Linking Magic Band

Sparkle51

Earning My Ears
We are staying at dolphin so we don't have magic bands, but we are going to purchase them.

Should we buy them now and have them linked prior to my fastpass selection (trip is august)

or can i link them after i do fastpasses easily?

You can link them whenever. As long as you have tickets linked, you can make FP.

Doesn't matter which you do.
Linking works the same way whether you do it before or after you make your FP+ selections.
You just use the code on the back of the band to link it to your account.
Just be sure you link it to the proper person because once its linked its linked.
The key thing is that you have your tickets linked before your FP+ selections can be made.

As pp have said, as long as you have a ticket linked to your MDE account and can make your FPs, you can link the MB anytime. I would do it as soon as you get the MB, just to be sure it linked correctly and MDE recognizes it.

We stayed at the Dolphin four years ago when magic bands were brand new... we made our FP at home and purchased bands in HS on our arrival day (we did a half day in HS). The CM at check out linked our bands for us.

Flash forward four years... we just returned a couple of weeks ago from a trip staying again at Dolphin, used our same magic bands from four years ago. I bought some cute decals from etsy and we had a magic band decorating session at home before our trip. A lady on a bus one morning asked me which special version was my band because she wanted to buy one- I had put the peace, heart, Mickey Mouse decals on mine. :thumbsup2

Each person has an identity in your MDE account.

You link a ticket to a person's identity in MDE. Then you can book fastpasses for that person.

If you buy a Magic Band for someone, you link the Magic Band to that person's identity in MDE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter