Let's speculate about Polynesian some more!

How likely do you think the Polynesian tower will be part of a new/old association?

• 100% new association

Votes: 113 37.0%
  • 80% new association / 20% current association

Votes: 64 21.0%
  • 60% new association / 40% current association

Votes: 28 9.2%
  • 40% new association / 60% current association

Votes: 17 5.6%
  • 20% new association / 80% current association

Votes: 32 10.5%
  • 0% new association / 100% current association

Votes: 51 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mmmm mac salad, korean short ribs and poke *drools*. I reverse my decision on wanting a high end restaurant :P but in all seriousness both are okay. Agreed on Captain Cook's which is why I was kind of hoping they would go more high end because I feel like the resort is lacking that option but the stuff I listed above may be more aligned with actual Hawai'i.
Definitely could use both! 1 Hawaiian inspired quick service and 1 Hawaiian inspired seafood-focused sit down restaurant.

I think what you’re referring to is the image below. The balconies for those rooms face the grand Floridian, hence why you can’t see them from this monorail view.

Fret not, all Poly tower rooms will have balconies.
View attachment 853061

See I read that to mean that those rooms don’t have balconies…the ones facing VGF…but maybe that is not what it meant.

I feel like I read somewhere that there doesn’t look to be space setup for dining or recreation on the rooftop (big miss IMO, if so) but there’s those open air spaces in a few spots on the building that look super intriguing, maybe they’ll include dining/bar/lounge spaces in some fashion? Not exactly rooftop but would still have amazing views if we go by the opening sizes.
View attachment 853073
View attachment 853074
Intriguing. Any volunteers to take the boat from Poly to MK to see if there’s a giant gaping hole where pictured in the artist rendering?

I’ve got photos from Sept 23 but assume someone else has something more recent.

Intriguing. Any volunteers to take the boat from Poly to MK to see if there’s a giant gaping hole where pictured in the artist rendering?

This is from 2 weeks ago. There's honestly so many quirky cutouts, it's hard to even understand what they might do with all of them. I think I count 6 of these oddities, some of which are different sizes than the 2 main ones.

This is from 2 weeks ago. There's honestly so many quirky cutouts, it's hard to even understand what they might do with all of them. I think I count 6 of these oddities, some of which are different sizes than the 2 main ones.

1713494513932.png
The one circled in purple seems promising to me as a bar/lounge/public space of some sort (that will probably come at a cost)— the yellow circle is the dream but I heard people say it looks a lot like the GV layout at VDH…. I also wonder if there is a possibility for a true rooftop terrace on one of the side wings — wouldn’t be obvious at this stage if they planned to add it later.

Saddest story, we had a Poly trip booked to leave next week for May the 4th and had a lot of unexpected things happen (nothing bad just busy!) and had to cancel last month so I would have been able to reconnaissance and see it in person but alas, we’ll have to wait until July 4th trip now.

Anyway here’s the latest blogmickey post about it, there’s tons of good pics and descriptions!

https://blogmickey.com/2024/04/polynesian-village-dvc-tower-update-more-paint-more-scaffolding/

View attachment 853111
The one circled in purple seems promising to me as a bar/lounge/public space of some sort (that will probably come at a cost)— the yellow circle is the dream but I heard people say it looks a lot like the GV layout at VDH…. I also wonder if there is a possibility for a true rooftop terrace on one of the side wings — wouldn’t be obvious at this stage if they planned to add it later.
In the renderings I was hopeful that the yellow circle on top would be a restaurant/lounge but with those windows on the side it definitely looks like a GV, likely 2 story like VDH. Kind of unfortunate, I would've rather had the lounge/restaurant up there and then had the GVs to the side slightly, maybe 4 in total that are 2 stories each but it seems they're really pushing this minimum number of GVs possible with more emphasis on studios which I get benefits most members more but still.

How much can they really fit in that purple circle?

There is an opening facing the lake and one facing the monorail. Unfortunately, is seems they may not be aligned. The one facing the monorail starts one floor lower and is one window/balcony off from the one facing the lake.

Seems strange they have rooms on the opposite side of each large window section. That means guests will walk by there. Depending what is in those sections, might we see the least desired room locations?

Anything open to people not staying in the tower would seem strange. Imagine lots of people walking passed your room throughout the day who aren’t even staying at Polynesian.

That makes me wonder if it might be club areas? Disney would charge a lot more points per night, so they could sell more points. Also, dues would pay for everything.

Edit: I hope they aren’t club sections because we would be buying a lot more points than I originally thought.

Edit: I hope they aren’t club sections because we would be buying a lot more points than I originally thought.
There’s talk of advance FP (LL, if you must) selection coming back and people are speculating that concierge categories may get an extra selection (like they used to under FP+) and I was like “uuuuuuuugh, I am less in favor of this option now that we are DVC members with no real chance of having concierge access" (is DVC concierge available anywhere other than AKV?); then my next thought was "what if Poly Tower has concierge rooms…how many direct points would i need to buy for a fixed week in a concierge 1bed/studio?" 😵‍💫🙈🤣

I’m hoping at least one space is just an upscale bar/lounge/poke place for DVC direct members in (there’s hope because they can use it to push direct points)… so we can actually get in there despite huge crowds at the resort.

There’s talk of advance FP (LL, if you must) selection coming back and people are speculating that concierge categories may get an extra selection (like they used to under FP+) and I was like “uuuuuuuugh, I am less in favor of this option now that we are DVC members with no real chance of having concierge access" (is DVC concierge available anywhere other than AKV?); then my next thought was "what if Poly Tower has concierge rooms…how many direct points would i need to buy for a fixed week in a concierge 1bed/studio?" 😵‍💫🙈🤣

I’m hoping at least one space is just an upscale bar/lounge/poke place for DVC direct members in (there’s hope because they can use it to push direct points)… so we can actually get in there despite huge crowds at the resort.
Bungalows and cabins were also included in the 90 day FP+ program.

I am hoping/wondering if Disney tiers resort guests and allows different numbers of selections based on value, moderate, and deluxe. Nice that DVC gets all the deluxe perks!

Bungalows and cabins were also included in the 90 day FP+ program.

I am hoping/wondering if Disney tiers resort guests and allows different numbers of selections based on value, moderate, and deluxe. Nice that DVC gets all the deluxe perks!
Based on how quickly Genie+ sells out of popular rides, I will be shocked if they can divide by tier (because I don’t think they can offer many people more than 2 advance selections), but maybe more people are buying G+ than are staying across all Disney resorts? I’ve always wanted to stay in the bungalows, but I am too cheap to blow that many points— if there is a huge FP advantage for bungalows and cabins, I’ll probably check them out… might need to load up on SAP after all….

Last edited:
Mmmm mac salad, korean short ribs and poke *drools*. I reverse my decision on wanting a high end restaurant :P but in all seriousness both are okay. Agreed on Captain Cook's which is why I was kind of hoping they would go more high end because I feel like the resort is lacking that option but the stuff I listed above may be more aligned with actual Hawai'i.
I'll go a step further, how about some chicken katsu, musubi, multiple varieties of poke like they have in the grocery stores in Hawaii, sushi/sashimi, loco moco, teriyaki burgers, shave ice, huli huli chicken, kalua pork......the possibilities are endless...........🍔🍍🥢🐟

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter