List of Blue card vs White card benefits

esulerzy

Mouseketeer
Does a nice concise list exist for benefits / differences between a blue card vs a white card? I'm not finding anything so I'm sure I'm not looking in the right places. Thanks

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/discounts-perks-offers/
White card gets....
Top of the World Lounge
Free DVD rental (borrowing)
Pool Hopping

Blue card gets everything else in addition.

All point stays (member or not) get free resort parking for the length of stay.
White Card also gets the privilege of putting using their points via RCI, whatever that's worth.

There's other benefits too, even if people don't think of them that way. Free laundry, 60 day FastPass booking window, Extra Magic Hour access, free parking at the theme parks, etc.

A good listing of the many different discounts is at Mouse Perks. I found this really helpful to determine the value of a blue card to me.

White Card also gets the privilege of putting using their points via RCI, whatever that's worth.

There's other benefits too, even if people don't think of them that way. Free laundry, 60 day FastPass booking window, Extra Magic Hour access, free parking at the theme parks, etc.

DVC does NOT provide free parking at the theme parks. Staying on site does that, blue or white card, while staying at WDW includes free parking for the parks.

Does the white card allow you “in” to the member only paid events such as wine tastings at WL?

White Card can go to the resort activities, like any resort guest, but not the DVC events.

The AKL wine tasting, for example, is open to anyone who pays. I've heard of some paid DVC event one-offs, like a painting class or a special discount on massages or something. Maybe the WL wine tasting is one of those? Some of these are DVC events, some are resort events. The DVC events seem to be so rare and small and sold out, that it probably wouldn't even be possible to try to book with a white card.

If there are ever wine tastings again, I guess they could be in either category.

More confused now.
Along with everything else to keep track of.

At least in the last few years, there have been a handful of non-Moonlight magic special events.

Like Moonlight Magic, they book up right away. The trend definitely seems to be going towards less special events for DVC, and currently no special events at all.

Been a DVC owner for quite a few years now, so we haven't really paid attention to the white card vs blue card, but i have a few questions. We are in the market to buy a smaller HHI contract and are considering resale, how would that work? We have an original Blue card contract and then buy a addon white card contract, what would take precedent?

We are a little confused here.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Been a DVC owner for quite a few years now, so we haven't really paid attention to the white card vs blue card, but i have a few questions. We are in the market to buy a smaller HHI contract and are considering resale, how would that work? We have an original Blue card contract and then buy a addon white card contract, what would take precedent?

Only thing that impacts you is that the resale contract can't be used at RIV or future new resorts.

As long as you don't sell all of your contract(s) that currently qualify, you keep it. Otherwise, Terri Schultz will meet you poolside with a paper shredder and will confiscate/destroy it.

I have 1000 points of which only 155 are direct.
That allows me blue card and to book RVA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter