'Let us see what Squirt does, flying solo' UPDATE! Cafe Mickey

Neeny17

Mouseketeer
Hi :wave2: I'm Nina a 19 year old learning support assistant. Some of you may remember me from such trips as 'Oh My God We Actually Went' and 'The Most Action Packed Trip Ever'. If thats the case, then welcome back!If not, then just welcome!

Stuff about the trip:

When? July 30th - August 2nd
How? By coach!
Who? Well, just me actually.
Where? A day in Paris followed by a day in Disneylannd

How did this come about? You may ask. Well, the last time I travelled to Disneyland Paris (New Years Eve before last), me and my friend used a coach company called Coach Innovations. I thought that that trip would be my last to DLRP for a while because I wasn't sure how things would be job wise. Then I got a job at a local primary school which pays pretty well considering I still live at home. Then the 20th Anniversary stuff started popping up. Then trip dates started appearing on Coach Innovations page. I realised that I could afford to go! :cheer2: My one dilemma was: who will come with me?? Well, my mum can't justify affording to go (if you get my drift), my dad really doesn't 'get' Disney and then it turns out all of my friends are either broke or busy. On all of the dates. Cue heartbreak and despair. :sad:
Then I started thinking :scratchin haven't quite a few other people on here had solo trips and loved them?? I mean, once I'm on the coach I won't even technically be 'alone' soooooo....After a lot of talking with my parents (who pointed out that they couldn't really say no seeing as I'm an adult) I decided to go!

So this is the plan:
Day 0: My parents will drop me off at London Victoria at 11:30pm so I can catch the coach. The coach will then drive down to dover where we will catch the ferry to France.

Day 1:Around mid morning the coach will arrive ion Paris where you are free to do your own thing or pay an extra £12 to take a coach tour and a boat ride on the Seine. I will be taking the tours. At around 4pm the coach will take us to the hotel for the night.

Day 2: In the morning the coach will take us to Disneyland! We will be arriving at about 10am and staying until closing. At closing, the coach will take us back (via ferry).

Day 3: Sometime in the morning, I will be dropped off at London Victoria and will take the train home!

So, what do you think? I just have one question (for now): if you ask nicely, will CMs take your picture with characters, in front of the castle etc?

Thanks! Nina x

Yay! So glad you decided to go for it, and it sounds so perfect for your first solo trip with the organised trip in Paris a fab idea as it means no worrying about being on your own etc. :)

You will have a wonderful time, and yes CM's will take your photo if you ask them, or other guests for that matter - we have taken photos for families and solo visitors in the past!

Enjoy your planning! Have you thought about what you want to do in the park? Are you thinking about doing a character meal?

Yay! So glad you decided to go for it, and it sounds so perfect for your first solo trip with the organised trip in Paris a fab idea as it means no worrying about being on your own etc. :)

You will have a wonderful time, and yes CM's will take your photo if you ask them, or other guests for that matter - we have taken photos for families and solo visitors in the past!

Enjoy your planning! Have you thought about what you want to do in the park? Are you thinking about doing a character meal?

Thanks! Thats why I'm so ok with going alone. Thats good; i'd quite like some evidence that I was actually there you know? :rotfl: I hadn't thought about a character meal actually, mostly because (and this is reeeeally embarrassing) I have a phobia of the fur characters :blush: Its a lot better than it was but I still don't know how comfortable I'd be sitting in a restaurant full of them. I like to have an escape if it gets too much. I've thought about the rides I want to go on. Also, I've figured out that I'd like to eat in the Earl of Sandwich and Hakuna Matata.

Sounds like a fantastic trip you've got planned :goodvibes

I think an organised trip like this sounds great - you'll get to see everything without worrying about how to get everywhere.

Look forward to hearing more :)

Guess what?! My Danna (grandad) was on the phone just now and said he barely slept last night worrying about me going on my own and he wants to PAY FOR MY MUM TO COME WITH ME!!! YAY! :hyper:

Guess what?! My Danna (grandad) was on the phone just now and said he barely slept last night worrying about me going on my own and he wants to PAY FOR MY MUM TO COME WITH ME!!! YAY! :hyper:

:cool1: That's FAB!!!

I know right? :lovestruc

I would love to take my mam to DLP - especially with DD - she is a huge Disney fan and has never been! I am hoping she somehow manages to get to California with us in 2014! Hopefully I will win the lottery!

Hi there, how is everyone? Enjoying the nice weather? I realised that I never posted pictures of us! I know, how remiss of me! So, here we are:

312951_269910006371660_100000579890767_1025416_5574911_n.jpg

This was taken at Universal Studios after the Beetlejuice show.

042.jpg

This is mum in Downtown Disney Florida with one of those chocolate covered pretzels.

DSCF0665.jpg

This is me with The Lorax at MCM Expo.

Hope you have a great trip and glad you will now have your mum with you for company.

Hope you have a great trip and glad you will now have your mum with you for company.
Thanks, me too. She's really excited too! She even agreed to let me make a plan of attack! Well, as long as I factor in coffee breaks ;)

Just had to put out a little excited 'yay!'. Because: it is only 1 month until we go! Hooray!

Bad news today I'm afraid. The coach company rang up to say that they had a party of 25 drop out of the trip on the day we go so they're having to cancel it. The only one day trip that they have left is during another holiday that we're taking. They have a 2 day Disneyland one that we can go on but it all depends on whether my dad can change the time he booked off to be with my brother. Also the 2 day one is more expensive, but when I mentioned this to mum she went: "They're not ****** charging us extra!". I'm cross and I want to cry :sad:

Oh, sorry to hear this. What a pain.

If they were to refund you in full, would you be able to arrange a day trip yourselves by Eurostar? You maybe wouldn't get all the Paris stuff done, but the train gets you directly to DLP, so there would be no worry about getting there etc.

Hope you manage to sort something out :)

Oh, sorry to hear this. What a pain.

If they were to refund you in full, would you be able to arrange a day trip yourselves by Eurostar? You maybe wouldn't get all the Paris stuff done, but the train gets you directly to DLP, so there would be no worry about getting there etc.

Hope you manage to sort something out :)

Thanks, that was a good idea :) However, we DID rebook for the other trip they offered which goes on 2nd August, has a day in Paris and then TWO days in Disneyland Paris! My mum said she sorted it all and we will go whether dad can get time off or not because Callum will only be on his own for Friday and Monday morning. Woohoo!

So today we rang up and booked a table at Cafe Mickey for the Sunday (5th) at 6:15. It was quite funny: my mun rang up and selected the 'if you speak english' option and then this lady answered and spoke French! Mum was like "Er...parlais vous anglais?" and she said that there was this pause and she thought 'oh god. she hasn't understood me even though I spoke French!' Luckily though, the lady replied "of course madame how can I help you?" Mum was so relieved. Also, we've booked the train tickets to London and sorted out travel insurance so apart from buying euros we are all ready! Tomorrow I will be tuning in for an SDD!

It sounds like a great trip, you got planned... I'm going with my mum as well in August, so I'll stick around to read how yours are going :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter