Lost and Found, so I returned a phone and all I got was...

Lakewood

Mouseketeer
Cruising throught the d town Disney parking lot, I noticed a phone on a cars decklid. Looked around no one was near or in the car, I took the phone to City Hall at D Land where I returned it. The CM gave me and the GF "honorary citizen" badges in exchange. Good thing for them it wasn't and I Phone.... I may have had to claim "finders keepers, loosers weepers" on it....

In conclusion, the "honorary citizen" badge doesn't get you squat, no hello, no extra tortillas,....

Well, I'm sure the owner was very grateful, whoever it was.

As dear ol' grandma used to say, "Virtue is its own reward." ;)

Actually you could have put in a claim of some sort and if the owner was not found the you could ask to keep the phone. It is illegal to keep found items from what I remember.

Only the birthday badge gets you free stuff or special treatment an they are free at City Hall and other locations. they do not even ask for proof.

I think you are supposed to receive the good feeling of doing the right thing and the knowledge that someone out there may get their phone back thanks to you.

Way to go for doing what you would hope others would do if you lost your phone! :wizard:

Good for you for turning the phone in......knowing you did the right thing should be reward enough.
I'm sure the owner is greatful!!

I agree with the PP, that should be a reward in itself.

Over the weekend DBF's Dad lost his phone. We went to City Hall, then the Lost and Found the following day and someone had turned it in. His Dad didn't even want to go look because he figured nobody would be kind enough to turn it in. You never know. If I lost something I'd want someone to return it, so if I find something of someone's I'll return it. Good karma.

Cruising throught the d town Disney parking lot, I noticed a phone on a cars decklid. Looked around no one was near or in the car, I took the phone to City Hall at D Land where I returned it. The CM gave me and the GF "honorary citizen" badges in exchange. Good thing for them it wasn't and I Phone.... I may have had to claim "finders keepers, loosers weepers" on it....

In conclusion, the "honorary citizen" badge doesn't get you squat, no hello, no extra tortillas,....

We do not do the right thing for gifts. it comes from the heart not the hand. I would be very grateful if my phone was returned. I have done many a good deed and not expected a " gift " in its place.And finders keepers? I hope thats a joke, especially if the shoe was on your foot and you lost something of value.

Thank you! This coming from someone who lost a credit card while in Disneyland and some honest person found it and turned it into lost and found. It really would have ruined our vacation if that had been stolen. It is always appreciated when someone does the right thing!

We do not do the right thing for gifts. it comes from the heart not the hand. I would be very grateful if my phone was returned. I have done many a good deed and not expected a " gift " in its place.
I agree w/ teatime on this. Plus it's Karma -- what goes around comes around. You did a good deed. The feeling you get out of doing the right thing, and knowing that you probably saved someone from a lot of potential stress and heartache is the reward.

I agree w/ teatime on this. Plus it's Karma -- what goes around comes around. You did a good deed. The feeling you get out of doing the right thing, and knowing that you probably saved someone from a lot of potential stress and heartache is the reward.

amen to that. one day when you lose your phone, you will find it at Lost and Found!!!! :D

I'm kind of curious as to what you felt was a worthy "reward" for handing in an item that wasn't yours? I don't feel it was Disney's job to reward you, and the owner of the phone would not have known it was you who returned it, so really, what did you expect - did you only return the phone hoping to receive accolades about your honesty?

Just sleep well knowing that you are an honest person... and would you really enjoy using an iPhone that was not yours??

Thank you for doing the right thing and turning in the phone. Several years ago my DM lost her phone at DLR and someone who did the right thing turned it in. :goodvibes

When I find something at DLR I too turn it in, last year I found several tickets on several different visits to DCA. I turned them into L&F, just in case the people who lost them thought to check there.

FYI-put your name and phone number on your tix-then someone could call you if found.

FYI-put your name and phone number on your tix-then someone could call you if found.

What a good idea! My bf and I always find tickets on the ground. We always try to turn them in, or at least pick them up off the ground and put them somewhere visible (sometimes they're just 1 day passes or whatever) in case someone doubles back.

My mom lost her whole checkbook this last December. Even worse was the fact that she had her whole Christmas list (including what she had bought, etc.) in there. She was amazed when she got the whole thing back, intact, a few weeks later! Thank goodness that person was nice enough to do that.

I musta dropped my phone somewhere in Disneyland in Febuary. Next morning I stopped by the lost and found outside California Adventure and they had it. Its an expensive Palm Treo smartphone so kudo's to whomever found it and turned it in!! Thanks!!

It's always better to do the right thing. :thumbsup2

I have always turned in things I have found, told clerks when they have given me too much change, and rescued and returned many a stray dog. Not once have I received a monetary reward, but it still feels good! :cool1:

Unfortunatley, last Halloween, my DH and I took two of our grandsons out for the day, we went for pizza and to a Halloween festival, I took zillions of pictures on my 3 month old camera. You guessed it...somehow, on the way from the festival to the van, I lost my camera. With all of those precious pictures on it. And no one turned it in. :scared1: I called and called for a month. And this was DAYS before we were leaving for my dream vacation to England and Scotland! :sad1:

But even that does not discourage me from doing the right thing. I'm sure the person who took my camera and erased all the pictures of my grandchildren did not bat an eye. :sad1::sad1::sad1: But what goes anround comes around! :lovestruc

Yay! That was very nice of you!

I was astonished during one of our trips...I guess I set my camera down, along with park map and entertainment times guide, while looking at hats at the store near the teacups (both hat shops in DL have almost the same name, very frustrating). I went back to the fam at Dumbo, realized, went running back, it was gone...someone noticed my plight and urged me to talk to the CMs, finally I did, and in the minute I was gone, someone had turned it in and the CMs had put it in the back. It was so wonderful.

So thank you from someone who has benefited from the kindness of strangers.:goodvibes

so you only do good deeds if there is something "in it for you?" What goes around comes around. Maybe the next time you drop somthing some nice person will return it to you.

Once one of my employees forgot to close the tailgate on our pick up and a leaf blower fell out. We all thought it was stollen and replaced it. Next week we did the yard again, and up drives an elderly couple with the leaf blower who said. "we saw this fall off your truck last week, and kept it for you." and returned it. YOu have no idea how happy we were. they could have kept it but they returned it. I think we mowed their lawn for free or something. Next time someone looses something I Pay it forward and turn it in and the beat goes on hopefully. :hippie:

Handing it back was the "Disney" thing to do.:goodvibes

Just think - when the phone is returned the owner may be moved to do a good turn for someone else - and they may just pay it forward too - and the next person - and the next ..... Before you know it, you doing one good turn might just become 10 or 100 good turns!

My daughter found a CM pass and handed it in and got the "Honorary Citizen" badge as well. Unfortunately that same trip she lost her "designer" cap but no-one handed that in so she is still waiting for her karma...

I have lost a lot of stuff and found a lot of stuff, while I have not always found my things, I still feel better to always turn things in, I rarely get anything tangible in return but feel I get something from knowing that the person who lost the item gets the happy feeling of finding their item and knowing people are basically good instead of that crummy feeling you get when nothing ever turns up.

This weekend I was at an event and found a $150 mug I could have kept but didn't, I turned it it and it turns out it was a girl I work with mugs. I would have felt really terrible to have kept that, even though it was really nice I never thought to keep it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter