Lets just be Friends

low-key

14001, 60056, 224
Almost every relationship ends with them words being spoken. Has that ever happen to you , rather it was you or them that ended it ?

No, its hard to take that step back , but I guess it could be done

I think you can be friends if the break up is amicable and mutual. Some people come to the realization together that they’d be better off as friends.

But if you’re blindsided by a break up and you still love the person. No. Don’t be their friend. Cut your losses and don’t look back.

I'm friends with my ex-husband.

As for dating before I got married, no, the few relationships that ended were clean breaks.
I think you can be friends if the break up is amicable and mutual. Some people come to the realization together that they’d be better off as friends.

But if you’re blindsided by a break up and you still love the person. No. Don’t be their friend. Cut your losses and don’t look back.

The thing is, despite what anyone sas, wants a relationship becomes physical, everlasting changes forever

A lot of the guys in my life I’m no longer in contact with but I can’t think of any relationships where we’re no longer friends 👬 or at least civil with each other.

Yes you can still be friendly with an ex. Meaning you say hi and ask how they are doing if you run into them.

To me being FRIENDS with someone means you see each other socially and talk regularly. This I don't think is possible.

I'm friends with my ex-husband.

As for dating before I got married, no, the few relationships that ended were clean breaks.
I had two steady boyfriends between husbands. I broke up with both of them, and didn't have the slightest desire to maintain any kind of relationship. Same with my first husband (we had no children). I've never again seen or heard from any of them and that's just the way I wanted it.

Was on the receiving end of that with my first relationship while in college.

I was the giver of that comment to someone else.

I'm still friends with a lot of my exes and I've been with my husband for 23 years so those are some pretty lasting friendships. I think it's different with gay guys though.

I'm still friends with two of my exes. They're good guys and I like to check up on them. Plus they have excellent taste in movies and music so I can pry for opinions. That said, in both of those relationships I was dumped. No line used. We chilled out then reconnected later to chat after our lives were more together.

The third though... that's the one I had to use the line on. Had just been dumped by one of the aforementioned boyfriends, and he swooped in from my friend circle while I was still kinda messed up. I wish someone had pulled me aside and been like "Look, you're getting over a breakup and you can do better. He's being kinda predatory." Granted I wised up after two months once my head cleared, used the 'Hope we can still be friends' because I did have genuine hope. Nope. tried hanging out with him and the rest of my friends after I started dating the man that is now my hubby. The third time I got snide comments from him about who I was dating I cut ties and good riddance. That was twelve years ago.

I'm not going to say it can't happen under certain circumstances, but it is difficult. I tried it once and thought we could be friends - but the things I found out afterward, well I wouldn't have wanted to be her friend anyway and am not.

I'm still friends with a lot of my exes and I've been with my husband for 23 years so those are some pretty lasting friendships. I think it's different with gay guys though.
Now I am curious, why do you think it is different for gay men?

I got married when I was 21 and still in college. I had a handful of 1st dates that were also last dates and I am friends with *zero* of those guys. I had 2 other boy friends (aside from my husband) and I am still friends with one of them. No clue where the other one is...

The "still friends" guy married my husband's sister, so he is my brother-in-law. I do think we could have gotten married, we are very similar. The universe saved us b/c we are both the kind of person that vomits when anyone in our presence vomits. We would have never made it with kids. My DH has handled 110% of all vomit situations at our house. God bless him! :love2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter