List your WDW canceled rooms here for continued resort closure news/updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone with a partial May/June reservation called to see if they'll allow you to switch your reservation starting June 1st?
Hope someone reports on THIS. I know it's just a week to find out... but that sounds like an eternity at this moment (patience is not my super power)

"offer is valid only for Guests who booked a vacation package or room reservation to stay at a Disney Resort hotel from March 16 through May 31, 2020 (even if the park opens before then). The offer not valid for reservations cancelled before March 1, 2020."

That was the original announcement. Will be interesting to see if its updated.
Geez, you'd hope the dining offer would be extended for cancellations through the closure, especially since they're keeping people on the hook as little as a couple weeks before their arrival date. Good luck!

We also received our cancellation email today:
Dates: May 24-30
Resort: POFQ-Garden View, Cash
State: Ohio

Just received the email, we were scheduled may 28th-June 4th free dining bounce back that ends on May 31st cbr preferred room cash

It came 😢

WDW resort days canceled (give your check in and out dates): 5/25-5/27
How did WDW inform you of this cancellation: email
What resort: Yacht Club
What room level/view (club, standard, pool, etc): Garden view standard
How you paid (Cash or DVC): cash
What state do you live in...according to your MDX profile :Florida

Geez, you'd hope the dining offer would be extended for cancellations through the closure, especially since they're keeping people on the hook as little as a couple weeks before their arrival date. Good luck!
I suspect those who just got cancelled can get the free dining offer. Not sure anyone has tried yet.

So when does Disney change the dates on the dated tickets in MDE if you've been cancelled? I just checked and not changed yet. We are rescheduled for 7/13 so will need to make FP soon.

Got the cancellation for a 5/31-6/2 hotel reservation. We all know more cancellations are coming at this point. Disney doesn't know when they will be open so its hard to reschedule and honestly at this point they dont even know WHAT will be open. It could be just hotels and disney springs or at most 1 park to start. They are staggering them so that the call center isn't overwhelmed. Remember they are working at home and talking to lots of disappointed people, the opposite of usual. Not what they signed up for. Alot of other call centers probably pay alot better. Disney is trying to spread the cancellations out and not send them all at once on these poor phone agents thrown into a totally different job.

WDW resort days canceled (give your check in and out dates): 5/25-5/30
How did WDW inform you of this cancellation: email
What resort: Riviera Resort
What room level/view (club, standard, pool, etc): 1-bedroom preferred view
How you paid (Cash or DVC): cash
What state do you live in...according to your MDX profile : Mississippi

We had a split stay booked with our first night being on May 23 and then checking into another resort on May 24. Last week we received a cancellation notice for the May 23 stay. That e-mail mentioned the free dining offer. However, the email we received last night for the May 24 reservation did not mention the free dining offer. It just stated that we could call to reschedule for a later time this year if we wish to reschedule.

I just checked Disney's website and it still has the free dining offer listed. I find it interesting that the email this week did not mention the free dining promotion.

WDW resort days canceled (give your check in and out dates) - May 24-26
How did WDW inform you of this cancellation - Email
What resort - All-Star Music
What room level/view (club, standard, pool, etc) - Standard
How you paid (Cash or DVC) - Cash
What state do you live in...according to your MDX profile - Louisiana

This was a room only reservation. No offer was given in the email.

WDW resort days canceled - May 23-30
How did WDW inform you of this cancellation - verbally when I called in
What resort - All Star Sports
What room level - Standard
How you paid - Cash
What state do you live in - Illinois

We are AP holders and had 3 rooms. I called this morning to put myself out of my misery since I hadn't received an email but she verbally confirmed that they will indeed be closed through May 31.

It would be interesting if you're not cancelled because the MK resorts/MK only opening first rumor is true!
The park hours have already updated to being closed for that period, including MK. Some guests haven’t been receiving the cancellation email until much closer to their check in date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter