Lots of Questions

E&B's Mom

Mouseketeer
This may be long . . .

We returned from a May 2003 trip to WDW, and I had serious planning withdrawal. But, I just discovered this forum, and now I'm back!

My hubby just discovered that a bi-annual convention we attend every yearin August will be at the Renessaince Sea World in August '05. I've done some preliminary research, and was considering staying at the Renesaince ($112 group rate - standard room) for the entire 8 day trip. We would be getting those 14 day muti-park tix which had unlimited access to US, IOA, SW and Wet n' Wild, and rent a car.

Now that I've seen some of the beautiful hotels at US (mainly RPH) I would love to stay there and take advantage of the front of the line benefits. So, Here's my new plan, and questions.

Arrive on a Saturday and check inot RPH. We are considering club level (possibly with an Entertainment Card discount (we always have a card). Is the room itself any better than a standard room? Also, does the front of the line bonus apply to the multi-park ticket? How well does trandportation work to the park vs. driving? Any additional parking fee for resort guests who are already paying to park at the resort?

We will probably stay and to US and IOA for 3 days and leave on Tuesday afternoon to ckeck in at the Renessaince. Also hoping to get club level with the group discout and the Renessaince. Has any one stayed at club level there, and how was it?

Maggie

Hi, we are staying at the RPR for the first time next month, and I got us a Fan Club rate of $209 for 5 nights. I don't think you can use your entertainment card to get a club discount, because I tried. The entertainment rate was $125.00 for water view, or $110 for no water view (not sure what this would be, parking lot?) Anyway, let me know if you get an entertainment rate for club level, because I didn't have that luck.

By the way, you really are planning in advance! August 2005? Wow! I can't even think past next month! :p
Good luck!

Yes. My husband thinks I'm crazy too, but I love to play travel agent - would even switch careers if it paid more. We love to plan vacation and take a big one every 2 years (smaller ones on the off years)and we just did WDW in May, so next big one is 2005.

There is absolutely NO reason to drive to the parks from the US hotels. You can WALK from the Royal Pacific or take the water taxi or shuttle bus. It is so close and convenient.
The rooms on club level are no different than those on any other floor. You just get the benefit of food and drinks.
Front of the line is automatic when you show your room key from the Royal Pacific. It doesn't matter what kind of park ticket you have.
Any park ticket will get you an express pass from one of the machines (like Fast Pass) if you are not staying on site.
You pay to park at the hotel--again, there is NO reason to drive to the park unless you are staying at an off site hotel.
Staying on site is fantastic. The parks are so close to one another and City Walk and the hotels. It just couldn't get much more convenient. You'll love it!!:Pinkbounc

if you are staying on site you automatically get FOTL access so it does not matter what ticket media you have. It could be a 1 day ticket for all they care.

Thanks Everybody!!!

I'm trying hard not to get too excited, after all, look at my countdown. Your answers were very helpful. It's great to know there's a place to plan for this trip like I did for the WDW trip last May.

Maggie

You will learn alot here!!!! And everyone is so helpful. Keep us posted on your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter