Leger Does It Again!!!!!

NIK

<font color=deeppink>Compulsive planner<font color
You may remember I posted a gripe about Leger holidays cancelling my Disney holiday through, they claimed, lack of bookings.

Reluctantly I accepted a later trip - right in the middle of the half term hols I later discovered - and was assured not once, but several times, that other than the dates the trip was exactly the same in terms of hotel, channel crossing etc. I particularly booked for a ferry crossing - I have arthritis and need the break from sitting on a coach like a battery hen! I asked several times before accepting the alternative to ensure that this did mean that I would be getting a ferry crossing and was assured I would be floating across the channel.

Went to get the tickets - you've guessed it , I'm off on Eurostar! I was horrified. It means hours and hours sitting on the coach! Iwon't be fit to walk by the time we get there.

The travel agent was equally horrified and rang straight through to Leger but they really couldn't have cared less. She was appalled by their rudeness.

Trouble is if I cancel, I'll lose all the money and despite it all I still want to go. Some of these holiday companies are real *** I can't use the word I want to, children might be looking!

I've emailed and have a letter ready to send to their customer services but I doubt anything will come of it. Leger obviously don't have customer service as a 'core value'.

Did you pay using a Credit Card?

If you so threaten to cancel the payment and arange a chargeback with the bank.

They have changed the arrangements and its not what you paid for.

Once you contact the card company the bank then deals with the company and they will sort them out.

I'm really sorry to hear all about your problems with Leger. :( Hope you can get something sorted, so that you can look forward to your holiday. :hug:

Nik, so sorry to read this. Leger really have turned out to be the pits, haven't they.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you can get something sorted for next week:)

Elaine

Nik,

I am so sorry to hear this :( especially after the problems you had with them in the first place!

If you paid by CC I would go down the chargeback route. If not, perhaps contact CAB and see what advice they offer, as the product they have offered you is materially not what they sold you (though they may have covered themselves in the small print). Due to your arthritis, could you throw the DDA at them? That might be enough to make them rethink.

I very much hope you manage to sort this out. Pixie Dust to you :wizard: :wizard:

Karen

Thanks for your kind words guys!

Late on Friday night I had a telephone call from my Travel Agent - apparently Leger rang them having received my email and apparently I have made 'numerous' complaints - cheeky beggars! They graciously offered my money back but would not really allow me to think about it.

I've been looking forward to this holiday since January when I booked it and I REALLY want to go to DLP. I have changed my leave date already and although my employer is usually pretty good leave is hard to come by at this time of year. Added to which I can't imagine I'd find another coach company for Sunday at this short notice.

So I'm still going - doped to the eyeballs on industrial strength painkillers. LOVERLY!

I will NOT be travelling with Leger again. What annoys me is the attitude. It was, I am sure, a mistake rather than a deliberate act but their behaviour has been appalling.

If I am going to visit DLP in the future I'll have to look for another travel company, hopefully one who is capable of remembering that the paying customer does have some rights.

I'll let you know how it goes.

SO sorry to hear of all your bad luck Nik. But do have a great time anyway - I know you will. At least you've slightly avenged yourself on Leger as I don't think many people who've followed your messages will travel with Leger in future!! Hope you find a more reliable travel firm in future. Have fun!!!:sunny:

'm not normally a vindicitive complainer but this really got my goat!

I do understand that mistakes can be made [80% of people on the road are caused by accidents LOL] It's their attitude to their mistake that's annoyed me. They did make a GENEROUS offer to give me my money back - with a 'hurry up and make up your mind' caveat. I decided that I wanted the holiday - having booked it in January I have been really looking forward.

Still, have to find another coach company doing a similar tour if I'm going to go again. It's much easier when travelling on your own to go by coach, I've found.

My first post, so sorry if I don't pick up all of this thread :D

Hopefully the Orangemen at DLRP will make up for it all:wave:

Look forward to your trip report, as I have been busy reading others.

BTW it was the mention in Simon Verness's Disneyland Resort Paris book that I found this forum.

Regards
Reid

Finally managed to find time to get back on the boards after my return. I'm working on my trip report but as it's turning out to be longer than War and Peace, I am still editing. I'll get it posted as soon as I can.

Had a great time in the parks, however I would not recommend going at half term. The place was HEAVING:jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1:

Sadly my concerns about travelling via the tunnel were somewhat justified. I could hardly walk when I got there and have suffered terribly with the arthritis since I got back. Not a mode of travel I would opt for again. :(

Apart from that, the park was great, spent far too much money :faint: :faint: , took so many pictures it cost nearly £40 to have em all printed :faint: :faint: but all in all, had a terrific time so it was worth the aches and pains.

No idea when/if I'll get back there again but intend to do my best.

Will post my report as soon as I can

:love: :love: :love:

So glad to hear it was worth it in the end and you had a great time! Looking forward to hearing all about it!!

Glad the end justified the means :D

Look forward to your trip report, when you have caught up.

Regards
Reid :jester:

Sorry to hear about your suffering:( but glad that you had such a great time.

Look forward to reading your trip report!:)

Elaine

Sorry to hear your trip over there was as you thought it would be :( You have my full sympathy for how busy it is there at half term as I went this year in Feb half term and it was heaving!

I would love to hear all about it when you are sorted, and to see any piccys you can share :) :)

Really glad to hear you had a great time, despite all the setbacks. Looking forward to hearing all about it. :D

Sorry for your troubles:( , but glad you had a good time:D :cool: I'm anxiously waiting to read the details :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter