liv luvs disney's 2nd TR attempt

Oops, I submitted before I was finished.

You really shouldn't post things like that around here... You know how we are... ;)

100_2128.jpg

100_2136.jpg

100_2139.jpg

It looks like everyone was showing you their "good" side! :rolleyes1

Some people are leg people, some are breast people. I guess she is a butt person.

Yay! You're back - I thought your thread was going to get taken over by some Fiends - they were scheming! :rotfl2:
Glad to hear everyone is on the mend!

I think the tigers are dead. They were in that same position when we were there.

Liv,sweety, this is just a awesome report, :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

We are gonna meet up one day,,right ??

Kinda silly to live this close an not too.

I bet Grammy is a lot of fun, We would love to take her when we go in December, You did say she cooks for you all, right?:laughing: ....:rotfl::rotfl2:

Great pics!!! Loved it!
Thanks, Lug. BTW, I'm from right outside of Jax, but I've been in TN 17 years now.

Yay! You're back - I thought your thread was going to get taken over by some Fiends - they were scheming! :rotfl2:
Glad to hear everyone is on the mend!
Scheming? This bunch?:lmao:

I think the tigers are dead. They were in that same position when we were there.
I declare they were in that same position when we were there last year! They may be dead.:eek:

Liv,sweety, this is just a awesome report, :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

We are gonna meet up one day,,right ??

Kinda silly to live this close an not too.
You better believe we're gonna meet up. In fact, the sooner, the better!:thumbsup2

No she did not.

He's been a bad boy! ;)

Glad you're back Olivia! Love the pics!
KFK, you better get to cookin' girl! Your man is a-wantin' him some shrimp!!

:woohoo:

Ok, so I'm thinking I have a really good idea for a Christmas gift for Liv. A pillow. :rotfl2:

It might be just a tad more comfortable than leaning your head against the wall.
We have about 20 pillows in the camper. I was just too tired to get up and get one.

I'm so looking forward to your TR.:rolleyes1

Actually I am!!! :thumbsup2 I just don't like the scaly or furry ones! :lmao:
I'm not sure how to reply to that one!:lmao:

I bet Grammy is a lot of fun, We would love to take her when we go in December, You did say she cooks for you all, right?:laughing: ....:rotfl::rotfl2:
Grammy does cook and she does it well! (Just ask my hips and thighs!) I'll make a deal with you. I'll let Grammy tag along in December, but I have to come to keep her in line.;)

On day 5 we planned on staying around the Fort, but Grammy was out of cigarettes and Goody powders so we ventured outside of the confines of Disney.:scared1: I'll tell you about that in a bit.

Gage and I got up and rode our bikes while it was still quite early. The first thing we saw was:
100_2173.jpg

Mr. Bob had gotten in in the wee hours of the morning and was just setting things up. He was super nice and we told him we'd stop by later.

More early morning scenes:
100_2174.jpg

100_2175.jpg

100_2176.jpg

100_2177.jpg

100_2178.jpg

100_2179.jpg

100_2181.jpg

100_2183.jpg

100_2184.jpg

100_2185.jpg

100_2186.jpg

100_2187.jpg

100_2188.jpg

While heading back to the camper, look who we ran into:
100_2189.jpg

It was Grammy and she thought she was going to the Trading Post to send a quick e-mail on their wi-fi. I tried to tell her it would cost $10 and she did not believe me. I felt so sorry for the TP employees for having to deal with her.:rolleyes1 We acted like we didn't know her and off we went. And just in case you're wondering, yes, that's a garbage bag she has her laptop in. I've told ya'll before that we are rednecks.

By this time, Mr. Bob had gotten a few more things up.
100_2190.jpg

100_2191.jpg

Okay 2 things I was not standing in line for when God was passing them out was creativity and sense of direction. (I'm certain I missed this because I was off talking to someone.) Sometimes, I am able to "copy" something I like as far as creativity goes, but I'm completely helpless when it comes to direction!

I had talked to Donnie the day we arrived and asked him how to get to the nearest store in which he was very patient when telling me, but it had been 4days since I talked to him and I was NOT calling him to ask again. Instead, I asked our neighbor who I had talked to many times (imagine that) and felt like they were kindred spirits. The directions sounded simple, so off we went. We finally found a Wal-Mart, though I know it was not the Wal-Mart we had been given directions to. In fact, it felt like we were bordering Tampa before we actually found any Wal-Mart. But by-ned, we found one! Grammy bought a vacuum cleaner, rugs for her guest bath at home, garbage cans, pint size freezer bags for putting up peas when we got home, and enough groceries to survive for a month of Sundays! We looked like the Clampets when we left that place. But if we never found our way to the Fort or back home for that matter, we could survive in her Envoy for quite some time.

We were back on a hunt for a certain place, but it could not be "any" Wal-Mart, it had to be "THE" Fort. Shortly after getting back on the road, I spotted a Chick-fil-A. Now, that is the only fast food I like! It wasn't that we didn't have anything to eat, but we sure could use some sweet tea. And while we were there, we might as well get some chicken and fries.:rolleyes1 I asked the employee how to get back to Magic Kingdom. (I knew if I could head in the direction of MK, I surely could find the Fort. Right?) She either didn't speak english, my accent was hard to understand, or no one knew where the MK was.:confused3 It took 4 employees to finally come help me. I didn't have a good feeling about their directions. It was probably because I couldn't understand a word they were saying.:confused3 But, I just politely smiled and nodded my head as she was giving them. I took a chance and got on the road. Within 15 minutes we were right where we needed to be. I am not sure why it took us nearly 2 hours to get to Wal-Mart and only 20 minutes to get back, but I didn't care. These scenes were comforting.

100_2192.jpg

100_2193.jpg

100_2194.jpg

On day 5 we planned on staying around the Fort, but Grammy was out of cigarettes and Goody powders so we ventured outside of the confines of Disney.:scared1: I'll tell you about that in a bit.

While heading back to the camper, look who we ran into:
100_2189.jpg

It was Grammy and she thought she was going to the Trading Post to send a quick e-mail on their wi-fi. I tried to tell her it would cost $10 and she did not believe me. I felt so sorry for the TP employees for having to deal with her.:rolleyes1 We acted like we didn't know her and off we went. And just in case you're wondering, yes, that's a garbage bag she has her laptop in. I've told ya'll before that we are rednecks.

I had to look up Goody powders. I have never heard about those before. Is that something they just sell in the south?

I really enjoyed meeting your mom. She was great! I also see nothing wrong with the garbage bag laptop bag. It is good camouflage if hoodlums come around that might steal it and you never know when it is going to rain. ;)

Okay 2 things I was not standing in line for when God was passing them out was creativity and sense of direction. (I'm certain I missed this because I was off talking to someone.) Sometimes, I am able to "copy" something I like as far as creativity goes, but I'm completely helpless when it comes to direction!

Grammy bought a vacuum cleaner, rugs for her guest bath at home, garbage cans, pint size freezer bags for putting up peas when we got home, and enough groceries to survive for a month of Sundays! We looked like the Clampets when we left that place. But if we never found our way to the Fort or back home for that matter, we could survive in her Envoy for quite some time.

That sounds like what Bruce would try to buy at Wal-mart on vacation if he had room to get it home!

Liv thanks for allowing us to tag along and relive the Fort experience through

your great TR. Glad ya’ll had a good time. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Loving the trip trip report!!
I'm especially glad to see you have a teenage boy who looks like he's still enjoying the world! My DS is almost 9 and I worry that someday soon, he won't think it's cool anymore. (I guess if that ever happens, I'll just have to trade him in for a newer model! :rotfl:)
Anyway, I'm enjoying your report. Can't wait for more!!!
Misty

Olivia-

Your newest photos are great. Your DD got some great wildlife shots.

But, I have to tell you, I wish you hadn't posted a photo of Grammy.

I was picturing something more along the lines of Granny Clampett (in case any young'ins don't know her-look in FtWildernessGuy's signature up at the top of this page).

TCD

Cigarettes and Goody Powders?! Trash bags as laptop cases? :scared1:
YA'LL ARE REDNECKS! :lmao: J/K ;)

I'm glad Grammy will be able to put up peas. It's good to be prepared.

DH will NOT get shrimp until he learns to behave!

That is my final word. :rolleyes1

Seriously, great TR Olivia. :goodvibes

I had to look up Goody powders. I have never heard about those before. Is that something they just sell in the south?

I really enjoyed meeting your mom. She was great! I also see nothing wrong with the garbage bag laptop bag. It is good camouflage if hoodlums come around that might steal it and you never know when it is going to rain. ;)

That sounds like what Bruce would try to buy at Wal-mart on vacation if he had room to get it home!
I can't believe you've never heard of Goody powders. First, you don't care for seafood, now this! I may have to rethink our friendship.:rolleyes1 JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!!! Have you ever heard of BC powders? I guess it's like Sprite and 7-Up. BC is Goody's competition. Well, My Dad will only take a BC powder so my parents are at odds over their "powders.":lmao:

My Mom thought you were the best thing since sliced bread! Honestly, she has been a bit leery of friends from the internet, but after meeting you, she thinks this DIS stuff is pretty neat. I warned her if she ever wanted to lurk to ONLY check out the camping section!! She also met Donnie one day while the kids and I were at Typhone Lagone. She even invited him into the camper to chat! Later, Donnie told me he felt like he had gotten to know Grammy better than me.:snooty:

Liv thanks for allowing us to tag along and relive the Fort experience through

your great TR. Glad ya’ll had a good time. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2
Anytime! I'm hoping to finish this thing up before you and KFK head back down next year!

Oh and please behave so that sweet wife of yours will cook you up some shrimp!!

Loving the trip trip report!!
I'm especially glad to see you have a teenage boy who looks like he's still enjoying the world! My DS is almost 9 and I worry that someday soon, he won't think it's cool anymore. (I guess if that ever happens, I'll just have to trade him in for a newer model! :rotfl:)
Anyway, I'm enjoying your report. Can't wait for more!!!
Misty
Well, the 14 year old was not ecstatic about coming this year, but he couldn't stand the thought of us doing something fun and eating all the junk we wanted for ten days and him not. So, he decided to tag along.:rolleyes:

Olivia-

Your newest photos are great. Your DD got some great wildlife shots.

But, I have to tell you, I wish you hadn't posted a photo of Grammy.

I was picturing something more along the lines of Granny Clampett (in case any young'ins don't know her-look in FtWildernessGuy's signature up at the top of this page).

TCD
:rotfl2: She might not look like Granny Clampett, but she can get "right" if the need arises!

Gage took the morning wildlife shots, but Gretchen took the evening shots and they are much better. I'll post those as soon as I'm finished teaching Physical Science and Algebra.:woohoo:

Cigarettes and Goody Powders?! Trash bags as laptop cases? :scared1:
YA'LL ARE REDNECKS! :lmao: J/K ;)

I'm glad Grammy will be able to put up peas. It's good to be prepared.

DH will NOT get shrimp until he learns to behave!

That is my final word. :rolleyes1

Seriously, great TR Olivia. :goodvibes
Redneck to the core and proud of it! I even have the duck-taped vacuum cleaner to prove it.:thumbsup2 (As you already know, Grammy bought herself a new one at the Wal-Mart.)

I swear, my parents have 5 freezers at their house! 2 are in the attached garage, 2 are in the detached garage, and 1 is in their house. EVERY freezer is stuffed with food. Most of it is veggies from their garden and lots of fish from their family pond! Anybody that goes to visit them leaves with food!

I told your DH to behave himself. It's in his ball court now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter