• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

LoewsFirst card??

I thought stay 4 play free was qualifying. What I would do is call reservations and ask and if they say it is, then send an email to the GM telling them you will be down soon and would like to get it settled.

I think the reason they are telling me it is not qualifying, is because I got the tickets in the deal. Maybe if I booked the room only without the deal I would have gotten a qualifying. I don't know.:confused3 But I will call and try to clear it up. Thanks Damo!:thumbsup2

Yes you can do that. Loews has always been great about status matching with other programs.

i must be missing something as my hilton card has never been matched by loews.

i'm gonna live with that error as i'm at platinum and it's too late now to change the past for me.

see what i learn from the threads.
we all could be waliking encyclopedias !!

I think the reason they are telling me it is not qualifying, is because I got the tickets in the deal. Maybe if I booked the room only without the deal I would have gotten a qualifying. I don't know.:confused3 But I will call and try to clear it up. Thanks Damo!:thumbsup2
It is qualifying. By their own criteria, qualifying stays are rates that are advertised by Loews and the Stay & Play rate pops right up off the bat when you go to their website. It is super nice that the mgr offered you all the Loews perks for your stay but I would also want to make sure that your nights get counted so that you can get to Gold level more quickly!

i must be missing something as my hilton card has never been matched by loews.

i'm gonna live with that error as i'm at platinum and it's too late now to change the past for me.

see what i learn from the threads.
we all could be waliking encyclopedias !!

Prior to enrolling in the Loews First Program, did you call Loews First and ask that they match your Hilton status? Providing them (or any hotel loyalty program) with enough proof that you will bring them sufficient business in the future works wonders. It behooves them to match an active loyalty program.

I know what you mean that it doesnt matter now since you are already Platinum with Loews. Me too! :thumbsup2

you bet i called prior.

long story short.

after the issue was straightened out, loews said they can not go back more than 24 months to credit the loews first member.

they claimed computer glitch is what happened.

i have so much aggravations in life, i figure the hilton/loews i would not dwell on. i'm at platinum and no matching is necessary at that point.

one perk i like about the loews first are the miles i get for the airline.
they don't have much to chose from for miles, but it helps that i can take american airlines for orlando.

So it was a package? Then I'm not sure.

So it was a package? Then I'm not sure.

Yes ! It came with passes to both parks for length of stay. At least Mr. Garcia is giving me some other perks, so that's good.:thumbsup2 To tell you the truth, I am so excited to get down there, I would sleep in a cabana if I had to.:banana:

Yes ! It came with passes to both parks for length of stay. At least Mr. Garcia is giving me some other perks, so that's good.:thumbsup2 To tell you the truth, I am so excited to get down there, I would sleep in a cabana if I had to.:banana:

If it was just the stay and play and not any other kind of package, then you should still get your qualifying stay.

If it was just the stay and play and not any other kind of package, then you should still get your qualifying stay.

It was the stay and play deal. The first thing I am going to do when I get there( did I mention, I'm leaving thursday:rotfl2: )will be to have a little sit-down with Mr. Garcia to straighten this out.

There seems to be some misunderstanding lately with what is qualifying and what isn't. In another thread a customer is being told that supersaver isn't qualifying and you are being told the stay and play isn't qualifying. Someone needs to straighten the universal registration centre out. There are only about 6 different options, how difficult is it for someone to write out which ones are qualifying and which ones aren't?????

There seems to be some misunderstanding lately with what is qualifying and what isn't. In another thread a customer is being told that supersaver isn't qualifying and you are being told the stay and play isn't qualifying. Someone needs to straighten the universal registration centre out. There are only about 6 different options, how difficult is it for someone to write out which ones are qualifying and which ones aren't?????

I hear ya and you get an amen sista! But, this is the way things have been with Universal's hotel reservation center since day one. A few times a year they make up some nifty name promotion that lasts a couple months till the next one replaces it. It never fails that each of these reservationists offers a different explanation on what qualifies and what doesn't. Its been a standing joke to call till you get the answer you like!

I do wonder if it all were to get straightened out we the customer would no longer benefit. Or at least some of us do right now, some of the time anyway. In any event its all a little maddening.

from reading some of the threads, i can see some people get different information that the rest of us do.

and, some of that info given out is incorrect.
the guest is the one that usually suffers then.

i always try to post to a response of a newbie's question to call the reservations number and get a name of the person that gives them the 411.
if you have something to back you up, a name/date and even better an email, then that confirms it.

last year at rph, i had an issue but brought along my email of january to confirm and straighten out the problem i had.

the computer did not show i paid the one night's deposit.
my email did and i had the UO MC billing statement with me also.

now you will say why in the heck did she take a biliing statement with her??

i carry lots of sometimes needed items when i travel.
it was the first time at rph for me and i wasn't sure if they were run like hrh

I also give you an AMEN !:thumbsup2

from reading some of the threads, i can see some people get different information that the rest of us do.

and, some of that info given out is incorrect.
the guest is the one that usually suffers then.

i always try to post to a response of a newbie's question to call the reservations number and get a name of the person that gives them the 411.
if you have something to back you up, a name/date and even better an email, then that confirms it.

last year at rph, i had an issue but brought along my email of january to confirm and straighten out the problem i had.

the computer did not show i paid the one night's deposit.
my email did and i had the UO MC billing statement with me also.

now you will say why in the heck did she take a biliing statement with her??

i carry lots of sometimes needed items when i travel.
it was the first time at rph for me and i wasn't sure if they were run like hrh

Mac, I will also be bringing all my e-mails from Mr. Garcia, just in case. Thank You to everyone here for your invaluable advice.

Mac, I will also be bringing all my e-mails from Mr. Garcia, just in case. Thank You to everyone here for your invaluable advice.

everyone here wants you to have the best trip possible at universal.

we love to hear the stories when people come back and say how much fun they had.

I got tickets with the Stay and Play in November and it was a qualifying rate; 2 Gardenview rooms upgraded via Platinum to 2 bedroom Villa Suite.

I also received 4 adult and 4 children tickets (good for 7 days) - 2 adult/2 child tickets per room.

So, the fact that you are getting tickets should NOT deny you the Loews Card benefits.

The adult/children stay and play is no longer available, but it was a qualifying rate in November. I can't see why a stay and play rate wouldn't be now.

everyone here wants you to have the best trip possible at universal.

we love to hear the stories when people come back and say how much fun they had.

Thank you Mac, I plan on telling everyone all about it. I'm going to take many pictures, and when I get back maybe I can figure out how to upload them here. I have no clue as to how it's done:confused3 I am not only a Dis newbie, but a computer newbie as well. DS 13 is the pro.

With all the tips and ideas I have gotten from everyone,or as you like to say "mummy dust", I dont think I have enough time, or a big enough stomach to explore everything I want to. :sad2: I guess I'll have to go down again.;)

I got tickets with the Stay and Play in November and it was a qualifying rate; 2 Gardenview rooms upgraded via Platinum to 2 bedroom Villa Suite.

I also received 4 adult and 4 children tickets (good for 7 days) - 2 adult/2 child tickets per room.

So, the fact that you are getting tickets should NOT deny you the Loews Card benefits.

The adult/children stay and play is no longer available, but it was a qualifying rate in November. I can't see why a stay and play rate wouldn't be now.

That's quite a deal ! When I'm there, I'm sure it will get straightened out:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter