Limited Time Magic ..... just a huge disappointment!

So I hear mention of soup and I think, "that's right, limited time magic for our week of Feb 4-9 should be announced today, I wonder what's this mention of soup, maybe it's a euphanism for something." So I go and check it out and no....our magic is soup. And a special pre-parade sort of thing that ends the day before we arrive. And soup. :rolleyes2 Good thing I kept my expectations nice and low.

So I hear mention of soup and I think, "that's right, limited time magic for our week of Feb 4-9 should be announced today, I wonder what's this mention of soup, maybe it's a euphanism for something." So I go and check it out and no....our magic is soup. And a special pre-parade sort of thing that ends the day before we arrive. And soup. :rolleyes2 Good thing I kept my expectations nice and low.

So, I guess it's...

images

...well it'd be *slightly* more magical if it was FREE soup...but no, we have to pay (big bucks I'm sure based on the mention of lobster bisque!) for our "magical" soup.....watch out folks, the soup is probably "limited" (in quantity) too. :rotfl2:

I never saw this as a major promotion in the first place. I didn't think of it as 2013's version of "YoaMD" or "100 Years of Magic". I just thought of it as a small extra add-on that was better than nothing.

I just came home last night, and this week there wasn't *any* special event. No harm done. We got the last couple days of "long lost friends", but I don't think I ever saw them. (Had Esmeralda been among them, I might have made more of an effort.)

So I guess the answer is no - I'm not disappointed, because I never saw it as a big deal to start with.

For our trip on Feb. 24th-27th we currently have limited time nothing. I'm so looking forward to that. So, for those of you with soup you should be happy.

It really does look like a super lame promotion. Sadly I had high hopes for it when they announced it.

Every time I look at the page I keep seeing DW get the shaft over DL. Someone has really dropped the ball on this one.

IMO that's what they've been doing so far... January's was long lost friends, which was the most appreciated an d February's seems to be love week.

The rest is all crap.

So, as I'm arriving the day love week is ending, I'm bound to getting crap.

I'll be there. That's all it matters!

Mx

I'll be there the same week as you, and I was kind of thinking the same thing. Love week ens when I get there, so I guess I won't be "feeling the love" the week I am there. Oh well- being there is ALWAYS better than being at home in the snow and cold! Let my own week of Limited Time Magic begin- I'm there, I'll enjoy it!

I never saw this as a major promotion in the first place. I didn't think of it as 2013's version of "YoaMD" or "100 Years of Magic". I just thought of it as a small extra add-on that was better than nothing.

I just came home last night, and this week there wasn't *any* special event. No harm done. We got the last couple days of "long lost friends", but I don't think I ever saw them. (Had Esmeralda been among them, I might have made more of an effort.)

So I guess the answer is no - I'm not disappointed, because I never saw it as a big deal to start with.

Me either. It is not as if they have been running ads on tv saying Limited Time Magic, Watch What We Come Up With!!! People are victims of their own huge expectations.

For me, being at WDW is enough. I don't need them to add anything else extra to make my trip special.

Smilies alone can take care of this one for me...

I never saw this as a major promotion in the first place... So I guess the answer is no - I'm not disappointed, because I never saw it as a big deal to start with.
:thumbsup2

Me either. It is not as if they have been running ads on tv saying Limited Time Magic, Watch What We Come Up With!!! People are victims of their own huge expectations.
:thumbsup2

tick tick tick

Time-Bomb_Lrg_zps0f09a023.gif
:sad2:

Well, I didn't like it because on our most recent trip, we arrived on a Thursday, and left on a Tuesday. So, for the first 'week' we were there, the LTM event was at Epcot; but we weren't planning to be at Epcot until the next Monday (event over!); and the next week, the LTM event was at MK, but, we had already visited MK the Friday before.

I didn't really care about the particular events, but I would imagine that there are a number of people who miss out on the LTM because of the limitations on location (one park) and time (one week). I think a month would have been better; even a month of different LTMs for each park, so you could really partake of it.

Anyway, not like it really bothered me one way or the other, but just thought the execution was not the best.

;)

In the running for

WORST

DISNEY

PROMOTION

EVER.

Yeah, if you think in terms of the committed Disney fans on this kind of board and live far away. For us it's a disappointment.

But for the potential audience whose never been there and locals this is freaking brilliant marketing. Basically Disney gets to make a new announcement every week making the parks sound like they are constantly changing and there is always something be, exciting and fresh to be discovered. Freaking brilliant.

It doesn't work well on those of us who have been fans but think of the effect they are trying to have someone whose never been there or someone who lives close. They hope locals will come for an extra visit and new people will come because they could get something special when they are there. Yep, clever marketing to specific target audiences.

For me, being at WDW is enough. I don't need them to add anything else extra to make my trip special.

But they are running TV adds featuring the Limited Time Magic. Setting up expectations that are bound to go unfulfilled.

Meh. After last years disappointment I didn't have my hopes up anyway, so I can't say I'm either surprised or disappointed. But why didn't they just call it Limited Magic and be done with it. Limited, as in not much of it. I'd rather see no promotion at all than this pitiful effort. Soup. Really??

But they are running TV adds featuring the Limited Time Magic. Setting up expectations that are bound to go unfulfilled.

I must not watch enough TV. I've only heard about LTM on Twitter and here. The only Disney ads I see have nothing to do with LTM. :confused3

I must not watch enough TV. I've only heard about LTM on Twitter and here. The only Disney ads I see have nothing to do with LTM. :confused3

I haven't seen many either. And we have some sort of Disney programming on ALL THE TIME.

I also don't get what people are so upset about. I keep seeing posts whining that "my week" wont have anything. Why the sense of entitlement? DIsney doesn't HAVE to do anything. If your there and can take advantage of it, great, if not, I just dont see the big deal. I will also be there from Feb 24-Mar 1. and I am not concerned in the slightest about what "my" magic will be. For people who proclaim to love Disney so much, all I read on nearly every Disney forum is the miserable things.

*exhales....rant over....sorry!

The use of the term "Limited" in the promotion is very weird to me. It implies that it is less than what it could have been.

Why didn't they call it something like the "The Year of Magic" or something like that.

Dan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter