Let's speculate about Polynesian some more!

How likely do you think the Polynesian tower will be part of a new/old association?

• 100% new association

Votes: 113 37.0%
  • 80% new association / 20% current association

Votes: 64 21.0%
  • 60% new association / 40% current association

Votes: 28 9.2%
  • 40% new association / 60% current association

Votes: 17 5.6%
  • 20% new association / 80% current association

Votes: 32 10.5%
  • 0% new association / 100% current association

Votes: 51 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there precedent for them opening cash res before points res on a new addition? They didn't open cash res first on BPK did they?

I guess they really just don't want to make these new DVC feel super unique. I love being transported somewhere new when I visit Disney.

That is a nice lobby but it doesn't feel Disney at all, and honestly, does anybody actually feel transformed to Hawaii by the looks of that place?
Yeah I'm surprised it's not more Polynesian-y. Doesn't look like they are going cheap, just a decision to not lean hard into the theme. There have to be some focus groups or something steering them toward these designs.

Is the name that bad? Could have just been " The Tower " or Disney's Polynesian Villas, Bungalows, and Tower lol
Maybe it is bad... BUT if it's the same association it couldn't be completely unique. At least that's what I am telling myself

Is the name that bad? Could have just been " The Tower " or Disney's Polynesian Villas, Bungalows, and Tower lol
Maybe it is bad... BUT if it's the same association it couldn't be completely unique. At least that's what I am telling myself
Could have gone with any more unique word in front of tower vs Island.

I think people would complain no matter what they do. The pictures of the lobby look amazing and does it really matter what they named the tower if it’s just part of the same association?

I wouldn't complain if it didn't remind me of every other new hotel lobby that isn't named Disney. I just expect Disney to have an immersive, straight to another place type of feel. I expect a Disney resort to be different. A place i ONLY can see and experience at Disney. Just me though. I feel they are losing what actually makes them special. Being different. Feeling immersed. That lobby doesn't look like any of that.

Its just a beautiful lobby.. like other places

Is there precedent for them opening cash res before points res on a new addition? They didn't open cash res first on BPK did they?

Yes, for VDH. Remember, BPK was a cash hotel and converted to DVC...there are plenty of cash rooms already at GF that were of the same type.

For the Island tower, those additional room types are not part of the hotel portion of the Poly (as well as not part of PVB) so I think that is why.

Plus, I am thinking, with this move, that the declaration of rooms for points booking are going to be very closely tied to new sales, and that they won't be overdeclaring to leave lots of rooms for cash bookings in the initial stages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter