Lindas Journal - 2-29-2008.. BEWARE EDIETS!!

Ok, having computer probs. here. I had just typed in my stuff yesterday and we took a surge during a storm here and just as I hit reply...poof! So heres what I had yesterday.
B- banana muffin-yummy
L- baked chicken and cheesy potatos-yummy
S- mozzerella cheese and cracker
D- florentine turkey meatloaf and italian veggies. Ummm...no. This wasnt good. The veggies were all garlic and the turkey was bland and dry.
S- cause of dinner...special K cereal
milk

cals came to 1369
sodium was 1800ish ( I knew it yesterday)

today

B- blueberry muffin-yummy
L- cheesy penne pasta- yummy
S- chocolate pudding
D- roast pork oilaf w/ green beans....not too good.
S- special K
milk

cals 1310
sodium-1414

nite

:hippie:

Yesterday at work I was in bad pain all day. My muscles were so sore like I had been massively exercising or something. I put it to the fact that I only had 3 hours sleep. But today I slept in late (after taking kev to school) and the aches are still there. I slept off and on all day, really tired and sore. I dont know if I am getting sick, I have a little bit of a cold, but this doesnt seem like that. Could be a side effect maybe?

Anyway, i had the honey nut cheerios and hard boiled egg for breakfast, but was so groggy and not very hungry so I decided to save my food for saturday. I made pesto quiche for dinner and had an oatmeal cookie.

Went to the store and bought some fruit, oranges bananas and apples.

my cals today, even not on the diet were ok. 1335, which includes a glass of milk later.

I dont know the sodium, it might be kinda bad from the pesto.

Hey, Linda! Hope you aren't getting sick! :wizard:

Food sounds like it is mostly a winner :thumbsup2 that is good.

Take it easy and no getting sick! :wizard:

I think the sore muscles were a side effect from the new medicine. Anyway, I'm fine now. I went to the gym on friday last week. (just 1 day, I know)

the weekend was super-bowl bad. We had food at work. Lots of yummy stuff. I am back on track today, and will have no days off this week.

Last weeks weigh in was 210.

todays food-

B- banana and 1/2 whole wheat bagel w/ cream cheese

L- beef and noodles
2861-368-dtl.jpg

S- mozzerella and wheat cracker
3932-9543-dtl.jpg

D- spaghetti and meatballs and veggies
9127-8003-dtl.jpg

S- milk

calories- 1280

sodium-2044

everything was good except the veggies with dinner. Some sort of vinegary flavor on them (yuck)

I am packing gym clothes for after work tomorrow so that I can go directly to the gym before I come home (hope that works)

nite

Hey, Linda! How goes it?

Hope you are treking to the gym often :thumbsup2

Are you still enjoying the ediets food?

BTW, Love your Obama siggie!! :cheer2:

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks for checking in Amber.

I got sooooo sick. It has been like a week and a half. I am finally back at work, but still coughing a lot.

I almost gave up on the ediet food, cuz when I was sick everything tasted horrible, but now that I am not taking medicine its okay again. I wasnt paying attention to the diet tho, so I am back starting over again, I guess. Oh well. I didnt gain any weight tho. But no exercise for 2 weeks.

I havent checked any journals so i am out of the loop!

nite

Well, the ediets delivery thing was a complete nitemare!

Heres what happened. I havent posted for awhile, partly because I have been on hold for 2 weeks.

For some reason, the deliciously yours website was changed. And they screwed it up royally. I mean a huge mess. You used to just click on your food, and it was changed. You had a good amount of time to look it over and make changes. In my case, my order had to be complete by monday afternoon, and I was billed on wednesday, food arrived saturday, weeks meals started sunday. Simple huh?

2 weeks ago I went to the site and it was all changed. It took awhile just to FIND the area where you oder the food and make changes. Then when you did, it would only let you chage one item, then you would have to go back to the home page and start all over again. It literally took hours to do.

So this was the first time I called. I was at that time just complaining, and saying I would have to cancel if something wasnt done. I couldnt reach an actual person, just the "overflow call service". So I insisted that a message be taken, along with my phone number and email.

On the website it gives you several contact options, email, phone, a mini email type contact window and live chat. Live chat apparently doesnt actually exist, at least when I click on it, it just returns you to the help page. I attempted all the others. When you try the web contact, it tells you to call, and when you call, it tells you to attempt web contact. Lovely.

So my goal at first is to get this FIXED. I like the food, and I want to just be able to order what I want. I call everyday and email everyday. I am supposed to be contacted within 24 hours (HAHA). No contact.

By tuesday, I decide I better start on my new meals or they will be messed up. I log in and look at my delivery thats already out. IT IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT FOOD! Nothing that I ordered! NOTHING! I then look at the scheduled next weeks food and it says I have 12 hours to complete it. What? Its tuesday, my order doesnt have to be in til monday!

Looking further at the calenday they have, it shows my shipments at completely random times! The next delivery is scheduled just 2 days after the one thats shipping now. What?

So I call and call and call, spending literally 3 or 4 hours on hold. On wednesday I finally talk to someone there. I tell her I want to "suspend" my deliveries until they get this straightened out. Nice of me I think. She says no, cant do that. Just have to cancel. So I cancel and ask for a refund for the wrong food (I hadnt recieved yet, but it wrong on the computer and I dont want to pay for whatI didnt order). She says she can only credit for specific meals. So I look it over and decide which I can eat, and which I wont and agree to a partial refund.

So low and behold on friday, 2 days after cancellation, my account is charged AGAIN!. I try contact again of course. Left messages with any one who ever aswered (overflow call service). Saturday my 1st order of food arrives. Its not the food I ordered and its NOT THE FOOD ON THE COMPUTER EITHER. So what I agreed to partial refund for was wrong. There is nothing in this order I want at all.

So I start requesting refunds for the 2 orders and asking again for cancellation. The money is coming out of my checking account, and I consider it now to be fraud. I sent emails and more calls.

I finally got an email notice for cancellation, but they refused to refund. The email says, per agreement, I have to talk to a supervisor via telephone to get a refund. YEAH RIGHT. It has been 15 days of attempted contact now. I am exhausted of it frankly.

I am on hold now.

Oh, NO! Linda that's terrible! Keep at them until you get a FULL REFUND!!

That really stinks because it seemed like good food and pretty easy to begin with.

Hope this hasn't derailed you too bad!

Miss ya buddy! :hug: Hope we can get back on track together soon! :hippie:

thanks Amber! I really am not too far off track. Until last saturday, I had previous food I had ordered. I just went and bought a bunch of lean cuisine, and am eating that for now. It has a bit too much sodium, so we will see how it goes.

I do have to pass my physical next week.

I got really bad news tonite and it has shook me up a bit. Last week we got news at work that one of our fellow controllers, who retired last summer, had a heart attack. After he retired , he went to work for a contracter at the training center in OK. City. He was training the new hires when they went back to radar school. A nice cushy job, he could just do it for a few months a year if he wanted.

Anyway, he had a heart attack. They did a quadruple bypass. He was doing fine and they said he would go home this weekend. I wasnt too worried, my dad has had 2 heart attacks and he is fine now, so I was not too worried, since this guy is younger. When they were running the tests they found something they didnt like tho, and made him take more tests. Now he has bone cancer. Apparently pretty far along, they are not giving him a very good prognosis. He is coming back home. They really made it sound like he was coming home to die. I hope and pray I am wrong, and he can overcome this. This is a vibrant guy. He cant be done yet. He hasnt even been retired for a year yet. So say a little prayer for him.

nite

Linda.....18 days is a long time....you ok girl???

(just cuz i'm not posting doesn't mean you can quit!!)
marie

Hey, Linda!

That is terrible about your friend :sad1: sending lots of pixiedust: his way. It is really so sad to me how often people retire and prepare to finally really enjoy their life only to find out that they have some major problem or pass away so early :sad1: It really makes you evaluate your life.

How did the physical go? I hope well! Remember to take care of yourself!! :hug:

check in and let us know how its going :goodvibes

I know I havent been posting much. I have just been crazy behind in pretty much everything.

I did pass my physical. and that means I only have to pass 2 more until I retire, and no more EKGs.

I have been horrible sick for 2 full months now, couging and coughing. Today was my first cough drop-free day. Finally I think I am getting well.

The ediets thing is still unresolved. I thought it was over, 2 weeks ago I finally got someone to speak to me and promise me a refund. They said it would take 3 days. Its 2 weeks later and nothing, so I guess I have to call again.

Now, for my weekend TADA!!!! Its NCAA TIME BABY!!!!

And my team ROCKS! YES, I spent the weekend in Birmingham for the NCAA tournament games. It was a blast! So much fun. I didnt get home til 3 am monday morning, but we had fun. Took my mom, Kev and his friend Brandon. Unfortuantely, I cant get off this week for the sweet 16, but my mom is going.

LOUISVILLE_OKLAHOMA_29.jpg

Okay, so that sort of catches me up. I forgot to mention that someone hit my brand new car while I was parked waiting for valet at the hotel. that sucked. Oh, and , no offence, but Birmingham kind of sucks too. I was expecting more. Well something anyway. I did go see the botanical gardens, that was nice. But the city was lame.

my computer is freezing up

Welcome back Linda!! :thumbsup2
I know what ya mean about B'ham.....not much to see. Be glad you didn't go to the zoo....it really SUCKS!!!
Sorry to hear about your car....don't ya hate that! Hope it's fixable.
Oh....you suck!! you got to go to the games??!! I don't know who your guys are but all i can say is

GO MEMPHIS GO!!!!!:cheer2: :cheer2:

sorry, had to do it!!
check out my new journal....It's the liposuction one....i don't know how to make it link to here. (although I think I'm gonna change the name....)

have a good day!!
marie

Well, we didnt beat Memphis (yet) but we beat the guys down the road.

We kicked tennessees butt!

Go Cards!

ss-080327-ncaa-update-teasevsmall.jpg

Well, my cards lost.:guilty: they had a really good year tho, and I am proud of them. They just couldnt quite get over the hump against UNC>

I got part of my money back from ediets. finally. It wasnt that they refunded it tho, my bank took care of it thru the dispute process on the charge. They still owe me 75$ or so tho.

I leave for vacation in 4 days, so thats all I am worrying about now. I cant wait. I will take a bazillion pics this year.

Oh and Marie, your Memphis Tigers look awesome. I had doubted them earlier, mostly just because they play mostly patsies over there in conf. USA, but they are really taking it to everyone now. Of course, Calipari may still choke ;) but I think they could win wothout him.

nite

I AM PACKING!

Well not really packing, but doing laundry and figuring out the packing stuff.

printing out maps to the hotels. emailing the other parents with info. setting up the dvd players. charging the camera batteries. making lists.

tomorrow I have to get the oil changed, take the dog to the kennel, get food for the trip (sandwich stuff) clean the house (hate coming home to a dirty house) pack up and pack the car.

We leave at 1130 on friday.

wish me luck

and say a little prayer for a sunny week in orlando ok? I am so sick of rain.

WOW, Linda!! Your trip kind of crept up on me!!

HAVE LOTS OF FUN!!!

Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter