LGMH swiping advice...

freepixie

<font color=deeppink>Tanoshi<br><font color=green>
Well today I was shopping at our local Home Depot for a few things, and breezed through the paint section... and lo and behold they had a large stock of LGMH's! However, once it came down to it, I didn't know how to work up the nerve just to take some... Its not really stealing is it? I've seen the barcode and I guess that kinda freaks me... plus there were 2 HDCM's hanging out with nothing to do and I didn't want to look obvious. I walked out of Home Depot with a lamp but no LGMH's... :sad2:

Any advice? I really wanna get a couple for our summer trip!

They are samples, free to take. If you are nervous take a few of the other colors also. They also have tiny brochures with different rooms decorated with the Disney paints. Take some of those like you are decorating a kids room and looking for ideas.

If not grab a few and run like h%$$! :rotfl: :rotfl:

As long as my kids don't go with you, you'll be fine. I thought my three little dears were in this with me. :confused3 I took the stack they had and peaked in the cabinet below to see if there was more. Two stacks, so I asked to paint person if he had anymore. He comes over and looks at the empty slot. Says, wow, we just filled that up yesterday. One of my "shy" darlings pipes up with, "Mama already took what you had and she looked in that cabinet and saw you have two more stacks." :o

They are samples, free to take. If you are nervous take a few of the other colors also. They also have tiny brochures with different rooms decorated with the Disney paints. Take some of those like you are decorating a kids room and looking for ideas.

Thank you, that really put my mind at ease! I will go back out probably tomorrow and try that with getting some other samples and brochures. And it is true that we will be painting my bedroom this spring, so heck, maybe I want it to be lime green ;)

Thank you thank you thank you!

As long as my kids don't go with you, you'll be fine. I thought my three little dears were in this with me. :confused3 I took the stack they had and peaked in the cabinet below to see if there was more. Two stacks, so I asked to paint person if he had anymore. He comes over and looks at the empty slot. Says, wow, we just filled that up yesterday. One of my "shy" darlings pipes up with, "Mama already took what you had and she looked in that cabinet and saw you have two more stacks." :o

Got to watch what we are doing with the children.

If you don't want to take the ones from HD. You could always cut them out of lime green bristol board and do them up. These are the ones that I did two years ago (2005) and I plan on doing new ones cause the kids are older and all the dates have changed plus I have to make Baby doll one too.
8c070027.jpg

52a90a95.jpg

:thumbsup2 YES...THIS WORKS GREAT! :thumbsup2

I had walked in to HD...wasn't even getting anything else. Walked str8 over to the LGMH and picked up ooooo, 6-7 of them. My DH turned around and said OMG what are you doing? (well being I have done this the last 3 years what do you think I am doing...DUH). He had a fit, so I picked up a booklet, flipped through it, picked up a few other samples and turned to him and kinda loudly and laughingly said...ARE YOU HAPPY NOW? He just laughed at me and said ok...we can go now.:dance3:

If you don't want to take the ones from HD. You could always cut them out of lime green bristol board and do them up. These are the ones that I did two years ago (2005) and I plan on doing new ones cause the kids are older and all the dates have changed plus I have to make Baby doll one too.
8c070027.jpg

52a90a95.jpg

Love the pic's...and love the BIG LGMH's.
May have to borrow your idea this March! May I ask what you used for a stencil?

Just wondering...not to be Debbie Downer here...but do ya'll worry about having your names on your door? Unfortunately, there are all types of people in the world, including Disney World, and I shudder at the thought of someone with false intentions knowing my DD's name...and others in the family. Perhaps I am blowing things out of proportion, and I am NOT flaming you, I am just a scaredy cat about that kind of stuff I guess...:confused:

Just wondering...not to be Debbie Downer here...but do ya'll worry about having your names on your door? Unfortunately, there are all types of people in the world, including Disney World, and I shudder at the thought of someone with false intentions knowing my DD's name...and others in the family. Perhaps I am blowing things out of proportion, and I am NOT flaming you, I am just a scaredy cat about that kind of stuff I guess...:confused:

I understand...That is why we only use our DIS screen name on the door or window. But alot of people feel so much safer at WDW, and as long as you keep a very close eye on things I would think this should not be a major issue. BUT VERY GOOD POINT!:thumbsup2

nope I'm not scard. I'm with my kids 24 hours a day and I high doubt that someone is going to walk up to my kids and walk off with them knowing their name.

Got my LGMH last night. I had to explain to my DF what I was doing with them. My dad kept saying I was using them for my "secret society"...LOL! :lmao:I had no problem getting mine. In fact, I stood in front of the paint samples (which were at the VERY front of the isle), and just kept picking up more and sticking them in my purse. Then I counted them while I was there! If anyone is that nervous about it, go to the store right before it's getting ready to close. It's completely empty and the people that work there just want to go home for the night, they don't really care whether lime green is there. They are probably happy to get rid of the lime green ones since I'm sure no one ACTUALLY paints their rooms that color! :goodvibes

Got my LGMH last night. I had to explain to my DF what I was doing with them. My dad kept saying I was using them for my "secret society"...LOL! :lmao:I had no problem getting mine. In fact, I stood in front of the paint samples (which were at the VERY front of the isle), and just kept picking up more and sticking them in my purse. Then I counted them while I was there! If anyone is that nervous about it, go to the store right before it's getting ready to close. It's completely empty and the people that work there just want to go home for the night, they don't really care whether lime green is there. They are probably happy to get rid of the lime green ones since I'm sure no one ACTUALLY paints their rooms that color! :goodvibes

Man I am making alot of posts to this thread...

Our HD is open 24 hours...

And Alien Lime Green is a big seller in the Disney paint. It is the color that is recommend with one of the Tinkerbell room's.

Oh my... I work at a Home Depot here in Minnesota. Let me say this, samples are samples. If you want a couple take a couple, no one really cares. What you could do is purchase a paint brush or a roller. High margin there. Or a faucet. Huge margin.

In fact, we are offering 10% off all appliance orders $297 or more through Presidents day. Also, we are having a huge clearance event, with savings up to %50 off select flooring and lighting (selections may vary). Also, if you purchase $299 or more on your Home Depot Consumer Card, you will have no payments for 12 months. At the Home Depot you can do and we can help.
:thumbsup2

Oh my... I work at a Home Depot here in Minnesota. Let me say this, samples are samples. If you want a couple take a couple, no one really cares. What you could do is purchase a paint brush or a roller. High margin there. Or a faucet. Huge margin.

In fact, we are offering 10% off all appliance orders $297 or more through Presidents day. Also, we are having a huge clearance event, with savings up to %50 off select flooring and lighting (selections may vary). Also, if you purchase $299 or more on your Home Depot Consumer Card, you will have no payments for 12 months. At the Home Depot you can do and we can help.

:rotfl:

I use the kids as decoys....we go over to the paint section...DD gets a mickey mouse head....DS gets a mickey mouse head.....mom gets about 6-8 LGMH's....DH walks away and pretends he dosn't know us.:rotfl:

If we promise not to take so many Alien Green samples can we get a better deal. I'll just tell them I know Snork--will that work?:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter