• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Looking for Something Different

CAP56

<font color="red">300+ Trips to WDW since 1973<br>
We are leaving Saturday for 14 days at OKW. We have been to Disney hundreds of times. I am looking for someone in the DIS family to come up with something fun to do at Disney World that we haven't done. We have three children all girls ages 9,7 & 4 and a baby on the way.

Anyone have a suggestion???

:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsgirl:

Well...with hundreds of trips under your belt, I am not sure that I can tell you anything you don't already know!!

But, here's my "off the beaten path" advice...go to Fort Wilderness. Even if your kids have "done it before" it will still be right up their alley. The petting zoo area, the pony rides, the campfire sing-alongs, the night time movies (wear bug spray this time of year)...it's just so much fun...especially for little ones. I don't know if they still do, but Trails End used to have "build your own pizza" until midnight...and, if you haven't taken a hay ride, see if those are being offered.

Also, I think Fantasia Gardens is really fun.

But...if these are things you have done a lot...well, then you certainly know a lot more than me. Come to think of it...with 300+ trips under your help...you probably know more than anyone else!!

Have fun whatever you do!!!

:wave:

Beca

Have you tried the new slide at OKW??? Soaring is new, the new stunt show, the cool Dinosaur at AK... What am I missing... Oh the Cinderella show... all new.

Tom Sawyers Island....

New Small world....

:confused3

You've probably already done this but my kids loved baking the cookies at the Land in EPCOT.

Maybe re-think what you've missed lately. Although,I can't imagine there being a lot for you to miss with so many trips. On our last trip this May, we realized that we often stick to all of our favorite rides/attractions/restaurants and pass over so many we haven't done in a while. For example, I took my dd's on the Great Movie Ride (they are 8 and 6). In my mind we have done this ride so many times before. I was surprised to hear that neither of them remembered ever being on it before. Same thing with the Land. We often pass it by thinking BTDT. We were drawn in by Soaring this time. It was a whole new experience for them. My kids loved the Land boat ride (and the baking as I said).

Also, at SSR spa they do offer spa services for kids (my first manicure/pedicure). I think they may also have mother to be servces. I am not sure how pricey they are. I know my girls have it on their next "To Do" List.

Beca said:
Also, I think Fantasia Gardens is really fun.
Beca
My dd9 loved Fantasia Gardens! The pirate cruise from the Floridian was a hit for my dd9 and dn5. They also enjoyed the Grand Adventures in cooking at the GF too. They were both worth the price (about 25- each) If you're at/near BWV they do great crafts at Community Hall (some you pay like the tie die shirts and some are free). Pool Hopping is fun too. Definately go see "Turtle Talk" at the Living Seas. The kids sit on the floor up front and get to talk to Crush! Illuminations/Wishes cruise. Get a "Hidden Mickey's" book and have the kids find the hidden Mickey's. Ok, this isn't at WDW , but Discovery Cove is an incredible day! It's a bit pricey, but definately worth the money to swim with the dolphins, feed the stingrays, snorkel in the tropical reef,etc.

Have fun :banana:

DH and I have been going to WDW since '72 and just did mini golf for the first time a couple weeks ago! It's always neat when we discover something we've never done before.
Winter Summerland was very cool! DD2 really enjoyed it! And if you have AP, it's pretty cheap!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter