Ohana for 2 months. I did get 8:35 pm, but that is so late for us who normally eat at 5. It is so much good food.

I have been trying to get Ohana for 2 months. I did get 8:35 pm, but that is so late for us who normally eat at 5. It is so much good food.

We had a late reservation last year. DH and ds took out the sea racers at the POLY and were done around 4:45. We stopped by the Ohana Podium and they were able to seat us at 5:15.

Yes, it is strange how ya just never should give up. I have been playing around with the online site for a few weeks now trying to book. Nothing has been available. Yesterday I was trying to really lock in some adrs and I had again tried to get one made for LeCellier. My dd decided that she would be coming with us and asked for me to PLLLLease check again. Low and behold... got the ressie. I was shocked. :eek:

Guess it pays to not give up...

We have never been able to go to LeCellier. We hoped to go on our trip in September/October. No dice. We will be there for 10 days and they have no times available! I have been checking online everyday. Is it better to call? Do they just look at the same system that I would? I have a feeling that we are going to be out of luck.:mad:

I just got Le Cellier for 11/4 - DH and the kids have never gone, I went years ago with some girlfriends.

We have never been able to go to LeCellier. We hoped to go on our trip in September/October. No dice. We will be there for 10 days and they have no times available! I have been checking online everyday. Is it better to call? Do they just look at the same system that I would? I have a feeling that we are going to be out of luck.:mad:

On our late Oct. trip last year we went to see the Canada movie around 11:15 am and when we were coming out of the pavilion there was a CM standing outside LeCellier telling people that there were available seats if anyone was interested. We declined, walked over to Biergarten in Germany and was seated (without ADR) within 15 minutes. If you don't have any luck, try walking up for a lunch reservation...it doesn't hurt to try!

it doesn't hurt to try!

I hear this from a bunch of people. The worst part is; I'm going make other reservations to another place. If I can get into Le Cellier I'm going to ditch the other restaurant. If the place that I made an adr for books up, now they will have a spot. This must be a huge chain that goes on everyday. Is it wrong to ditch an adr after having to for 4 months?

I hear this from a bunch of people. The worst part is; I'm going make other reservations to another place. If I can get into Le Cellier I'm going to ditch the other restaurant. If the place that I made an adr for books up, now they will have a spot. This must be a huge chain that goes on everyday. Is it wrong to ditch an adr after having to for 4 months?
We make reservations way in advance . Last year we were @ WDW for 15 nights and had lots of adrs we could not make or changed our minds (Deluxe dining... never again...). I went to guest services at the park, resort or DTD and cancelled them. I usually print out my daily adrs, time, confirmation # and our name.
Last year we a had a Le Cellier for 7:00P.M. At 5:30 P.M my family decided they wanted to leave Epcot and go back to the resort so I simply walked into Guest services at the Park when leaving and announced that I had a Le cel for 4 people at 7 P.M. any takers. A lady rushed up as happy as could be and I handed her my printed reservation.
If we can't make an ADR or running late I always call the restaurant or contact guest services or the concierge so they open up the reservation for someone else.

I have been trying to make reservations too, we are going in August, and our Epcot day will be on a Saturday because we want to see Illuminations. Just about all of the restaurants have NO availability for dinner. I am really disappointed as it's the first visit ever for my parents and my 5 year old daughter. I have only eaten at the Hibachi in Japan and even that was not available. At least I know that on that day we can go by and see if they got any no shows or last minute cancellations. We have a reservation for breakfast at the story book princess dining in Norway, so we can check on the rest of the day fairly early. I am still holding out hope for getting into LeCellier!

Don't give up. One year we were in a similar situation, We went to guest services at Epcot and they were able to get us a reservation for a table for five.
I told the cast member we only had 3 people in our party. The CM said they had no tables available for 3 but they would have no problem seating us at a table for 5. LOL
Don't give up just keep checking. I am sure something will open up.
I am a strong believer in Karma.... Sprinkle some fairy dust and the breeze always blows some back at you.:tink:

We had the same thing happened for our short trip back in March. We are at Epcot on a Saturday night and figured we would give it a try (figure it was a long shot since it was 6pm - prime dinner time). We walked over and asked and they said yes just wait 20 minutes. About 10 minutes later we were seated. We couldn't believe it. Once again, never hurts to try and keep trying.

I have been trying for a dinner reservation for our Oct/Nov trip, but have not had any success. I will keep trying and I am willing to change around other ressies to accomadate Le Cellier. I will keep trying, but those reservations are hard to get!!

I have been trying unsuccessfully to get Le Cellier since the first day free dining was opened to Disney Visa holders. I go to the website every day, usually multiple times a day :laughing:, and plug in all my dates and try every hour block. Finally just today I was able to book TWO reservations - one for 8/26 at 4:10 and one for 8/27 at 7:10. :banana:

So keep trying! Something might open up yet!

Thanks! I will definitely keep trying - I am not going to book anything else for that night, I figure we could always leave Epcot and eat somewhere else and come back for Illuminations, but I will certainly check on that day and see if anything opened up! I'm keeping optomistic, it would be nice to get in there, but certainly wouldn't put a damper on the trip in any way if we can't!

I must've just gotten lucky...or maybe it IS karma! I had no problem getting ADRs for LeCellier for DH and I about 70 days out.

I must've just gotten lucky...or maybe it IS karma! I had no problem getting ADRs for LeCellier for DH and I about 70 days out.

Karma? I don't quite understand how karma comes into play here. :confused:

"According to karma, performing positive actions results in a good condition in one's experience, whereas a negative action results in a bad effect." - Wikipedia

So if you think it was Karma, does that mean you feel if a person can't get an ADR for LeCellier, it is the result of a negative action on their part? :confused3

That sounds like a pretty big assumption to me... :rolleyes:

So if you think it was Karma, does that mean you feel if a person can't get an ADR for LeCellier, it is the result of a negative action on their part? :confused3

No, but now that you mention it, I do lots of good things....!

Actually, Karma was mentioned on another dining thread...as in "must've been good luck or karma that we got into this restaurant".

I actually don't take any of this THAT seriously...just excited for WDW and especially for our little girl who's never been!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter