Loews Card ?

When I booked our stay I was told I was a blue member and could request an ugrade at check in - which I'm great with.

However, I was just checking Loews site and it says that blue is when you have stayed 2+ times, we have only stayed once. When you do a booking does it count as a stay :confused3

I just don't want to get my hopes up as to the potential of an upgrade - and then be shot down at check in.

If we do get an upgrade would it be into a suite as we are already staying club?

yes, two stays qualify you for the blue status.
since you are staying club, there isn't an upgrade, based on the Loews youfirst site, you could get.

peeps usually book the cheapest rooms and then, if they get the free upgrade, do not pay the additional costs for it.

since pbh is large with many rooms, i'm sure some loews members and blue status members do get the upgrade if the room is available.

the platinum status homies can get the free upgrade of a suite.
gold can pay an extra night fee for the suite upgrade at check in time if one is available.

since you are going during December and i don't know if the date is during the peak rate season, i can't give you much advise.
if you are going when the hotel has a high occupancy rate, you might not be able to get any specials. member status doesn't give a peep very much.
blue also has limited perks to it. member status does not get free internet while blue will.

i guess it all depends on how the TM at the check in process wants to handle your situation.
maybe a room on the same floor as the club lounge?
a better view?

i really can't speculate how they will handle your request.

they could hold firm to the loews youfirst rules.

this is from the loews youfirst website.

All upgrades are applicable to certain room and suite types only and subject to availability. Blue members receive a room upgrade, if available, upon arrival. Gold members receive an upgrade to a premium room, if available, guaranteed at time of reservation. Gold members can also enjoy a suite upgrade for only $50 per night, if available upon arrival. Platinum members receive a premium upgrade, if available, guaranteed at time of reservation. Platinum members also receive a suite upgrade, if available at time of reservation, at no additional cost.

I haven't actually stayed twice - only once yet I was told that I am blue?

I've never got a free upgrade anywhere, anytime so if I do it will be a very pleasant surprise.

I emailed the club level concierge about making some dining ressies and she asked if we celebrating anything special and we are, our 20th anniversary, so maybe that will help.

I'm not so sure about the club lounge being on a different floor, I've never had that anywhere I've stayed - both RPR and HRH club are booked full for the time we are there so don't have the option of anything else.

I haven't actually stayed twice - only once yet I was told that I am blue?

I've never got a free upgrade anywhere, anytime so if I do it will be a very pleasant surprise.

I emailed the club level concierge about making some dining ressies and she asked if we celebrating anything special and we are, our 20th anniversary, so maybe that will help.

I'm not so sure about the club lounge being on a different floor, I've never had that anywhere I've stayed - both RPR and HRH club are booked full for the time we are there so don't have the option of anything else.

first let me say, happy early anniversary!

you never know if the TM's at pbh will throw mummy dust your way.
all you can do is ask and if they have the room you want available, it is up to them to make it happen.

when you check in, ask them if you can have a free upgrade as you are there to celebrate the special day.

i have stayed at all 3 hotels on site.
hrh and rph have the club rooms on the same floor as the club lounge.

at pbh, they do not.
your hotel key will be coded to show you are a club guest.
you might not be on the same floor as the club lounge.

thank you!

would it be worth asking? do the deluxe rooms on the main floor have good views or are we better off further up?

I did request a main pool view close to the club lounge - I was also told you can't request a balcony until you check in.

Anything else I should request?

Thanks so much for your great help, I really appreciate it :flower3:

pbh is a very large hotel.

check out a map of the hotel and that might give you a better idea of what location you want for your stay.

some homies want to be near the boat shuttle dock while others want something different.

it sounds like your preference is to be near the club lounge.
i don't blame you on that one.

if you enjoy having your snacks in your room, it could be a good hike from your room to the lounge and back.

check out the thread that is a sticky about the pbh room assignments.
it is the third thread from the top.

you will get other opinions there on what room numbers were favored by prior guests.
you will get some insight to views of certain room numbers.

it is worth it to look at all 9 pages of that thread as you will see some pictures of the view from rooms by pp.

to answer your first question, yes, it is worth it to ask .......

don't be shy about inquiring.

they just might make your day!!

the worse thing they can say is no.

but, you can tell them that you would be willing to move rooms at any time you are there in case an upgrade for free becomes available.

You have no idea how much I appreciate your advice :flower3:- honing in on the "if they say there is no upgrade now, put me on a waiting list" :thumbsup2 love it!!

Also appreciate the advice on looking at the PBH assignments, as per my previous comments I am used to staying on same floor as CL lounge so room location was important.

My motto in life is "worst thing they can say is no" :santa:

Have to be honest though, due to CL location I'm thinking about pursuing availability at HRH and RPR....

I find that calling the hotel a few days before you go and asking some questions and talking really sweetly to them helps a lot in your room assignment. Call and say you were concerned that they didn't get your room request and just wanted to make sure, blah, blah, blah....we're coming from Canada where it is really cold, blah, blah, blah. etc.

We've stayed quite far from the lounge and it really isn't a big deal. You get used to finding your way through the hotel to the lounge.

I know I've read it before, but can't seem to find it. What is the upgrade from a waterview room for a party of 4 at RPR? I'm Loews Blue so I'll be asking at check-in and I'm wondering what to expect.

I know I've read it before, but can't seem to find it. What is the upgrade from a waterview room for a party of 4 at RPR? I'm Loews Blue so I'll be asking at check-in and I'm wondering what to expect.

there is no upgrade for that.

if you book garden view, the free upgrade is a pool view if they have that room available when you check in.

Hello I am thinking of staying at one of the Universal On-site hotels for 1 night. I will be arriving early in the morning and want to spend two days at the two parks. Will I be able to use my express pass, even though I am just staying one night at the hotels. Thanks

Hello I am thinking of staying at one of the Universal On-site hotels for 1 night. I will be arriving early in the morning and want to spend two days at the two parks. Will I be able to use my express pass, even though I am just staying one night at the hotels. Thanks

Yes! You can use your express pass on day of check in and check out. Your room key card will be your express pass.

I applied for the loews first many mos. ago---like last summer; I got a number but not any kind of physical card or anything. Was I supposed to get something in the mail or does it even matter as long as I have the membership #?

I applied for the loews first many mos. ago---like last summer; I got a number but not any kind of physical card or anything. Was I supposed to get something in the mail or does it even matter as long as I have the membership #?
I think as long as you have your number it doesn't really matter but I did recieve a card in the mail

When they switched from Loews First program to the current You First program, they discontinued giving out cards.

Just when I was expecting my platinum card too... :mad:

That's okay...as long as you have a number...or, they at least have you in their system.. ;)

Has anybody else been downgraded since they changed their system? I was Gold last year, but when I went to book my October trip, I was informed that as of December, I was dropped to Blue.

yep. Turns out this Loews card is not really worth anything. I called them as I too had 'no' privlidges and said I stay every year so whats the deal??? They told me you have to have stayed more than 2 times since you joined to enjoy benefits. Huh? I said I joined Jan.2009 and stayed March 2009 and now I'm staying again March 2010 that's 2 stays right? Wrong. Since I joined Jan. 2009 my second stay would have had to occur prior to Jan. 2010 to qualify? After Jan 14th, 2010 (my join date) My eligible stays reverted to Zero. Sooooooooooo my question to the Loews first people - so do I qualify for anything? Answer "Sorry, no":sad2:

Last year when I joined and it was my very 'first' stay, I got a room upgrade and turn down service and daily paper - so why wouldn't I get that at the very least as my 'first stay' again was my next question. Guess my answer from the lady?:confused3 Nope, zero to one you get nothing. After the completetion of your second stay I would qualify for a free upgrade 'if' available. How wrong is that? I use to pride myself on getting little incentive goodies/perks but Loews you first is nothing to me. I turn my back on them. I'm paying $1,000 US to stay at Don Cesar 3 nights; and roughly the same for the RP thereafter 2 hotels, 2 stays right? No no no that's not how it goes. IF I stay one more time I qualify for 'blue'. That's $2,000 in their pockets without so much as a turn down or paper? Hmmmm not a very smart way to make 'loyal' friends that's all I can say:confused3

If you stay at DC and RPR within the same year, that IS 2 stays. Each time you 'check in' to a Loews Hotel, it's a "stay".

(even if it doesn't get you anything)

They currently have a promotion that offers immediate upgrade to Blue if you stay at a hotel not at Universal on a Sun-Wed. It appears from the fine print that you will be upgraded to Blue status as a result of a stay before April 30. My interpretation is that you will get Blue status on the first stay and for the year following that qualifying stay. That is just my read on it.

man, that would be great if your right, but I called the you first membership and spoke to the receptionist who went over in detail with me. Yes, when my 2nd stay is 'complete' I then move up to blue status. SOOOOOOOOOOO, When I arrive at RP next week I will have ONLY completed ONE stay!!:confused:

So my second stay at RP will have no benefits, but if I stay again this year I get a free room upgrade... How generous

Oh well, I'm still happy to be on vacation:cool1: Just have no incentive to be loyal to Loews.

I'll call again to see if that promotion is something the clerk forgot to mention?

Anyhoooooooo, 3 days and IM NOT HERE! YEE HAW!!!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter