LeCellier or Teppen Edo with Kids????

childressva01

Mouseketeer
4 adults and 5 kids between 3 and 7 . . . how long does each take? Pros/Cons would be much appreciated!!!

We ate both places on our last trip with our kids (ages 9 and 5).

I think you'd have to be seated at two tables at Teppan Edo since each grill only seats 8. They also asked us to seat our children at the corners (there's a maximum of 4 corner seats per table.)

My kids really enjoyed both places. (Well, actually, my DD picked Teppan Edo to throw a little fit :rolleyes: but otherwise she enjoyed it.) Teppan Edo is a lot of fun and you get to watch the chef prepare the meal in front of you. My kids enjoyed their food, which was very similar to the adult meal, but were disappointed in their "dessert." It was a jello cup, just like you'd pack in a school lunchbox!

I wasn't sure they'd like LeCellier but both kids did. The kids menu had lots of choices and the server told them they could get milkshakes as their "beverage" if they wanted it. They both loved that. They both got a fresh fruit salad as their dessert and shared our adult desserts (which were good.)

We ate both places on our last trip with our kids (ages 9 and 5).

I think you'd have to be seated at two tables at Teppan Edo since each grill only seats 8. They also asked us to seat our children at the corners (there's a maximum of 4 corner seats per table.)

My kids really enjoyed both places. (Well, actually, my DD picked Teppan Edo to throw a little fit :rolleyes: but otherwise she enjoyed it.) Teppan Edo is a lot of fun and you get to watch the chef prepare the meal in front of you. My kids enjoyed their food, which was very similar to the adult meal, but were disappointed in their "dessert." It was a jello cup, just like you'd pack in a school lunchbox!

I wasn't sure they'd like LeCellier but both kids did. The kids menu had lots of choices and the server told them they could get milkshakes as their "beverage" if they wanted it. They both loved that. They both got a fresh fruit salad as their dessert and shared our adult desserts (which were good.)

Is there no way to squeeze 9 at a table at the grills? It would only be fun if we could all be at the same grill. How strict are they on this?

Would we have the same problem at Lecellier?

How about time - does one take a lot longer than the other? My kids won't fare to well on a 3-hour dinner. :goodvibes

Is there no way to squeeze 9 at a table at the grills?

I don't know. The tables are "pre-set" for 8 people when you're seated, and there's not a lot of extra room. I don't know what they'd do if you specifically asked if you could squeeze another person in. Also, they wanted my son (9yo) at a corner seat. There are only 4 corners per table, and you're going to have 5 kids who are all younger than my son. I would assume they'd make you split up -- maybe 4 and 5?

While we were eating, another family came in to eat at another grill in our area. They made them split, but I don't know *exactly* how many people they had.

I know it can be hard to get a large table at LeCellier, too... but it is more of a traditional restaurant where they might be able to push tables together, etc.

For us, I think each meal took about 1-1/2 hours from start to finish. Teppan Edo might have been *slightly* faster, but not a big difference.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter