Let's plan Together! Jan 2009

That leaves us one day for the parks, on a busy 3 day weekend. My original plan was to start at DHS (EMH, opening at 8 AM) and head back to the hotel early afternoon for a pool/rest break, and then head to the MK for the afternoon/evening/night (open to 11 PM!).
DS11 objected to my plan and is insisting that we also visit DAK. Sooo, I'm now thinking of DHS, then straight to DAK, then to the hotel for a shorter break and then to MK.

The Desperate Mousewife is a great trooper at the parks, but she'll probably only want to do two parks in one day; DS7 may or may not be in the same boat. If so, we can all split up accordingly.

So, how realistic / crazy is it to attempt three parks in a day over a busy weekend? Granted, we have a maximum of 15 hours of parktime at our disposal!

Well that is a pretty aggressive plan, especially considering that AK most likely will close at 5:00? It can be done, but it will be really tight, and you may only be able to do a few key attractions. Also, will you have a car or will you rely on Disney transportation as that will cut into your touring time. Let's see if you arrive to DHS by 7:30 (30 minutes before EMH) so that you are in prime rope postion by 8:00 or you could get in a few minutes in advance you might be able to stay there till 12:00:noon, plan 45 minutes for bus to AK, arrive 12:45 grab a quick bit to eat, stay there till 5:00, then plan 1 hour bus travel to MK, grab a quick dinner then stay there till 11:00 close. Plan another 1 to get back to your room after closing. Yes, it can be done, but just pick a few highlights in advance and have a "touring" plan to maximize your time. You will be thoughourly exhausted by 12:00 midnight - but it could be done. Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

Well that is a pretty aggressive plan, especially considering that AK most likely will close at 5:00? It can be done, but it will be really tight, and you may only be able to do a few key attractions. Also, will you have a car or will you rely on Disney transportation as that will cut into your touring time. Let's see if you arrive to DHS by 7:30 (30 minutes before EMH) so that you are in prime rope postion by 8:00 or you could get in a few minutes in advance you might be able to stay there till 12:00:noon, plan 45 minutes for bus to AK, arrive 12:45 grab a quick bit to eat, stay there till 5:00, then plan 1 hour bus travel to MK, grab a quick dinner then stay there till 11:00 close. Plan another 1 to get back to your room after closing. Yes, it can be done, but just pick a few highlights in advance and have a "touring" plan to maximize your time. You will be thoughourly exhausted by 12:00 midnight - but it could be done. Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

Thanks for the comments. Yeah, I know it's pretty ambitious. I'm going to try to talk DS11 out of DAK for this trip. I'm looking into a Star Wars weekend trip next June and we can take in the other parks then, if that trip pans out.

Dumbo The Flying Elephant: Closed for Refurbishment [January 7, 2009]
Mickey's PhilharMagic : Closed for Refurbishment [January 18, 2009 to January 31, 2009]
Splash Mountain®: Closed for Refurbishment [January 4, 2009 to January 17, 2009]
The Hall Of Presidents: Closed for Refurbishment [January 1, 2009 to January 31, 2009]:sad1:

Dumbo The Flying Elephant: Closed for Refurbishment [January 7, 2009]
Mickey's PhilharMagic : Closed for Refurbishment [January 18, 2009 to January 31, 2009]
Splash Mountain®: Closed for Refurbishment [January 4, 2009 to January 17, 2009]
The Hall Of Presidents: Closed for Refurbishment [January 1, 2009 to January 31, 2009]:sad1:

YIKES! My DS LOVES Mickey's PhilharMagic! :3dglasses We had to watch that show at least once every day on or trip! He still says "Oh, that Donald!"

There is so much on this board. I love it! It's helped in planning my 1st trip to WDW for Jan. 18-25 2009. Hope all you January peeps are excited just as I am!!!! Staying at SSR for the week. Wanted to go to Cirque and they are not showing that week! :sad2:

We arrive in the afternoon of the 20th, for 10 day at the Pop. We will be celebrating our 25th Anniversary at the World. We started at the Land, 26 years ago. :love: Hoping for codes and/or Visa Offering to help pay for the trip, amazed at how quickly prices of nearly everything increased, but my salary remains the same. We've never been in January, is there music or shows or anything to atttend? Can't deal with the heat in May anymore, getting old just plain sucks.

Just booked our flights - Airtran $430.00. :banana: :banana:

Celebrating our 20th anniversary from 1/31 - 2/7. Right now it looks like 4nts at CBR with DxDP and 8d parkhopper and 3nts AKL-Club level room only.

We have planned a day at Discovery Cove, doing both the Sunrise and Sunset Safaris, and the Segway tour at Epcot.

Havent totally settled on where we are eating, but do know it will be at Narcoosees at least once. :thumbsup2

Just booked our flights - Airtran $430.00. :banana: :banana:

Celebrating our 20th anniversary from 1/31 - 2/7. Right now it looks like 4nts at CBR with DxDP and 8d parkhopper and 3nts AKL-Club level room only.

We have planned a day at Discovery Cove, doing both the Sunrise and Sunset Safaris, and the Segway tour at Epcot.

Havent totally settled on where we are eating, but do know it will be at Narcoosees at least once. :thumbsup2

What a wonderful intinerary! We'll be at WDW the same time staying at the Beach Club. Narcoosees is a must for us too!!
I hope you have a wonderful trip!!!

Trying to plan a trip for January with my friends, not sure if it'll happen or not though. I miss it so much!

jan 11th - 17th here!
Might leave on the 10th... Depending on the cost of the added night, we found some airline tickets at 200 each round trip from MSP!

jan 11th - 17th here!
Might leave on the 10th... Depending on the cost of the added night, we found some airline tickets at 200 each round trip from MSP!

I'm flying out of MSP too! Have you looked at Sun Country?

If you fly Sun Country out of MSP Jan 11-17, it's $160.50/person down, and $129.50/person coming back

flying Jan 10-17 is $205.50 down and $129.50 back

Now if you can do Jan 12-19, it's $129.50 each way, or Jan 14-21 is $129.50 down and $105.50 back!

Sorry, I couldn't help myself :) - we got $109.50 each way for the 13th-20th, but we got the last tix at those prices on those days. :banana:

***edited to add..... nevermind, I see your price is for round trip. :-) What airline?

I'm flying out of MSP too! Have you looked at Sun Country?

If you fly Sun Country out of MSP Jan 11-17, it's $160.50/person down, and $129.50/person coming back

flying Jan 10-17 is $205.50 down and $129.50 back

Now if you can do Jan 12-19, it's $129.50 each way, or Jan 14-21 is $129.50 down and $105.50 back!

Sorry, I couldn't help myself :) - we got $109.50 each way for the 13th-20th, but we got the last tix at those prices on those days. :banana:

***edited to add..... nevermind, I see your price is for round trip. :-) What airline?

Actually thank you for putting the sun-country prices :D

The airline is NWA through hotwire as a "special deal" - so we hadn't actually booked. Last time we looked at Sun Country (admittedly, a few weeks ago) the prices were quite a bit higher.

Just checked it out though... we love Sun Country to death (they have the best service we have every experienced, and when my grandparents were in need of changing a filght back due to a death in the family, they changed it at no charge and no hassle). We are willing to pay the extra to go thruogh them, and non-stop too! OUr prices were for a 3 hours layover in Chicago, if we can avoid that it's worth it :)

Actually thank you for putting the sun-country prices :D

The airline is NWA through hotwire as a "special deal" - so we hadn't actually booked. Last time we looked at Sun Country (admittedly, a few weeks ago) the prices were quite a bit higher.

Just checked it out though... we love Sun Country to death (they have the best service we have every experienced, and when my grandparents were in need of changing a filght back due to a death in the family, they changed it at no charge and no hassle). We are willing to pay the extra to go thruogh them, and non-stop too! OUr prices were for a 3 hours layover in Chicago, if we can avoid that it's worth it :)

I love Sun Country too! Unfortunately they dont' fly to New Orleans, so I have to use Northwest to get my son to his dad's for Christmas and they have been TERRIBLE to deal with already! Mistakes on their part that they won't fix to my liking, changing his flights for no reason.... UGH!

I LOVE Sun Country!

FYI - by January we will be paying $15 for our first checked bag and $25 for the second one with Sun Country. :sad1: I figured it was only a matter of time before they followed the rest... :headache:

Not to threadjack (sorry!) but from the article it looks like they will continue operating under some special circumstances clauses. Reduced flights probably, but I am willing to bet anythign from MSP isn't touched since it's their home base.

Their majority stockholder (who is NOT a member of their board, or CEO, Vp, anythign like that - just a money man) is suspected of fraud, and they are backing away from him. To do so, they have to file bankrupty since he owns the majority of stock - this way, they can take his shares and resell them to make up operating cost. They are one of the few airlines that wasn't losing money, so it's not an issue of them going under.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter