Loews Gold guarenteed upgrade

PatMcDuck

DIS Veteran
I now have a gold Loews card. I understand the free upgrade with the Blue card, IF it is available when you check in.

But the gold card has the guarenteed upgrade when you book. When I was booking, they seemed NOT to want to give it to me. I was booking 2 rooms (RPH). The standard room, upgraded was a water view room. I took that. They said there WAS no upgrade to my club room..........

If I had 2 rooms, does each get upgraded? And what is the chain of upgrades? If I paid for a water view for the regular room, would I get the deluxe room as an upgrade? If you pay for deluxe, do you get club?

I think I need to call Loews.

I've been trying to get our club level standard room upgraded to a guaranteed suite @ $35 for gold members. I was told that we could have a suite, but it wouldn't be guaranteed to be on the 7th floor where the club lounge is because there are only 2 or 3 of them there. We would have club privledges though. My boys didn't want to be on another floor away from the snacks/drinks so I am now going to wait and ask at check-in in July to see if there is a suite available on the 7th floor.

I received my Loews Gold card after we made reservations for our trip later this month. I called back to ask about my guaranteed upgrade and was told they had nothing to upgrade me to. Supposedly only standard view rooms were available during my stay. I can understand that they can't upgrade you if there aren't any available rooms so maybe that's what happened. I will ask about it again at check-in.

Same for me. I'm Loews Gold and have yet to be upgraded. Nothing available during my stay.

They did say that perhaps the upgrade from a club room would be the king club room. Since I do not want that room configuration, I passed on them looking into this further. It took long enough to book what I DID book, they had to get a supervisor, and in general seemed quite confused as to what they were doing. They were very nice and polite though, no complaints there.

I booked through Loews for Dec. and was offered and paid for a STANDARD room with a AAA discount and got a Deluxe (states this on my confirmed reservation also). I didn't argue. This was at the Hard Rock.

When I made the reservation and I was asking what was available I asked about the upgrades with the Loews Gold Card. She told me what was available. She also said that the upgrades were not available with other discounted rooms like Fan Club Card and Entertainment Rate. AAA was the only discounted rate I could get with the upgrade too.

PatMcDuck, were you offered just a king room or a king suite? I'm hoping to upgrade to a suite when we check in. I will probably call RPR a couple of times (at least!) before July, just to see if I get any different answers. Never hurts to try!

When I booked mine, I had my gold card. 1800-be-a-star, kept insisting that I was still blue. I have been trying for well over a month to get them to fix it. Lowes has stated that the RPR is aware of my gold status. When I call the be-a-star..they isnsist that I am not... I just called the night before last & was still told the same thing once again... I think it is their way of not giving us the upgrade...by the time I check in & show them the GOLD card, there won't be any left :(

I'm a Loews Platinum and they said no upgrades available. I think if you read the fine print about free upgrades it would state only if the room are available.

Originally posted by BarbaraMB
I'm a Loews Platinum and they said no upgrades available. I think if you read the fine print about free upgrades it would state only if the room are available.
I think you are correct about the fine print...they should not state "guarenteed" with a Gold Card...since they are not.

Logically there are not enough rooms for every single Loews First member to receive an upgrade. It's all a question of luck!

No one is entitled to an upgrade.

For your best shot at getting an upgrade, book a room at a non peak time when the hotel is not full, check in early, and ask nicely :)

I'm Platinum, and I was told that unless I book at rack rate or AAA (I booked an AP rate), I wouldn't be eligible for an upgrade.

:(

Well, Loews first confirms that the AAA is upgradeable, so I have to call back and ask again for the upgrade that they gave me, and then took away when they messed it all up the first time.

Just a note - I have booked at rack rate and still did not receive any upgrade. Nothing available during my stay.

Don't count on it and you won't be disappointed. If it comes through - great.

We were upgraded at RPR to a pool view room (from standard) in January using the APH rate (didn't even ask, they just automatically did it for us). We were also offered a pool view room on our recent trip in May, again using the APH rate, but this time we turned it down because the boys really really wanted a theme park view (which we got and it was AWESOME!). We also received our welcome gift on both trips.

I should add that both of these upgrades were offered at check-in, and not when making my reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter