Legoland- Should we go?

Katieplus4

Earning My Ears
we will be taking a trip in Mid June to the Anaheim/San Diego area- should we make plans to go to Legoland? We will go to Disneyland and have been other times, but this would be the last year that i think my kids will be interested.
Ages 10,9,8 and 6. :rotfl: The eight and six years olds are boys who love all things LEGO. Any info would be great thanks.

Absolutely! The boys are the perfect ages and they will love it. I took my 8 yr old DS, 5 yr old DD and 2 yr old in March and it was wonderful for their ages for these reasons:
-more rides that were age appropriate than DL
-shorter lines (dependent on time of yr of course)
-smaller park so less walking over all which is good for the younger ones
-lots of interactive things
-you can take lego breaks along the way ;)

I seriously wish we had taken 2 days there instead of 1 and taken 1 day less at DL. It was just an easier park to manage and the kids really loved the rides-especially the 3 roller coasters.

I think the older 2 will still have fun but there won't be as many "thrill" rides for them if they like those.

Definitely take a whole day there-we were there from 11-5pm (when they closed)and we didn't see any shows. Another few hours would be have been great.

We used to go to Legoland a few times a year. My boys LOVE it. We moved from CA to NC 2 years ago and they still talk about it all the time and ask if we can go back.

YES, go!

Dawn

My 8 1/2 year old still likes it better than DL. It is a must do for the lego fanatic.

We have only been once, but loved it. The car "ride" beat the heck out of the Tommorowland Speedway because they weren't on a track! My kids loved all aspects of the park. Also less crowded than DL. DD11 was enamored with the cityscapes, and I hear they are building a new one.

:cool1: Thanks guys i guess it will be part of the big trip. (i secretly love Legos-always have) I'm sure we'll have a great time.

We are just back from our So Cal trip. We went to SD Zoo, SeaWorld, Legoland, and DL (plus Hollywood, beach, etc). My DS 9 says his favorite out of all of them was Legoland. And he truly enjoyed everything else, so I would take that as a yes! And the Volvo driving school was a HUGE hit with him. :thumbsup2 I should also add though that he is NOT an adventure/thrill ride lover, so maybe that is why it was more his speed. FYI - i bought tickets through getawaytoday.com and saved a bunch of money! ;)

Absolutely yes! We have been there 4 times (from NJ) and same as the other posters..my kids ALWAYS had Legoland #1 on their list when we started planning to go to California. My boys were 11 and 9 last year the last time we went..and still very into it. The driving ride allows them to get little Legoland licenses..really fun!

yes, you should definitely go! We just went last week and our kids are almost 3 and 1. It was a bit over the top of my youngest's head, but my 3 year old loved it. I will probably wait a couple of years until we go back, though, as it's definitely geared MOSTLY towards the 5-9 age group. That is, most of the rides have minimum height and/or age requirements, so the very young cannot enjoy it fully.

I think your kids are at the best ages to go, so you should definitely plan on a good time.

A couple things:

-go on a weekday

-arrive BY park opening. If you are staying at DLR, leave by 9am. You will arrive right at 10am.

-the park has short hours and is NOT open 7 days/week. be sure to check www.legoland.com for current park hours.

-Legoland CLOSES when it's raining. Unlike most other parks, it can close at the last minute due to bad weather. Be sure to plan on going on a day where there is no chance of rain.

-the tickets are EXPENSIVE. Try to get them through a discounted source if at all possible. I know with AAA you can get a 15% discount at the ticket window, but there are deeper discounts if you look for them. I think the adult ticket price, at $57 is especially ridiculous, considering adults cannot even go on many of the rides.

-the park is MORE crowded in the first few hours and then as the day goes on, the lines become non existent. This is due to the large number of local parents who bring their preschoolers and toddlers for the morning and then leave around 1pm. Skip all the stuff in the front areas of the park and head back to that stuff after lunch.

-there is a new area that is water themed. It's called Pirate Shores or something like that. Bring bathing suits/water shoes for all your kids, along with towels and sunscreen! This place has some wet rides as well as full on water slides and water jet play areas. You CANNOT enter this area and leave dry, no matter how hard you try. There are lockers you can use at the front of the park to store your stuff until you need it. This area is in the back of the park.

-Make sure you check out the new Las Vegas model in Miniland. It's really cool!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter