Legoland??

disneyfreak75 said:
DH really likes his lego. is it worth going to??

If he's REALLY into Legos, then go. DH and I went to Legoland pre-kids when it first opened and had a nice time. As long as adults go with the mindset that most of the rides are geared towards children ages 2-13ish, then you won't be disappointed. DH and I especially enjoyed Miniland USA and the Imagination Zone areas. There will a lot of things for the both of you to see. :)

Have a great time.

I think it's really neat to see what's been done in Miniland with actual Legos, but like I told someone else who asked that very question, It's an awful lot of money to pay to ride kids' rides.

We may be going in August when we are in San Diego for a week. My son loves Legos so this is at the top of his list of things he wants to do!

Which day is better to go on the weekends? Saturday and Sunday are the only two days open for us while we are there. I have read on some forums it is not as busy on the weekends because the teenagers do not go there. Is that true? We are going because we are travelling from far away and the kids will not have the opportunity again for some time but they all seem thrilled to go!

I've never been to Legoland on the weekends but I can imagine long waits. It's takes them forever to load the rides.

they close at 5pm! kick you out by 6pm. go early to get your moneys worth. buy passes at costco outside of the SD area. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the link. It was all very helpful. I went on the legoland website and saw that it stated specific ages. I'll head pp comment that it is a lot to spend for so little.

Thanks everyone for your help. Think we'll pass this time...at least until we are able to return with little 'uns.

We went to LL on our last trip and had a great time! Miniland was awesome! If you go for the rides, well...just remember the rides are primarily for the kids so I can't imagine that they would be much fun for adults. However, the park itself was alot of fun. If you go, go with the mindset that it's not Universal or Disney and doesn't specialize in 'thrills' but it is a fun time for Lego maniacs. (which we happen to be! :))

Hi, all!
We loved our trip to Legoland last summer so much that my kids begged to go back again this Spring Break during our vacation to DLR.
It's an awesome park for younger kids - I'd say any older than 11 (my DS11 had a great time) might be bored.
They do take a long time loading the rides as the park gets crowded, so on our second trip, we knew to head counter-clockwise to the "bigger kid" rides to save us some waiting later in the day.
They do have one ride, Knights Tournament, that could be considered a "thrill ride," since you get to pick your level.
I'm a coaster/thrill ride junkie and was very confident going in and picking Level 5, the highest level.
Needless to say, I was dizzy and out of sorts for about 30 minutes after that ride!
Legoland may not be for you if you don't have kids or if your kids are older.
We really enjoyed ourselves ...
I did plenty of research ahead of time and knew what exactly what kinds of rides and shows they had.
If you don't go in expecting a Disney theme park, you won't be disappointed.
We bought most of our tickets on eBay, but my DS11 is a member of the Lego Brickmaster Club, so we had already received his ticket for free.
Oh ... and Legoland has one thing that DLR or WDW doesn't - Granny's Apple Fries (mmm ... I could go for some of those now!).
Happy planning!
Rose :)

LEGOLAND Buy (1) Adult ticket get (1) child ticket FREE - $25

------------------------------
If you want to get another one so in other words you would
Buy (1) Adult ticket $53 get (1) child ticket $43 FREE
Buy (1) Adult ticket $53 get (1) child ticket $43 FREE
I would sell as package price of $43 so you would save $43 dollars still

These are good at LEGOLAND CALIFORNIA ONLY!
These coupons are valid through December 31, 2006

:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter