Life After Marathons: A Running/barre3/Coffee/Life Journal

I did a TA for W&D and it took so much stress away. Make your phone call!

I'm leaning towards TA, but I just have a few questions about how easy it will be to change things because my plans aren't set in stone yet.
I have one other personal call to make tonight, so this call will have to wait for tomorrow. But thanks for the reminder!

I also hate phones. Since texting came about I really hate talking to people on the phone.

Yeah, I'd much rather text or email. Phone calls are so 90s.

The only time I like talking on the phone is when it's my MIL. I prefer email & texting.

Exactly! (Minus the MIL, since I dont have one. For me it's my dad ... phone is easier than texting with him)

Here's the plan:
I have a meeting at 11:30. After that meeting, I'll grab my computer, head over to the couches (if they're available... if not I may just go outside) and make my phone call.

If I haven't come back here by 1pm (WDW time) and told you guys that I made the call, start bugging me.

Yes, i do need this level of harassment to make a phone call. Phone calls make me super nervous.

I blame my hatred of phone calls from working in a Human Resources call center. Dealing with grumpy people who didn't like company & federal rules does not make for a fun day. Thankfully it didn't last long and I moved over to their information systems department. I did database work and ran reports and queries all day long.

I blame my hatred of phone calls from working in a Human Resources call center. Dealing with grumpy people who didn't like company & federal rules does not make for a fun day. Thankfully it didn't last long and I moved over to their information systems department. I did database work and ran reports and queries all day long.

Completely understandable. I try to be super nice to call center people because I know most people aren't. I feel like working at a call center shows you the worst that humanity has to offer.
Databases are much better.

---
Update:
Call has been made. 99% sure I'm going with Acclaim Travel. I will deal with making the reservation later today.

Still feel like this with the "big" announcement?

About to place the order. I am 100% done with runDisney's crap and just want this off my plate.

Also, when you have a chance, I'd love to hear more about going through a TA. Save me the phone call and all...

Remind me in a little bit. It seems pretty simple, but I'll post more details after my next meeting.

I am using Acclaim for W&D. So far, so good. I even had to talk on the phone with Jim and it was rather pleasant.

I am using Acclaim for W&D. So far, so good. I even had to talk on the phone with Jim and it was rather pleasant.

Good to hear!
I spoke to Pat this morning and she was great.

Full disclosure... I talk to people on the phone all day at work. And my mom wonders why I never call... ;)

Well, sure. Using the phone all day at work is definitely a good reason to not want to make extra phone calls.

---
Life Update: I cope with my anger at runDisney by eating free ice cream. Yay Ben & Jerry's free cone day! (Bonus: short line... I was back at work 20 minutes after I left)

Last edited:
I'm learning that rD is the worst. Which is a shame because I really, really want to like them. Free come day? That is something I never needed to know....

Joining in on the call hatred discussion. I need to call a dog trainer about training for my puppy, but whyyyyyy can't I just email you??? LOL.
I am so in this club as well. I had to schedule a meeting with my advisor for school. I have to call... Why not have some online scheduling thing or email. I called twice and got no answer so far....

That is my feeling as well about rD and free ice cream.

Great minds thing alike :)

I am so in this club as well. I had to schedule a meeting with my advisor for school. I have to call... Why not have some online scheduling thing or email. I called twice and got no answer so far....

Back when I was in college, calling didn't help. Sometimes you had to just show up.
But yeah, there are a million and one scheduling tools out there. Just use something that allows students to easily make appointments and confirm them by email. Ugh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter