"Like" button

PrincessShmoo

DIS veteran
Not really an "issue", just a question.

Does liking a post get you something? As in, why would someone like a whole bunch of posts for no reason?

I'm not sure, but some people see it as a status thing on Facebook, so maybe they do here, also. I actually only like posts I want to let the poster know I really liked, or really agree with...

Sayhello

I'm not sure, but some people see it as a status thing on Facebook, so maybe they do here, also. I actually only like posts I want to let the poster know I really liked, or really agree with...

Sayhello
Yeah, but that's a status thing for the person(s) being liked, correct? Not the person giving the like. I just don't get it. I'm aware of a poster who will post on a whole thread (post by post) that he likes each post. Even if the post he "likes" just says something like "Me too." :confused3

@PrincessShmoo -- I've seen them and I think the poster is playing games...just ignore it. There really is no tangible benefit to giving "likes."

As one who does a fair bit of "liking" ;) I just find it a way to say thank you to the person posting the thread or comment. I often feel lacking in words-or at least the correct ones, and it is an effective way to say "Hey, that thing you just said... well, it meant something!" :D (p.s. not a FB fan lol)

As one who does a fair bit of "liking" ;) I just find it a way to say thank you to the person posting the thread or comment. I often feel lacking in words-or at least the correct ones, and it is an effective way to say "Hey, that thing you just said... well, it meant something!" :D (p.s. not a FB fan lol)
OK, suppose there's a thread running. One poster makes a comment about something. A second poster then posts something like "I agree with you" or "You're so right". Then along comes the poster in question who "likes" both posts (in fact "likes" every post on the thread). On lots of threads.

OK, suppose there's a thread running. One poster makes a comment about something. A second poster then posts something like "I agree with you" or "You're so right". Then along comes the poster in question who "likes" both posts (in fact "likes" every post on the thread). On lots of threads.
Not sure, but I'm guessing the person just wants to show they agree, but also have nothing new to add.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter