South of Spain, next to the existing major theme park. As we have seen, theme parks can co-exist and even thrive (WDW, Universal, Sea World) and the South of Spain enjoys year round lovely weather and cheap land :)

I don't think Disney would put a park anywhere without local partners and a stable government. I'm not sure Brazil fits the later even if they find the former. If Disney is going to build a new park and absorb all of the costs I think you'll see either a 5th park in FL or a 3rd in CA before a new on in a foreign country.

I don't think Disney would put a park anywhere without local partners and a stable government. I'm not sure Brazil fits the later even if they find the former. If Disney is going to build a new park and absorb all of the costs I think you'll see either a 5th park in FL or a 3rd in CA before a new on in a foreign country.
I agree, this is a much more sound business plan. Especially considering how long the parks in China have been closed for Covid compared to the domestic parks.

In the metaverse, so folks don't have to leave their homes. We're not remotely there. Maybe in 50 years.
"In the year 5555
"Your arms hangin' limp at your sides
"Your legs got nothin' to do
"Some machine's doin' that for you

Not in Europe, with Europe being relatively small, there would be cannibalization with Disneyland Paris if it is anywhere in the West. Eastern Europe could be an option, but politically that might be complicated.

I think Australia is a better option.

And I would be curious if they could make it work in South Africa, for example.

How about Italy? Disney is popular there.
Because Disneyland Paris is close by. Italy was dropped from the list in the 1980s because of lack of flat land.

I wonder if italy is a themepark minded country.

Italy's biggest themepark Gardaland does about 3 million visitors a year (less than 5% of the population). That is relatively not a lot when you compare it to the 6 million French people who visit Disneyland Paris (about 10%).

Not in Europe, with Europe being relatively small, there would be cannibalization with Disneyland Paris if it is anywhere in the West. Eastern Europe could be an option, but politically that might be complicated.

I think Australia is a better option.

And I would be curious if they could make it work in South Africa, for example.
I’m not sure about a Disney park in South Africa, consider their economy, and I think that country has enough American stuff in addition to McDonald’s there. I do like the idea of a Disney park in Australia though, but then there would be a problem with snakes, scorpions and spiders roaming around in the park as pests, because those creatures are deadly in Australia.

I’m not sure about a Disney park in South Africa, consider their economy, and I think that country has enough American stuff in addition to McDonald’s there. I do like the idea of a Disney park in Australia though, but then there would be a problem with snakes, scorpions and spiders roaming around in the park as pests, because those creatures are deadly in Australia.
Not sure if it could work in South Africa, but it is an interesting thing to think about. Also don't think it has much of a themepark culture, but Gold Reef City in Johannesburg looks a fun day out.

I think a lot of the world is 'overrun' by American brands and customs ;-) Halloween is getting bigger each year here in Europe, for example. That pumpkin craze for example. Some brands succeed, like MacDonald's and Coca Cola, others fail.

Fun fastfood fact, Wendy's is trying for decades already to open restaurants here in Europe, but they are stopped by one small restaurant in the Netherlands. They have the right to use the name for restaurants for Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg. Which is an issue for Wendy's trying to get the rights for Europe.

Y'know, come to think of it, I don’t think there should be another new "Disneyland" (the kind with the castle, Fantasyland, Tomorrowland, etc.) anymore, considering that those days are likely numbered with where to build it and which country would approve one, and that’s looking to become more difficult. Maybe Disney can start building "Disney parks" (ones, similar to "second gates", that have a single core theme) in other parts of the world (ones with better income) and in the United States. That idea would make a new Disney park be sustainable with another country’s natural setting/aesthetic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter