LOOK I made a Mickey tree - pictures

iluv2go2disney

Please Oh Please! Can't we live at Walt Disney Wor
I saw some wonderful Mickey head christmas ornaments someone had made and I wanted to make some. I made 2 different sizes and covered them in glitter. I added bows to some of them to represent Minnie. Then I added "ears" to a Santa hat for the tree topper. I ordered a set of Mickey gloves off of ebay and just stuck them on the sides of the tree fot the arms. I'm so excited. :yay: I think it turned out really cute. I've never posted pictures here before so this may take a few times before I get it right. :confused: Here it goes....

DSCI0033.jpg

DSCI0034.jpg

DSCI0038.jpg

DSCI0037.jpg

OK I'll keep trying. If anyone can give me some advice I'd love it. :rolleyes1

That's really cute, I love the tree & you did a great job with the ornaments. :thumbsup2

That is too cute!!!! My kids have 4 foot trees in their bedrooms each year. That would be a great idea for my youngest since his room is Mickey decorated.

So cute.....

love the Minnie Mouse ones. How did you make them. Are they kid friendly to make? did it take long? If you don't mind I'd love to borrow your idea:rolleyes1

I took strofoam balls in 2 different sizes...one for the body and smaller ones for the ears. I painted them and then attached the ears with toothpicks and glue. After they were dry, I brushed glue all over them. I used rubber cement, but you could probably use other types. While the glue was wet I sprinkled glitter all over it. I did smaller ones in red and silver and the larger ones in black...some as Mickey and some as Minnie. For Minnie I just got wired ribbon and made a bow and attached it to the head with straight pins. I used about 3-4 pins so it would hold well. They are very easy to make. I think kids could do it. They may need a little help getting it covered all the way and holding it. Have fun!!!

I took strofoam balls in 2 different sizes...one for the body and smaller ones for the ears. I painted them and then attached the ears with toothpicks and glue. After they were dry, I brushed glue all over them. I used rubber cement, but you could probably use other types. While the glue was wet I sprinkled glitter all over it. I did smaller ones in red and silver and the larger ones in black...some as Mickey and some as Minnie. For Minnie I just got wired ribbon and made a bow and attached it to the head with straight pins. I used about 3-4 pins so it would hold well. They are very easy to make. I think kids could do it. They may need a little help getting it covered all the way and holding it. Have fun!!!

Thanks!!!

You did a wonderful job! :cheer2: Very creative. I forsee your idea being "borrowed" by many this year.

Happy crafting!
Amanda

That is fabulous i might have a go at doing them decorations myself thanks for sharing

Ok, I just made my Mickey Heads with styrofoam balls, attached with toothpicks and will paint them tomorrow.

quick ? What and how did you attach to the MH to hold onto the tree? Did you just use an ornament hook or something else?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter