• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Let's speculate about Polynesian some more!

How likely do you think the Polynesian tower will be part of a new/old association?

• 100% new association

Votes: 113 37.0%
  • 80% new association / 20% current association

Votes: 64 21.0%
  • 60% new association / 40% current association

Votes: 28 9.2%
  • 40% new association / 60% current association

Votes: 17 5.6%
  • 20% new association / 80% current association

Votes: 32 10.5%
  • 0% new association / 100% current association

Votes: 51 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Seems like Disney may see if CFW sales pick up, and if not they may add the Tower to the trust. I still see no reason they would add the tower to the existing association. Imo, the tower is going to sell on it's own similar to CCV. They are going to have problems selling the cabins without added amenities and high dues.

Seems like Disney may see if CFW sales pick up, and if not they may add the Tower to the trust. I still see no reason they would add the tower to the existing association. Imo, the tower is going to sell on its own similar to CCV. They are going to have problems selling the cabins without added amenities and high dues.
How would adding the tower to CFW trust help CFW sales? Paying $4/pt more in dues to stay at tower. Putting it another way, paying 47.7% more in dues to use CFW points at tower. :crazy2:

Edited: I was off by 2.3%.
Assuming tower has PVB dues of $8.23. Multiply by 1.477 equals $12.15571. CFW dues are $12.16

Last edited:

It’s a good property.. for every DVC owner who doesn’t own there.
Exactly.

Just thought of a possible exception. If tower has high dues like CFW, they can add it to the trust and it makes CFW on equal footing for dues.

Of course, if Poly tower has high dues like CFW, both resorts become attractive for everyone who doesn’t own there.

How would adding the tower to CFW trust help CFW sales? Paying $4/pt more in dues to stay at tower. Putting it another way, paying 47.7% more in dues to use CFW points at tower. :crazy2:

Assuming tower has PVB dues of $8.23. Multiply by 1.477 equals $12.15571. CFW dues are $12.16
Adding the tower to the trust doesn’t help CFW sales, it just hides it. If you want to go out with the pretty girl, you have to take her ugly friend along too … they are a package deal. You are selling shares of “trust soup”

I think one way it may help is that it could give you the option to book both resorts ahead of 7 months. It opens up more options than just CFW.

I think one way it may help is that it could give you the option to book both resorts ahead of 7 months. It opens up more options than just CFW.
Yeah, but if I'm buying Poly 2.0, I have zero interest in CFW.

I don't want to be competing with Poly 1.0 points AND CFW points for Poly 2.0 rooms if they decide to do this hybrid trust crapola.

I thought the way the Trust works is that the dues are the average of the points within. Meaning, if the Trust contains 50% PVB2 points and 50% CFW points, then each point's dues is the weighted average of PVB and CFW, which in this case would be $10.195/point. This is how I understand it works in other timeshare trusts...

Last edited:
Why do people continue to make it about buying tower? Disney will have no problem selling tower, so why would they intentionally make CFW trust dues look like a very expensive dues option.

If Disney wants to price CFW for a huge discount to tower then they should never have built it.

My personal belief is they figured out CFW dues during October/November. When they realized the dues were so high compared to PVB, they made the decision to not make it part of the trust. The final decision on that was likely made days before the members meeting. After all, the announcement said started with something to the effect of “we can finally say…”. That is the part the board seems to conveniently forget. Something changed not long before the members meeting.

Yeah, but if I'm buying Poly 2.0, I have zero interest in CFW.

I don't want to be competing with Poly 1.0 points AND CFW points for Poly 2.0 rooms if they decide to do this hybrid trust crapola.
While some will see it as a drawback, I can potentially see it is a plus....and I am sure I am not the only one....

Forcing people who want to buy one resort to also buy another resort that they have little interest in would be incredibly weird and counter-productive.
The wy they have structured the trust though it can be set up to make it as an additional option you get but don't have to take it if you want.

So, you can buy one or the other but get early acess to the one you didn't buy into at that point. Eventually, if more resorts are added, it could be seen as a very strong product for new buyers who don't own or have been around through all the changes.

Of course, they may choose to not use Poly tower as the next resort property to be part of the trust, but as I have mentioned, they do have lots of options to move in this direction, depending on what they want.

I know there is a carefully worded statement that was sent to guides from legal and tha is repeated when people ask about further info, so they definiitely are being very cautious with not committing to any specifics on how it will be sold, trust or no trust.

Forcing people who want to buy one resort to also buy another resort that they have little interest in would be incredibly weird and counter-productive.
Counter productive for whom? It’s a great financial strategy to bail out an underperforming property. If marketed correctly, the average person would have no idea what was going on. Again, this is speculation for entertainment purposes only, there is no cause for concern, it’s just an idea.

If CFW becomes packaged with the PVB 2 points that I want, I go from 100% buying (regardless of same/different assocation) to 200% out .
Disney isn't going to have trouble selling the tower, regardless of which decision they make. They know this based on how long it took PVB (only resort similar to CFW with basically a single room size option). Compare how long it took to sell PVB vs how long it is expected to take to sell Riviera.

My point is CFW becomes a worse trust product. 47.7% higher dues that PVB today. Likely tower has similar dues to PVB. Disney should be more concerned about CFW selling than the other WDW options (Riviera and Poly tower).

My point is CFW becomes a worse trust product. 47.7% higher dues that PVB today. Likely tower has similar dues to PVB. Disney should be more concerned about CFW selling than the other WDW options (Riviera and Poly tower).
On the one hand, "you can book at CFW *or* PVB at 11 months!" is a cool value prop.

On the other hand, if CFW dues are $12 and PVB dues are $8, why wouldn't you just buy PVB if staying at PVB is so attractive?

Or if they average out the dues (I don't know how this would be handled in a trust product), that effectively uses PVB (which would sell even with $10 dues) to subsidize sales of CFW (which will struggle at $10).

My gut still says that PVB Tower is part of the PVB association, and if they move forward with a multi-resort trust at some point it will be to combine CFW with a future Reflections product, allowing them to market complementary resorts without being forced to make them the same association, etc.

I thought the way the Trust works is that the dues are the average of the points within. Meaning, if the Trust contains 50% PVB2 points and 50% CFW points, then each point's dues is the weighted average of PVB and CFW, which in this case would be $10.195/point. This is how I understand it works in other timeshare trusts...
I believe @Sandisw has posted that Disney didn't write the CFW POS that way. My understanding is each resort can only be charged for their own resorts dues.

If Disney has that option and chooses the approach you mention, it makes CFW more attractive. Buying the resort with the cheaper dues would be 100% taken off the table. Buyers should realize that if this is possible and is invoked at CFW + tower trust, Disney could build/add high dues resorts like VB and HHI to the trust in 2042 future. Good for Disney, but those buying should realize Disney has the ability to pass expensive maintenance/insurance/upkeep/etc resorts to the trust.

Reactions: EYL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter