Lost COVID Vaccine Card

kimothy66

Earning My Ears
My family is thinking of taking a Disney cruise in November and have already reached out to Dreams Unlimited Travel to help book it, but I have been unable to find this answer. I have misplaced my vaccine card (I know, I know, should have been under lock and key). I have a digital scan of it, doctor's records indicating I am vaccinated, and the NYS Excelsior Pass also confirming my vaccination status, dates, etc. I cannot find anywhere if any of these will be acceptable alternatives to the actual vaccine card. I reached out to my local health department already and they told me they could not reissue a card. I do plan to try to go to my vaccination site to see if they will help, but until then I was hoping to see if you all could help ease my anxiety.

Thanks!!

My family is thinking of taking a Disney cruise in November and have already reached out to Dreams Unlimited Travel to help book it, but I have been unable to find this answer. I have misplaced my vaccine card (I know, I know, should have been under lock and key). I have a digital scan of it, doctor's records indicating I am vaccinated, and the NYS Excelsior Pass also confirming my vaccination status, dates, etc. I cannot find anywhere if any of these will be acceptable alternatives to the actual vaccine card. I reached out to my local health department already and they told me they could not reissue a card. I do plan to try to go to my vaccination site to see if they will help, but until then I was hoping to see if you all could help ease my anxiety.

Thanks!!
Digital copy is fine. They only need a picture of it to be submitted online.

My place of business required the CDC card or the Excelsior Pass. Both have your information and can be verified if need be. I’m sure you’re not the only one to misplace your card.

If you’d like it replaced, you can try contacting your vaccine provider or your state department of health. They have the info needed, and can send you another.

My employer is accepting doctor's records showing vaccination as proof. I'd recommend you call Safe Passage and ask if that is acceptable backup for the digital scan that you have. You can upload the digital scan to the Safe Passage website, and in most cases, you won't need anything else, but they tell you to bring your proof of vaccine to the port with you in case there are any issues with the copy uploaded to Safe Passage.

My mom was able to get her vaccine card replaced by showing her digital info at a vaccine site. Good luck!

I would reach out to the safe passage people. I had a question, emailed late Friday night, and had a response early Saturday morning.

If you’d like it replaced, you can try contacting your vaccine provider or your state department of health. They have the info needed, and can send you another.
That actually depends on where you got vaccinated and whether or not you gave permission for your state to collect the information. A lot of people vaccinated early on did so through mass vaccination drives & it's unlikely that information is accessible for many of them. My son got his first shot through a mass drive, which closed down between his first & second shot, so I had to scramble to get him his second shot somewhere else with no help. No record keeping, nothing.

That actually depends on where you got vaccinated and whether or not you gave permission for your state to collect the information. A lot of people vaccinated late winter/early spring on did so through mass vaccination drives & it's unlikely that information was retained in any way that is accessible to them. My son got his first shot through a drive-thru mass vaccination drive, which closed down between his first & second shot, so we had to scramble to get him his second shot somewhere else with no help. No record keeping, nothing.

I’m sorry that my suggestion wasn’t applicable to your specific situation, but the OP indicated that there were doctor’s records available. Your situation would therefore not apply to the OP.

Hope you were able to resolve your situation.

the OP indicated that there were doctor’s records available.
You said "vaccine provider or state department of health". Most people were not vaccinated at their doctor's office, and the state department of health is not part of the doctor's office, either.

I put all of our vaccine cards with our passports for safekeeping. I have pics on my phone, but wanted to make sure to keep the originals together in a place I would remember (or at least where they would be found when I most needed them).

I put all of our vaccine cards with our passports for safekeeping. I have pics on my phone, but wanted to make sure to keep the originals together in a place I would remember (or at least where they would be found when I most needed them).
That’s what we did too! We slipped them in between the pages of our passport books, on the theory that would make it “idiot proof” for me and DH on the next cruise/international trip when we need it. So far have not needed it for any other purpose so it has stayed there in our passports in the safe.

You said "vaccine provider or state department of health". Most people were not vaccinated at their doctor's office, and the state department of health is not part of the doctor's office, either.
I had my shot at Lambeau field. Turned out one of our local hospitals worked the event. So I was able to get a copy at the hospital with a stamp to make it official. BUT I lost that copy in AZ on vacation and found out I needed a copy to see Kinky Boots on my way to Chicago. So with only a few minutes I was able to go to my WI state’s health department website and pull up my records with a SS#.
If your from WI try dhfswir.org and see if you show up in the system. I’m sure this will probably only help the 4 other WI members here.

Your welcome fellow WI Castaway members, I’m fond of capes but declining the offer at this time. Lol

My wife managed to lose hers and our daughter's cards on the last morning of a recent NYC trip (where you can't do almost anything without proving you're vaccinated); she was told that she can't get another but they sent a couple PNGs of the NYS Immunization Information System that show all her details. They're also (fortunately) fixing my daughter's info now - her name was misspelled when put into the system for her first shot but not the second, so I have not been able to get the Excelsior Pass set up for her. Hopefully that's resolved soon; it's much easier to do it all with the app.

I do have scans of all the cards in a OneDrive folder shared with my wife, so we each have a copy, and we each have the Excelsior Pass app on ours phones with all the family listed (except my daughter), so we're good unless we lose both phones, and even then, I should be able to get to them somehow. If you are really nervous, you can also share an online folder with a friend/relative who's not cruising but could send copies if all your own electronics fail. You can do this pretty easy and securely using any online storage - OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox, etc. I also saved the Excelsior Passes to the folder; that makes it easier if setting up a new phone and needing to re-add them. This is done from the app; it creates a PDF file with the QR code and the details of your vaccinations.

The Excelsior Pass is a lot more secure than the physical cards - it's significantly harder to fake than the card is.

My adult college daughter informed me she has lost hers and didn't take pictures of it. I'm so annoyed. I will send her a link to the site Weedy mentioned.

I am an NP & actually lost my card! (FYI - I hardly lose anything... had to get thrown out after returning from travel or just misplaced) o_O
I was able to go to a vaccine site to have them re-fill out an actual card for me. The only think is it didn't have the actual LOT stickers like the original but they did put the LOT numbers on it for me.
I also have a couple proofs of vaccination electronically & printed.
You should have no problem getting another card! :earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter