• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

List your WDW canceled rooms here for continued resort closure news/updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all! I followed up with my friend for details after all the questions here. I think some of you may have been right about it being an app issue. After a few tries, logging out/in, and deleting the app and reinstalling: their reservation is now showing up in the app BUT they cannot do online check in. IT SEEMS LIKE disney flopped the switch on some things in June, maybe that’s what gave them the error? My apologies, I was not trying to spread false info at all. I was just shocked by their report and wanted to share! Something does seem to be up with check ins though

I have July 19-24 and get an error message when I try to do online check in.
I just did online check in with my 6/12 ressie to see if I could - Success.
I also was fiddling with my FP+ and noticed Frozen Singalong and Indiana Jones are unavailable every day I looked. Thought this was strange.

I just tried to see how much tickets were for June 1. We only booked room reservation because we were kinda waiting to see what would actually be open and what ticket would be best. It won't show any prices for June and nor can I make any dining res except for Disney springs restaurants that are opening as of the 20th. Not thinking it's promising to be open in June. 🥺

I just tried to see how much tickets were for June 1. We only booked room reservation because we were kinda waiting to see what would actually be open and what ticket would be best. It won't show any prices for June and nor can I make any dining res except for Disney springs restaurants that are opening as of the 20th. Not thinking it's promising to be open in June. 🥺
Only July 1 as of Thursday or Friday I believe. Crossing our fingers that a miracle happens and our June trip pans out... but I agree with you. It’s not looking promising.

Early June isn't happening for theme parks

Disney doesn't have time to get staff back , rehired, and get it's massive supply chain running in time. None of that has started. You don't flip on a massive operation like Disney it will take WEEKS we saw this in Shanghai they were testing things and delivery trucks started weeks before it was announced on quarterly earnings call. Orlando is silent. Theme parks Not opening anytime soon

As stated very clearly above they are doing week by week because the poor call center staff is flooded. Early June will get cancelled probably end of this week.

Disney doesn't have time to get staff back , rehired, and get it's massive supply chain running in time. None of that has started. You don't flip on a massive operation like Disney it will take WEEKS we saw this in Shanghai they were testing things and delivery trucks started weeks before it was announced on quarterly earnings call. Orlando is silent. Not opening anytime soon

And beyond just that you have to go modify everything for social distancing in ways likely to be similar to shanghai and to my knowledge that work hasn't started and as large as WDW is that process is going to take a while (which could point to one park opeing at a time so they can focus on modifying one park, open it, then work on modifying the next park)

Disney doesn't have time to get staff back , rehired, and get it's massive supply chain running in time. None of that has started. You don't flip on a massive operation like Disney it will take WEEKS we saw this in Shanghai they were testing things and delivery trucks started weeks before it was announced on quarterly earnings call. Orlando is silent. Theme parks Not opening anytime soon

As stated very clearly above they are doing week by week because the poor call center staff is flooded. Early June will get cancelled probably end of this week.
I tend to agree. I held out hope for early June for a long time, but I think we would see signs by now of prep work.

WDW resort days canceled (give your check in and out dates) - May 16 - 22
How did WDW inform you of this cancellation - Removed from the App / Website (No e-mail)
What resort - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Kidani Village
What room level/view (club, standard, pool, etc) - Savanna View
How you paid (Cash or DVC) - DVC

I didn’t wait to be cancelled...my daughter and I were scheduled for June 9-13. I spoke to my Dreams agent on the phone this morning and we are now rescheduled for October. No special recovery promo at the moment, but she said she will apply it if/when they launch one.

A bit sad that we don’t get to go next month, but we are looking forward to experiencing our first Halloween party!

My Disney trip for the week of June 14 to June 20 just got canceled. We had a trip with a charter flight booked through Boscov’s Travel in Pennsylvania. The travel agent let us know at 3:30 by email that they were contacted by Disney this morning and canceled. We were staying at French Quarter, Standard View.

I did not know Boscov's did travel!

I did not know Boscov's did travel!
Yes, it’s really nice because they do a few charter packages during the year to Disney. They charter a plane from Southwest and they fly out of Lancaster, Reading and I think Harrisburg. Since it a charter and you’re flying out of much smaller airports there’s really no security lines to deal with and no over crowding on the plane

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter