Loosing Your Tickets

BarbaraMB

<font color=CC99CC>Is right! Good tags come to th
Has anyone lost their tickets while in Disney? What do you do if you or another family member looses their ticket?

for just this reason it is suggested that you photo copy both the front and back of your passes. if you have the photo copy and show it to them then they can look them up on their computer. they will deactivate the passes you lost and reissue you new passes with the amount of days you have left on them.

Great idea! Where do you go if it does happen? I am sure that most people do NOT loose their tickets but it is a good idea to be prepared.

Guest Relations can help you if it is a pass that was issued to you & only you can use ie: AP. If it is just a hopper pass, I don't think they will help you. If you lost a hopper (or simular) anyone can pick it up & use it.....Disney's not going to replace that....that is a loss of money to them....if it is an AP, only you can use it thru the finger scan....that they will replace.....if anyone found your pass, it would be of no use to them.....therefore not a money loss for Disney. I could be wrong...but knowing how Disney is........ Disney has replaced my son's Seasonl Pass (finger scan is needed)....he showed them his school ID & confirmed all our home info & they gave him a new one.

Two years ago we realized we lost one of our hopper passes when we arrived at the MK entrance gates. (must have lost it the previous day, probably at the FP machines). We went to guest services at the MK & explained - they asked to see the remaining 4 tickets (I'm assuming they took the numbers off the back of them) & then in less than a minute they issued us another hopper! I was SO relieved!!

I had friends lose their hopper tickets a few years ago (actually, their wallet was stolen out of a stroller). They did not have photocopies, but they went to guest services in MK and they replaced all of them for free. I don't know if it matters, but their tickets had just been purchase at Shades of Green that day. Maybe they could track it somehow through the resort? But, my friends were obviously grateful, and while Disney may have taken a monetary loss, they have also gained loyal, happy customers who have told this story to several people. This is WHY people return to Disney again and again.

Kim

Join my brand new Disney Resorts Yahoo! Group

I had just arrived and was unpacking my stuff in the room. I had purchased a UPH pass. It was the pass to the parks and my room key. When I was ready to leave I could not find it. I tore the whole room apart and could not find it. It had to be the room some where be in there because I had not left the room after checking in. Called down to the front desk and the CM gave me a repalcement card. I brought down some photo ID in case they asked for it; but did not need to show it. The pass is still AWOL. It sill might be in that hotel room to this date.

I left my ticket in a fast pass machine. When I discovered my loss, I went back to retrieve it. Long story short, the CM at the machine mistakedly gave me a pass that was not mine, I had 3 days left on my pass, this was a one day pass. Of course I didn't notice it until later. I had a photocopy of the backs of my passes and went to guest relations where they issued me a new hopper with the correct amount of days on it. I never thought I would have to use my photocopy but I am sure glad I went to the trouble of copying.

In July 2002, my husband left one of our park hopper plus tickets in a fast pass machine at Animal Kingdom and we didn't realize it until the next morning when we were getting ready to head for MK. I frantically started calling guest services and they said to bring our remaining tickets as well as our receipt where they had been purchased to guest services at AK. They were able to look at the numbers on the back of the other 3 tickets and since they were in sequential order, they were able to determine the number of our lost card. They cancelled it and issued a new one. We found a ticket at a fastpass machine and turned it in to a CM and she had a stack of them that had been left there. That is probably one of the easiest ways to lose your pass so be careful when using fastpass.

Hi,

It should be a good idea to photocopy your Disney pass. Now my question is where are facilities to photocopy within WDW? Of course the hotel or park staff should be able to do that, but I think that if they will do that for somebody they have to do it for everyone and therefore I think they won't do it when you ask.
Are there photocopy machines in the WDW where you can throw a quarter or something in and self copy?
I think in will be available in the buisness centers, but at other locations I don't know.

Any comments?

Marcel.

You can copy down everything including all the numbers and letters and codes on the back using pencil and paper.

The Universal "fastpass" machines have one advantage over the Disney ones, you don't have to stick your park pass all the way in and let go of it, so less chance of leaving it in the machine.

Passes should not be carried loose in a pocket, too easy to fish around in your pocket for something else and the pass comes out too and falls on the ground. Do not carry anything (such as a checkbook) sticking halfway out of a back pocket, it will surely rise up and fall out.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

I am glad to see I was wrong.....at least now if any of my children's friends come with us & they lose their hoppers I know we can replace them! Like I said .... I do know that they will replace an annual/seasonal pass (they replaced my son's).......and now glad to hear that they will replace other types as well.

Never actually lost any tickets but...

8:45 am My wife, mother and I were on the bus for a full day of fun at Disney's Animal Kingdom when my wife asked about the tickets. I told her I took them out of the safe that morning and gave them to her. We went back and forth about this the entire bus ride. She swore she didn't have them, while I swore I gave them to her. We got off the bus, she yelled at me and dumped her purse out on the ground in front of me to prove she did not have the tickets. By the time we cleaned up that mess we missed the bus back to our resort and had to wait even longer. By the time we got back to the resort I was convinced she had lost the tickets somewhere. We went back to our room and there were no tickets. I opened the safe... AND THERE WERE THE TICKETS! For some crazy reason, I took the tickets out that morning and rather than giving them to her I put them back in the safe! I've never been able to live it down either. Years later it still comes up!:rolleyes:

We eventually got to the Animal Kingdom... At NOON! :eek:

If you buy your passes at the Disney Store, you are given 2 receipts and should keep these seperate from your passes. If you lose the passes, take the receipts to guest services so that the lost ones can be cancelled and you can get new ones. It is cheaper to buy them at TDS than at the gate now anyway.

malangen: I don't know if they sell these for WDW in any Disney Store in your country. It couldn't hurt to ask though.

I doubt Disney takes any loss on replaced tickets as they cancel the "lost" tickets in their computer system. That is why they only seem willing to cancel tickets if they have the SKU number from the back of the lost ticket, or can figure it out with their own system. I actually leave a copy of the front and back of tickets with a relative as well as take a copy with me.

I found a ticket in a FP machine this past October in the AK. I was horrified for the poor person who lost the ticket.It was a 5 day HP and the price on the back was 200 and something dollars. I gave the pass to the CM that was monitering the FP machines, and that was when I was told DIsney would replace it for the person. I was never aware of that. I always thought a ticket was like cash, in that if you lose it, it is GONE. Just another reason to love Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter