Limited Time Magic?

Love it! It's basically some new week-long special events throughout the year.

True Love: Celebrate romance and enchantment throughout Valentine’s Week with special moments and entertainment geared to lovebirds. Disney Princes join their Princesses to meet park guests in special settings, prix fixe menus turn up at select restaurants and Valentine’s collectibles will be offered for the week.

Independence Week: It’s red, white and blue as Disney Parks salutes America with a 4th of July Fireworks Party — for an entire week, with patriotic lighting bathing the Disney castles on both coasts. Mickey Mouse appears in his patriotic finest and guests will find special USA shirts, Ear Hats and other limited-edition souvenirs.

Long Lost Friends Week: Lesser-known Disney characters will move from the shadows to the spotlight meet-and-greets on both coasts. Photo opps with characters that could include Flik, Clarabelle Cow, Remy, Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum will surprise and delight guests. And Disney guests even have the chance to vote online for which characters they want to see.

Pirate Week: Why talk like a pirate one day when you could celebrate these scalawags all week long? The adventures of Jack Sparrow come to life like never before during a bicoastal buccaneer bash in which Disneyland and Walt Disney World become pirate-palooza: pirate bands, pirate meet-and-greets and more.

Dapper Dans Sing Boy Bands: The Dapper Dans, the iconic quartet from Main Street, U.S.A., will add a special finale to their show, claiming the title of the “Original Boy Band” and delivering a medley of hits from One Direction, *NSYNC and the Backstreet Boys.

Unleash the Villains: Friday the 13th in September 2013 is a special day, so Disneyland park and Disney’s Hollywood Studios are staying open until the 13th hour (1 a.m.). Maleficent, Captain Hook, Jafar and other Disney Villains host a dance party, complete with limited-edition collectibles and other nighttime mischief.

Golden Horseshoe Revue: The fabled Frontierland show returns to Disneyland park for one month only, bringing back the corny jokes and enduring songs that were often enjoyed by Walt Disney himself.

I think this is a great way to try out new entertainment ideas without necessarily committing to them forever. Any that are hugely popular will most likely come back in subsequent years. :cool1:

Very, very fun! (I wonder what will be happening in December 2013???)

I'm interested mostly in Long Lost Characters Week. I just hope they announce the dates of these weeks early enough so that people who aren't locals (and who have circumstances preventing them from planning a last minute trip) have the opportunity to enjoy them.

Awesome I love this!! Especially long lost characters!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

HelenParr said:
"Limited Time Magic"? I really dislike that. Sounds like an infommercial.

Exactly. Nothing about Disney magic should be seen as limited. Not a fan. Horrid name .

And, nothing is happening yet while we are there.

Are the majority of guests going to miss out?

Sorry. But any time you put the word "limited" in the title, I think you're off to a bad start.

I like the idea of the events they are planning. But the theme name has to go.

I don't think they'll give enough details far enough in advance for me to take advantage though.

I think the name is actually kind of clever. In recent ads they've been using a strategy of reminding people that their time with their kids is limited. The kids are going to grow up, so go NOW. I think this idea fits with that concept well. I also like the idea of something new every week. I think the ideas listed in the blog are meant to just give a taste of what the 52 surprises will be, not an exhaustive list.

I don't think they'll give enough details far enough in advance for me to take advantage though.

I think this is kind of the idea: it's supposed to be a surprise. When you go on your vacation, there will be some little cool and unexpected thing, whichever week(s) of the year you happen to be able to go.

Well it's working on me.... We're less than a month from our last trip, and I promised I'd wait until 2014 for the next trip.... But I just can't resist "unleash the villains"! I'm a huge villains fan and although I said I'd never go back in Sept (too hot & humid) I can't miss that week. What if this is the only time they have it?

Yeah, I'm a sucker. :p

Meh~ I love the themes that last throughout the whole year (or longer ;)) that everyone can enjoy no matter when they go. I think the special theme weeks are cool for the people who are interested in them and are able to go/attend. Not everyone can do that. The holiday themes~ pretty much what they do anyway with a few extras thrown in. Other themes sound fun.

When I read the "theme", I first thought of death~ like I better get magic at WDW in before my time runs out, lol. I know that's very strange, but that was my first reaction. :upsidedow

I think this is kind of the idea: it's supposed to be a surprise. When you go on your vacation, there will be some little cool and unexpected thing, whichever week(s) of the year you happen to be able to go.

I know everyone is different. But I don't spend the cash to book a vacation on what "might" happen. I need a few details to go on. I would probably be tempted to book a special extra weekend to Disney for something concrete I really wanted to do. But not on a "might".

I know a lot of folks booked trips to the MK for the 40th anniversary last year and when it was over went "was that it"?

My guess is that this will be accepted with varying degrees of excitement based on where one lives and how hard it is to GET to Disney. For people who live within driving distance and have APs I can see it being very cool. But for someone who has to mobilize an army just to get there........... completely different.

Raya said:
Well it's working on me.... We're less than a month from our last trip, and I promised I'd wait until 2014 for the next trip.... But I just can't resist "unleash the villains"! I'm a huge villains fan and although I said I'd never go back in Sept (too hot & humid) I can't miss that week. What if this is the only time they have it?

Yeah, I'm a sucker. :p

I want to see them too! But we are going in May.:(

Meh~ I love the themes that last throughout the whole year (or longer ;)) that everyone can enjoy no matter when they go. I think the special theme weeks are cool for the people who are interested in them and are able to go/attend. Not everyone can do that. The holiday themes~ pretty much what they do anyway with a few extras thrown in. Other themes sound fun.

I agree with this completely. This is great for locals. It's great if your vacation happens to align with one of the pre-announced weeks that you're excited about. But I can see it causing a lot of frustration for someone who wants to be a part of Long Lost Characters Week and their vacation occurs during "Stitch's Great Escape Appreciation Week."

elric186 said:
sorry had to get my posts up

There are lots of game posts that help with that.

Peoples trip reports too.

I'd try and avoid spamming the boards like that, people frown on it. And some aren't super nice about it.:)

minniebeth said:

When I read the "theme", I first thought of death~ like I better get magic at WDW in before my time runs out, lol. I know that's very strange, but that was my first reaction. :upsidedow

Yup. Year long seems like the way to go!

Pirate Week: Why talk like a pirate one day when you could celebrate these scalawags all week long? The adventures of Jack Sparrow come to life like never before during a bicoastal buccaneer bash in which Disneyland and Walt Disney World become pirate-palooza: pirate bands, pirate meet-and-greets and more.

This has me very excited....I will definitely plan to be there some time during that week...

I guess it's the difference between "I don't like the possibility of missing out on something other people get to enjoy" versus, "I'm one of the lucky few who got to experience something cool that just happened to coincide with the week we were there."

Since there will be something new every week, I'm guessing there'll be something special for everyone.

On the other hand, you do run the risk that the week before was cooler and/or more to your taste, than the week you actually visited.

This strikes me as something that will bug Dissers (who will know what they missed) more than the folks who just show up and go, "Wow! I had no idea! This is so cool!" The DisBoards is all about doing your research, so you can get access to things other people can't. We like having our hard work rewarded. So randomness bugs us, because we can't plan for it. It feels unfair. ("Why should they get the goodies, when I did all the work? Disney deliberately withheld information from me! Aaagh!")

However the locals and AP folks will definitely have the best time of all. :thumbsup2

As for "limited time"... that'll really depend on how the phrase is used in the marketing. It's not my favourite pair of words, but I'll reserve judgement until I see how they use them. The ice castle is certainly pretty!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter