Legoland NY vs FL

pinkxray

DIS Veteran
We are starting to plan our trip for next Dec.(dvc so booking at 11 months) We are going to head to Orlando for all things Christmas that don’t include Disney parks. Seaworld, Universal, and lots of resort time.
We have never been to Legoland and wondering if we should try the one in FL during that trip or make the drive from CT to NY next summer?

We will probably do 3 days Boardwalk, 3 days Animal Kingdom lodge(or Saratoga if I can’t book AKV) That leaves us will 3 nights to either venture off to Legoland or we will book 3 days in a cabin at Fort Wilderness to try all the activities there.
Kids are 5 and 7. If we don’t do Legoland FL next Dec. we will try NY this coming summer.

Legoland NY was NOT worth it. Maybe with the younger kids but we went this summer with our 9-year-olds and the only rides the really liked were the dragon roller coaster and ninjago, everything else was for younger kids I think. It was extremely crowded, the lines were long and it was SUCH a disappointment.

So much stress over parking, fees, crowds. Who needs all those headaches? I can show you an abandoned parking lot with REAL bricks, and the kids can build some affordable office spaces and low-rent apartments. However it's got to be within state regulations, and they will have to join a union.

I'm going to piggy-back. Has anyone been to Legoland (FL) when it's relatively chilly. Early forecast for our day there has a high of 58. I've been to a theme park before (Six Flags Chicago) when it was pretty chilly (less than this, I think) and it was miserable. Should we plan to skip it that day or is it still doable?

We just went to Legoland FL this past Monday and it was cold. As long as you have a warm jacket, gloves, hat, etc. you should be okay. The worst was the pirate show because it takes place on the water and it was very windy which made it really cold. We tried to stay in the sun most of the day where it was warmer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter