Lights, Camera, Magic (1-day tour)

mommy2mrb, I really appreciate all of the information you've given us about the tour! It's been so helpful.

I do have one other question....were you allowed to bring your cell phone inside the Disney Studios? I understand that photos are only allowed at certain times, but I would like to use my cell phone as my camera on the tour. I'm curious about this because I read in someone's Backstage Magic trip report that they had to leave all of their cell phones on the bus when they were at the studios. If that's true on the tour, too, I want to be sure to bring my digital camera. Thanks in advance!

happy to pass along any info and answer questions!!
our guides told us were we could not take photos....big no-no is any of the directories or names on the doors of offices....you can bring your cell phone, just no photos where told...I had mine with me on vibrate.

we got back around 745pm....left malibu at 530pm....friday night traffic in LA is awful....you might check to see if you can just take a taxi from Gladstones since you will be so close, maybe you could get a shuttle from your hotel to GCH ...they do give out some goodies when you get back to GCH, so they might be able to give them to you before hand.

good luck figuring it out, hope it will work out so you can take the tour!!
Is there any reason you can think of to take the bus back to GCH? I know on the ABD's I've been on, by the time you're heading back to the hotel, people are pretty pooped, and there's not a lot going on in the bus...

I forgot to ask... what time did you guys meet up in the morning at GCH?

Thanks again for all the info!

Sayhello

Is there any reason you can think of to take the bus back to GCH? I know on the ABD's I've been on, by the time you're heading back to the hotel, people are pretty pooped, and there's not a lot going on in the bus...

I forgot to ask... what time did you guys meet up in the morning at GCH?

Thanks again for all the info!

Sayhello

only to get the gifts, but again they would probably give them to you at Gladstones....our group pretty much kept to themselves, not a lot of interaction...bus was just a movie coming home.

we met at 815am in the lobby by the piano...did quick intro, photo and snacks before getting on the bus at about 840, we did get there before 8 though just in case! I'm never late :rotfl:

only to get the gifts, but again they would probably give them to you at Gladstones....our group pretty much kept to themselves, not a lot of interaction...bus was just a movie coming home.

we met at 815am in the lobby by the piano...did quick intro, photo and snacks before getting on the bus at about 840, we did get there before 8 though just in case! I'm never late :rotfl:
Thanks, mommy2mrb!

Not being on time is one of my biggest faults! :confused3

Sayhello

Anyone successfully book this one-day add-on past April 2012? I read the headline on the Dis a few days ago that the tour would continue through Summer 2012. Tried the ABD phone number yesterday and they said I had to add it on through DVC since I was using points for my vacation. Called DVC today only to be told I had to book it through ABD and that they were only accepting reservations through April at this point, so to keep checking back :confused3.

Anyone successfully book this one-day add-on past April 2012? I read the headline on the Dis a few days ago that the tour would continue through Summer 2012. Tried the ABD phone number yesterday and they said I had to add it on through DVC since I was using points for my vacation. Called DVC today only to be told I had to book it through ABD and that they were only accepting reservations through April at this point, so to keep checking back :confused3.
I would check back with ABD. I don't think you have to go through DVC, since the information for the trip says it can be booked independently (not as a part of a Disneyland vacation). I spoke to ABD about it a week or so ago, and they told me it was very likely to be extended past April, and that the announcement would come mid-March. :confused3 I'd try ABD again. Sounds like you got someone who didn't know what was going on, which surprises me.

Sayhello

I'm hoping to do this tour on a family trip to Southern California in June. I called ABD this morning, and they referred me to a special number for Lights, Camera, Magic. The CM I spoke with said that right now they are booking only through April, but that additional dates would be available soon, probably by the end of next week. She took my phone number and e-mail and said I would be contacted when the new dates were available.

When my husband suggested this, I was a bit spooked by the price with 4 of us, so I'm glad to see that those who have done it already really enjoyed it.

I'm hoping to do this tour on a family trip to Southern California in June. I called ABD this morning, and they referred me to a special number for Lights, Camera, Magic. The CM I spoke with said that right now they are booking only through April, but that additional dates would be available soon, probably by the end of next week. She took my phone number and e-mail and said I would be contacted when the new dates were available.

When my husband suggested this, I was a bit spooked by the price with 4 of us, so I'm glad to see that those who have done it already really enjoyed it.

If you are a major Disney lover its more than worth the $$...with all the little extras, snacks, lunch and the evening "meal" that counts for some of the $$ too....hope they extend the dates so you get to go!

Has anyone been able to book this past April 20th? I just called and they told me that they are April 20th is the last day that they have available at this time.

Just booked this for April 27th so they have opened up the booking. They have also changed the itinerary slightly. Lunch is now at the Farmer's Market and the reception is at the Studios.

Just booked this for April 27th so they have opened up the booking. They have also changed the itinerary slightly. Lunch is now at the Farmer's Market and the reception is at the Studios.

Thanks for the information I have just called and also booked April 27th, see you there!

Thanks for the information I have just called and also booked April 27th, see you there!

we'll see you both there...also booked the 27th!!!! Question for you, I was told about the itinerary change but my email confirmation still shows the previous itinerary...does yours show the revised itinerary????

BTW...just realized that we will be sailing with both of you to Hawaii!!!!! It will be nice to meet some some fellow Dis'ers before the cruise!!!

we'll see you both there...also booked the 27th!!!! Question for you, I was told about the itinerary change but my email confirmation still shows the previous itinerary...does yours show the revised itinerary????

BTW...just realized that we will be sailing with both of you to Hawaii!!!!! It will be nice to meet some some fellow Dis'ers before the cruise!!!

I did not receive an email confirmation but I did get a confirmation number.

I wonder if any others will join us on this tour. When are you arriving and where are you staying?

I would love to take this 1-day tour! I'm hoping to get accepted into the Professional Internship program and move to the L.A. area and take this tour (I interviewed for the Adventures by Disney internship last month).

I wish I had been able to arrange this tour when I was down in L.A. the week of Jan 15th (my son surprised me with a last minute trip to visit him that week). Does anyone have any TR they could share or refer me to so that I can see pics and read all about this fun adventure? Thanks!

Debbie

P.S. I'm so excited for all of you who are going soon!

I would love to take this 1-day tour! I'm hoping to get accepted into the Professional Internship program and move to the L.A. area and take this tour (I interviewed for the Adventures by Disney internship last month).

I wish I had been able to arrange this tour when I was down in L.A. the week of Jan 15th (my son surprised me with a last minute trip to visit him that week). Does anyone have any TR they could share or refer me to so that I can see pics and read all about this fun adventure? Thanks!

Debbie

P.S. I'm so excited for all of you who are going soon!

we just went on it over Pres Day weekend....it in my TR listed below in my siggie (FEB DLR TR starting on pg 45!) ...be aware though I've posted what little treats and surprises we got along the way!

we just went on it over Pres Day weekend....it in my TR listed below in my siggie (FEB DLR TR starting on pg 45!) ...be aware though I've posted what little treats and surprises we got along the way!

Thanks! I'm off to read it now :)

Just called today to find out about Aug 21...date was available. They told me they have made changes to the itinerary. Wasn't sure if everyone knew that? The trip to Malibu has been taken off. Lunch is now at the Farmers Market. From the reports I've read it sounds like this might be a good change??? Really looking forward to experiencing it!!

Just called today to find out about Aug 21...date was available. They told me they have made changes to the itinerary. Wasn't sure if everyone knew that? The trip to Malibu has been taken off. Lunch is now at the Farmers Market. From the reports I've read it sounds like this might be a good change??? Really looking forward to experiencing it!!
I know the trip to Malibu and back added hours of travel time to the trip. I assume that's why they changed that. And the Farmer's Market is a really cool place, so I assume that since they changed Dinner to the Studios, they changed lunch to something cool & different. But that's just a guess on my part.

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter