Lounge access at MCO

zatharas

Earning My Ears
I used to be able to use my credit card to get lounge access at Toronto and Orlando but it looks like my CIBC Aventura card will only work in the Toronto airport. Is there a Canadian credit card that gives lounge access for mco?

Since Visa Canada dropped Priority Pass and went with DragonPass in July 2022, unfortunately there are only two Canadian credit cards that give you Priority Pass access: the Amex Platinum and Amex Business Platinum cards.

I just found this out on my last trip, still trying to figure it out. I always used my BMO World Elite card, used to be Priority Pass and then it became LoungeKey. But now it doesn't work! We had no idea about this Dragon Pass thing. I get 4 with this card and 6 with my BMO Visa Infinite Priviledge and apparently none of them work now. We fly from Buffalo to Orlando and they both have The Club lounges. I just got back so I haven't had time to look into it further. But the girl and the Club MCO said it won't work with BMO anymore.

BMO doesn't give out free passes anymore with my World Elite card. Now we have to pay $32US (!) for each time we visit. This obviously means we don't bother with lounges LOL

The Lounge was often full anyways. So I don’t feel I’m missing anything by not having Priority Pass anymore. (I have the visa airport companion one now)

I ended up applying for the Scotiabank Platinum American Express just for lounge passes.

It’s a cool card with a nice sign up bonus (balanced by a huge annual fee). I am liking it a lot but don’t think I will keep it after the first year.

Great perk is travel medical insurance for up to 30 days.

I thought about getting the Platinum Amex but I already have one large fee credit card with the Visa Infinite Privilege card and I don't want another one, I think it will end up cheaper just to buy the lounge passes for the 2 or 3 times a year that we are there.

I thought about getting the Platinum Amex but I already have one large fee credit card with the Visa Infinite Privilege card and I don't want another one, I think it will end up cheaper just to buy the lounge passes for the 2 or 3 times a year that we are there.
We stop into this lounge on our way to the Air Canada gate. But since Covid, the experience there has gone way down. In my opinion, and I'm not sure what the cost is, but it is not worth paying for.

I would agree, it's certainly not the best. We don't go for the food and drink, we just like the peace and quiet. Those gates are nuts sometimes.

You may want to double check that. I believe that benefit is no longer.

Looks like both of the BMO travel cards have switched to Dragonpass so you're right unless there's another BMO card that provides Priority Pass I don't know about.

The Dragonpass that is affiliated with the Visa Airport Companion (I have the Scotiabank Passport Visa) no longer provides access to the MCO lounge.

Agree that the Plaza Premium lounges at YYZ aren't anything special - they remind me of an Ikea cafeteria

Just left The Club lounge at MCO. We got our family of 4 in with my husband's Amex Platinum Card and my supplementary card (we get one guest each). It was pretty great especially because our flight was delayed 3 times so we spent almost 5 hours in there. I noticed during this visit that they have moved to a system of QR codes on tables to order hot food which is delivered right to you. The Amex Platinum is really expensive... but we do pretty well with it with the annual travel credit, lounge visits, and offers. For example if we hadn't been in the lounge today, we would have had to buy snacks and lunch in the airport. We travel quite a bit though for work and to see our families who live on either side of the country. For us it makes sense but I can understand that the math (or even the feeling of that huge annual fee outlay) wouldn't be attractive for many.

Does anyone know if MCO has a lounge before you go through security. My DD will be dropped off at the airport around 7:30am for a 2:30pm flight. She needs somewhere to go and will has a lot of luggage. Any suggestions?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter