Loews Sapphire Falls Resort - Now Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I really first to post this!?!?!?!?!?

http://www.loewshotels.com/Sapphire-Falls-Resort

Loews Hotels & Resorts Announce New Hotel With Partners At Universal Orlando Resort
Loews Sapphire Falls Resort To Open Summer 2016
Loews Hotels

Loews Hotels & Resorts, a wholly owned-subsidiary of Loews Corporation (NYSE: L) and Universal Orlando Resort, today announced Loews Sapphire Falls Resort at Universal Orlando, opening in the summer of 2016.

Loews Sapphire Falls Resort, the fifth hotel in partnership with Loews Hotels & Resorts and Universal Orlando, will feature a colorful, Caribbean atmosphere along with 1,000 guestrooms and more than 131,000 square feet of meeting space.

The addition of Loews Sapphire Falls is part of Loews Hotels' goal to add substantially to its portfolio of hotels over the next few years. In July, the company announced two new acquisitions, Loews Minneapolis Hotel and Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel. Additionally Loews Chicago Hotel, a 400-room new build hotel, located downtown, will debut in February 2015. The company continues to add properties in gateway cities and resort destinations.

The new hotel will be located between Cabana Bay Beach Resort, which opened in June 2014, and Loews Royal Pacific Resort. The hotel will surround a lush, tropical lagoon and towering waterfalls. An air-conditioned, covered bridge will connect Loews Sapphire Falls and Loews Royal Pacific. Together, the two resorts will have 272,000 square feet of combined meeting space, along with 2,000 rooms and suites.

"Our partnership with Universal is integral to our growth as we strategically expand Loews Hotels," said Paul Whetsell, President & CEO, Loews Hotels & Resorts. "Loews Sapphire Falls Resort will complement our four existing hotels as we increase the total number of guestrooms, and continue to strive to offer unique experiences for all guests, whether they are visiting Orlando for leisure or meetings."

Loews Sapphire Falls will become the destination's fifth on-site resort hotel and its 1,000 rooms, including 77 suites, will bring the number of rooms at Universal Orlando Resort to 5,200.

I just saw this on Behind the thrills too~ Wondering of it's going to be a budget hotel or another Deluxe...hmmmm :)

Won't be deluxe since it will not include express pass.

Dine at a scenic restaurant complete with breathtaking water views; relax in a river-style pool complete with white sand beach, water slide, and cabana rentals; plus enjoy exclusive theme park benefits including Early Park Admission† to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ one hour before the theme parks open.

After looking at the concept art again, it looks like they are extending the waterway for the new hotel, that dock is west of the current RPR convention entrance road.

When we saw them clearing and grading the area across the street from Cabana Bay this summer, we assumed it was going to be another budget hotel. Wish it was deluxe, because it looks awesome.

Looks lovely!

I am a little worried with all these new hotels if it is going to clog up the parks and Citywalk more though.

I love not having to worry about getting a table at a restaurant and being able to walk around the parks without heavy crowds.

I'm going to merge and move this thread to the resorts board.

We already have a thread going over there.

I'm going to make the thread a sticky since I'm sure lots of folks are going to be commenting on it.

We just got back a few weeks ago and we could see it being built from the 'club lounge" , so when we questioned what they were building there, they said THEY were told it is going to be a DELUXE resort. :confused3 , you never know, until it gets closer, i guess.

We just got back a few weeks ago and we could see it being built from the 'club lounge" , so when we questioned what they were building there, they said THEY were told it is going to be a DELUXE resort. :confused3 , you never know, until it gets closer, i guess.

I think if the hotel was smaller, the express system could handle adding another hotel. However, at 1000 rooms, that probably is too much to be adding on. As it stands, they'll have to adjust early admission. That is pretty easy to do since the new Jurassic Park ride will be opening in 2016 as well.

Would love to stay at the non-deluxe hotels because they look so interesting, BUT not willing to give up Express Pass!!!!

Since this is connecting to RPR I would expect it to be Deluxe also, and eventually be announced to have EP. This seems to be linked to the announcement of increasing the RPR convention space. It looks like they plan to make this a convention destination.

Since this is connecting to RPR I would expect it to be Deluxe also, and eventually be announced to have EP. This seems to be linked to the announcement of increasing the RPR convention space. It looks like they plan to make this a convention destination.

Meh, I don't think a walkway for convention goers means that the hotel is deluxe. It may just be to provide a safe way for them to cross the street.

Wait...isn't EPA quickly losing its "perk" status with the addition of cabana bay...now they're adding 1000 more rooms. We thought they would adjust it when cb opened (alternating parks), and now they're adding more???

Wait...isn't EPA quickly losing its "perk" status with the addition of cabana bay...now they're adding 1000 more rooms. We thought they would adjust it when cb opened (alternating parks), and now they're adding more???

In 2016. All they have to do is open more rides during EPA and it is a "perk" again. It is a very easy solution.

We will be staying at RPR next February... Will we be hearing construction noise, possibly? Hope not!

Meh, I don't think a walkway for convention goers means that the hotel is deluxe. It may just be to provide a safe way for them to cross the street.

You assume what you like, and I'll assume what I like. If you connect the hotel to a deluxe and provide it with a water taxi in common with a deluxe, my assumption is it is a deluxe. You don't usually let those two worlds intermingle casually in the hotel business as it tends to drive the deluxe clientele away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter