looking for opinions on how/when to book.

loriandmatt

DIS Veteran
earlier i broke posting protocal and posted a question within someone elses post. I am now creating my own thread to ask for opinions on....

I am in a quandry as to weather i should book our August trip now using:
a.) my DC discount to hold that ressie incase no AP discounts come out for campsites for Mid to late August. (the bugger here will be that i will have to cancel this ressie outright and re book thru CRO if the AP rates come out.)
b.) rack rate ressies to hold that ressie for the same reason as above.

OR if i should:
c.) hold off all together until i know for sure if AP dicounts for mid to late Aug will include campsites then just book with my DC discount if no AP rates will be happening.

(I would love someone elses opinion on the above choices - a, b or c. Which of the 3 would you do?)

- lori

If you're going to go no matter what the rate is, then book now. If you want to go only if the rate is good, then wait.

We always book asap and watch for the codes and discounts and they usually come through for us!

Have fun planning!

campingcorgi is right, if you are going no matter what, book now.

I usually end up calling back two or three times to check for new rates or codes that may now be available. Every CRO CM I have talked to have been very helpful and very willing to "change" to a new code that saves a few dollars.

Have fun

We booked our Aug. dates back in Nov, because it was very full when we were there in Aug. of last year (value season). If you have AAA, I'd book with that (through CRO), otherwise I'd book at rack rate just to guarantee the site, then call back as discounts become available. I keep hoping in the next few weeks we'll see a general code for that time (keep an eye on the resorts board or www.mousesaver.com). Hope to see you there!
Terri

Book Now. We booked our May 31 ressies over a year ago. I have called back atleast 3 times and modified using different rates. I have never had a problem.

Hi,

One tip: Book in advance, book in advance, book in advance. A good rule of thumb for the campground is to book AT LEAST 3 months in advance, unless your flexible with your dates. And, a Year in advance for major holidays like Christmas, New Years Thanksgiving etc. Fort Wilderness is the cheapest place to stay on Disney property and the "only" WDW resort that allows your pet to stay with you, so it's usually the first to sell out. You can usually "modify" your reservation to a discount if it becomes available, but if you don't book it at full rate you may not get to stay there at all unless you change your dates or something.

For instance, I booked last year fo every single trip I was planning to take there this year, so I was able to secure sites for Memorail weekend, Fourth of July, Labor Day weekend, Thanksgiving and New Years. I have decided not to go to Disney for Memorial Weekend this year ( I am staying at Universal's Royal Pacific Resort instead), but that way I have every trip I need if I wanted to keep them. I go ever year around
these dates so it's easy to plan ahead for me.

Mmketeer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter