Looking for Suggestions on How to Spend 3 Nights in St. Petersburg/Madeira Beach FL.

tarheelmjfan

Proud Redhead
At the moment, we're considering spending one evening each at Downtown St. Petersburg, Johns Pass Village & St. Pete Beach for food & entertainment, unless there's a better option. We're up for anything.

FWIW, we usually only come to the area to watch the Rays play, but we're avoiding the games this trip. We've had our feel of Red Sox games. If you know, you know. :p

My parents used to live in Tierra Verde (last exit off of Pinellas Bayway before St Pete Beach) and I always wanted to go stay/dine at the Don Cesar. There were also some decent spots in Pass-A-Grill, just south of there, which were nice for food/drinks/sunset. Not sure if it's the same nowadays, but it's either Brass Monkey or Paradise Grill that we used to frequent. I also remember several good meals at Billy's Stone Crab in Tierra Verde. Sadly, many of the other places we frequented are gone. Some of them were John's Pass/Madeira Beach area, but I can't find them on the map.

We also really liked visiting the St. Pete Pier. I haven't been since they got rid of the inverted pyramid, but it was always a nice place to go for a little while.

I guess if you're into pink hotels, there's also the Vinoy. When my parents first moved to that part of FL, they were renting a home that was closer to that one.

If you're a fan of art/Dali, The Dali is phenomenal. No guarantees, but we've often seen manatees in the water areas near the museum.

Not sure how you feel about zoos or driving into Tampa, but ZooTampa at Lowry Park is an amazing zoo. It's been some time since I've been, but I know they've put in a ton of upgrades and it's considered top tier in the zoo world.

Back in the St. Pete Beach/Tierra Verde area, you could always take a drive down to Fort DeSoto. That was another spot we used to visit quite a bit.

The last thing I can think of is heading over to the Sunshine Skyway. We often would stop at the little Skyway beaches on either side of the bridge.

They moved from that part of FL to the Ft. Lauderdale area about 20 years ago, but I really liked when they lived in that part of the state.

We found Dockside Dave’s in Madeira beach to be good. Also Mad Beach craft Brewing in John’s pass was good because they had GF options marked on the menu.

My parents used to live in Tierra Verde (last exit off of Pinellas Bayway before St Pete Beach) and I always wanted to go stay/dine at the Don Cesar. There were also some decent spots in Pass-A-Grill, just south of there, which were nice for food/drinks/sunset. Not sure if it's the same nowadays, but it's either Brass Monkey or Paradise Grill that we used to frequent. I also remember several good meals at Billy's Stone Crab in Tierra Verde. Sadly, many of the other places we frequented are gone. Some of them were John's Pass/Madeira Beach area, but I can't find them on the map.

We also really liked visiting the St. Pete Pier. I haven't been since they got rid of the inverted pyramid, but it was always a nice place to go for a little while.

I guess if you're into pink hotels, there's also the Vinoy. When my parents first moved to that part of FL, they were renting a home that was closer to that one.

If you're a fan of art/Dali, The Dali is phenomenal. No guarantees, but we've often seen manatees in the water areas near the museum.

Not sure how you feel about zoos or driving into Tampa, but ZooTampa at Lowry Park is an amazing zoo. It's been some time since I've been, but I know they've put in a ton of upgrades and it's considered top tier in the zoo world.

Back in the St. Pete Beach/Tierra Verde area, you could always take a drive down to Fort DeSoto. That was another spot we used to visit quite a bit.

The last thing I can think of is heading over to the Sunshine Skyway. We often would stop at the little Skyway beaches on either side of the bridge.

They moved from that part of FL to the Ft. Lauderdale area about 20 years ago, but I really liked when they lived in that part of the state.
You're a wealth of travel info. You must travel as much as we do.

We were barely able to make it to downtown St. Pete, before getting a call from one of my sisters. My oldest sister was transported by ambulance to the emergency room. Naturally, that ruined the fun vibes. We drove by the Dali Museum & Pier, then headed back toward the hotel. Dinner was as Doc Ford's Rum Bar & Grill Jungle Terrace near our hotel. That was followed by a quick stop at Walmart, then we went back to the hotel to wait for more news.

Even if we have to leave here tomorrow to be with her, we'll be returning later in the summer. Your info will help me be better prepared next time. Thanks
We found Dockside Dave’s in Madeira beach to be good. Also Mad Beach craft Brewing in John’s pass was good because they had GF options marked on the menu.
Thanks for the suggestions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter