Let's speculate about Polynesian some more!

How likely do you think the Polynesian tower will be part of a new/old association?

• 100% new association

Votes: 113 37.0%
  • 80% new association / 20% current association

Votes: 64 21.0%
  • 60% new association / 40% current association

Votes: 28 9.2%
  • 40% new association / 60% current association

Votes: 17 5.6%
  • 20% new association / 80% current association

Votes: 32 10.5%
  • 0% new association / 100% current association

Votes: 51 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The restrictions also work from another angle… I can’t use my resale points at RIV, which is a beautiful resort I adore. I don’t need to buy RIV points but I do need to use my direct points or buy more direct points from RIV or somewhere to stay there. DVC is not just targeting RIV buyers with their restrictions. They want to steer all buyers to direct. If you want to have the option to stay at all DVC resorts including RIV, VDH, likely CFW and resorts we don’t know about yet, you now need to buy directly from Disney. That’s their strategy. There are currently enough restrictions that this strategy works even without restricting existing association expansions at VGF and Poly. I’m not saying I like it. I’m just saying this is Disney’s strategy.
I’ve been thinking a lot about adding on more points, I only have resale. Part of me still believes Poly Tower will be its own association. All the new stuff available for sale with a promotion via DVC has resale restrictions expect for Aluani. My concern is 2042 comes and 1/2 the resorts are one for us holding contracts that expire later. And now this talk of Trusts. I just feel a resale contract at that point in time will be as worthless as a regular time share contract expect with very few room options and everyone being forced to stay at their home resort. Unless we all buy direct of course.

I’ve been thinking a lot about adding on more points, I only have resale. Part of me still believes Poly Tower will be its own association. All the new stuff available for sale with a promotion via DVC has resale restrictions expect for Aluani. My concern is 2042 comes and 1/2 the resorts are one for us holding contracts that expire later. And now this talk of Trusts. I just feel a resale contract at that point in time will be as worthless as a regular time share contract expect with very few room options and everyone being forced to stay at their home resort. Unless we all buy direct of course.

Since we now have it confirmed that CFW will have restrictions and be sold as part of a trust with a RTU plan, I think it does support that DVD is in for having restrictions moving forward.

I think anyone buying resale who wants access to the tower, should wait until the documents for declaration and sale are actually filed.

Since we now have it confirmed that CFW will have restrictions and be sold as part of a trust with a RTU plan, I think it does support that DVD is in for having restrictions moving forward.

I think anyone buying resale who wants access to the tower, should wait until the documents for declaration and sale are actually filed.
I 100% agree with this…especially knowing the new Cali resort has restrictions as well.

I wish I had bought at VGF when it was almost $165 direct with the magic buy back.

If Disney backtracks with a new association for the Poly, after leading everyone to think otherwise, I would have absolute zero trust in them going forward.

If Disney backtracks with a new association for the Poly, after leading everyone to think otherwise, I would have absolute zero trust in them going forward.
Trust in DVC? That was your first mistake :earboy2:.

But in all seriousness, does anyone else think they'll throw the new direct Poly points into the trust and essentially give them restrictions?

Dear Yvonne Cheng: If Polly Anna owns 100 direct Polynesian points and 50 post-2019 Polynesian resale points, will she be able to use her 150 points to book at the Poly tower at 11 months???
This is the question that allows them to kinda say its in the same association...but I 100% see it with restrictions and as a trust.

This is the question that allows them to kinda say its in the same association...but I 100% see it with restrictions and as a trust.
So the answer to Polly Anna is Yes she can use her deeded Polynesian direct AND post-2019 resale points to book the Poly tower at 11 months… and the new Poly tower points will be trust points with resale restrictions but all Poly Trust points (direct and resale) can be used for all Polynesian DVC inventory (Longhouses and Tower) ??? ALL Polynesian points will live in harmony at the Polynesian forever after until 2066??

Last edited:

That’s the interesting part though. There were a lot of assumptions that the comment meant all rules would be exactly the same.

Some here cautioned people that saying “the plan right now…” might be important enough to heed that things were not as cut and dry.

Now, it could very well end up just like VGf did…sold as not only part of PVB but as a leasehold condominium.

but, I have shared many times, I have written DVC three times, asked many different ways and the response has been “we are sorry, but we can’t answer your questions at this time” or “we have nothing regarding that project that can be shared. “.

Last edited:

But in all seriousness, does anyone else think they'll throw the new direct Poly points into the trust and essentially give them restrictions?
Definitely! We all thought DVC would do what was best for DVC and this would be just that.

DVC will save considerable time and money as many pointed out by keeping the association the same. It can use the CFW POS since it's joining DVC first. DVC can sell MK points at a premium for less than 50 years while making PVB look like a "complete association" with all villa types to a majority of members. Win, win, win (for Disney)!

Disney announced Reflections, started construction, and completely stopped the project. New purchase contracts currently say:

"The proposed projects at the Cabins at Fort Wilderness Resort, Reflections-A Disney Lakeside Lodge and Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort in Florida are only possible component sites or accommodations which may never be built or added to the Disney Vacation Club multi site timeshare plan. Neither DVD nor any of the TWDC Companies have any obligation to build any additional Disney Vacation Club resorts or to add additional component sites or accommodations to the Disney Vacation Club multi site timeshare plan. Do not purchase an interest in a Disney Vacation Club resort in reliance upon the addition of these component sites, any new resorts or accommodations to the Disney Vacation Club."

It's all "subject to change" which is why so many are cautioning people not to purchase any resale points right now intending to book the Poly Tower.

Guess we’re putting in hardwoods and renovating our bathroom versus Poly points!
Probably a better way to go anyways! :)

Seriously though, all the changes with DVC make me think best way to go is either buy a favorite (fixed) week and/or resale... Buy the resort you want for the cheapest price possible, or pay a premium to lock in guaranteed access....

Probably a better way to go anyways! :)

Seriously though, all the changes with DVC make me think best way to go is either buy a favorite (fixed) week and/or resale... Buy the resort you want for the cheapest price possible, or pay a premium to lock in guaranteed access....
I was thinking about "home resort" priority. When we started, we cared more about it, but looking back, especially recently, we just haven't used it much. We bought VGF in 2013 and PVB in 2016. We haven't booked either in the 11 month period since 2019...

We've been members since 2007, when we bought our first SSR contract. What I've found in that time is how we travelled then completely evolved over time. So, what you may plan to do now may be completely different in 5 to 10 years.

I was thinking about "home resort" priority. When we started, we cared more about it, but looking back, especially recently, we just haven't used it much. We bought VGF in 2013 and PVB in 2016. We haven't booked either in the 11 month period since 2019...

We've been members since 2007, when we bought our first SSR contract. What I've found in that time is how we travelled then completely evolved over time. So, what you may plan to do now may be completely different in 5 to 10 years.
I bought PVB 4 year ago….have never stayed there. Have been to CCV, BLT, AKL, VGF, OKW…all but OKW more than once. I’ve made almost all of my bookings at 60 days or less. I added a small VGF contract because that is my favorite spot…and just sold my PVB because I hate the use year Sept and I don’t like things being so tight for August travel.

Am currently trying to add at any of the 2060+ resorts to make up for the sold points but all these restrictions and losing 1/2 the resorts in 2042 has me really considering direct if a good promo comes through.

Disney announced Reflections, started construction, and completely stopped the project. New purchase contracts currently say:

"The proposed projects at the Cabins at Fort Wilderness Resort, Reflections-A Disney Lakeside Lodge and Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort in Florida are only possible component sites or accommodations which may never be built or added to the Disney Vacation Club multi site timeshare plan. Neither DVD nor any of the TWDC Companies have any obligation to build any additional Disney Vacation Club resorts or to add additional component sites or accommodations to the Disney Vacation Club multi site timeshare plan. Do not purchase an interest in a Disney Vacation Club resort in reliance upon the addition of these component sites, any new resorts or accommodations to the Disney Vacation Club."

It's all "subject to change" which is why so many are cautioning people not to purchase any resale points right now intending to book the Poly Tower.
Of course. I'm just imagining being at that DVC meeting and all the applause after that announcement. Just can't imagine letting that go and intentionally being that deceiving.

Even if you buy the resort you want, say the Beach Club, the trust could make it even more competitive at the 11 month mark, right?

That’s the interesting part though. There were a lot of assumptions that the comment meant all rules would be exactly the same.

Some here cautioned people that saying “the plan right now…” might be important enough to heed that things were not as cut and dry.

Now, it could very well end up just like VGf did…sold as not only part of PVB but as a leasehold condominium.

but, I have shared many times, I have written DVC three times, asked many different ways and the response has been “we are sorry, but we can’t answer your questions at this time” or “we have nothing regarding that project that can be shared. “.
Just sketchy.

No mistakes here. I own no points now. 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter